The hook-up culture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hook-up culture

I do know about this new age thing. I've personally never been a part of this culture, but to be honest this is actually quite normal between most people of my age as far as I know. Especially with the advent of tinder and similar dating apps, it has became a lot more easier to engage in casual sexual encounters than it was back in the time. Also, I find it quite surprising that you're saying that more men are involved in it than women, coz if men are doing it they can't be doing it alone LOL. Anyways, this culture has never been appealing to me, but to each their own.

Comment

I'd contest that as a big overestimation by these so-called experts. What is the age-group of these experts anyway?
      Are you part of the culture or are you aware of it?
      Yes, I am aware of the culture, but I am not part of it. Either I am too socially awkward, too picky about who I sleep with, or I (un)fortunately do not conform to rules number 1&2 of Tinder, i.e. #1-Be attractive, #2-Don't be unattractive In any case, my personal opinion of this 'culture' is that at the bare minimum, the participants should maintain common standards of decency, exercise caution and practise safe sex.
      ...regret over their involvement in it
      well, everybody involved in it is an adult. If they do not take some care in their actions, they have no one to blame but themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth101 View Post
        I do know about this new age thing. I've personally never been a part of this culture, but to be honest this is actually quite normal between most people of my age as far as I know. Especially with the advent of tinder and similar dating apps, it has became a lot more easier to engage in casual sexual encounters than it was back in the time. Also, I find it quite surprising that you're saying that more men are involved in it than women, coz if men are doing it they can't be doing it alone LOL. Anyways, this culture has never been appealing to me, but to each their own.
        Haha ofcourse the culture is a two way street. It's just that women tend to deny or keep it a private matter as compared to men who are more open about sleeping with 10 women every week

Comment

Originally posted by Coco_loco View Post
          I'd contest that as a big overestimation by these so-called experts. What is the age-group of these experts anyway? Yes, I am aware of the culture, but I am not part of it. Either I am too socially awkward, too picky about who I sleep with, or I (un)fortunately do not conform to rules number 1&2 of Tinder, i.e. #1-Be attractive, #2-Don't be unattractive In any case, my personal opinion of this 'culture' is that at the bare minimum, the participants should maintain common standards of decency, exercise caution and practise safe sex. well, everybody involved in it is an adult. If they do not take some care in their actions, they have no one to blame but themselves...
          Safe sex is the only way , however some delinquents prefer the unsafer option because to them it's "boring" thus creating a new culture. But the again it depends on the people involved.

Comment

Originally posted by 7_up View Post

Haha ofcourse the culture is a two way street. It's just that women tend to deny or keep it a private matter as compared to men who are more open about sleeping with 10 women every week
            Yeah that and also, if you know about the reality of this culture, then very few men actually get almost all the women distributed among themselves, while remaining just masturbate and lie. Lol (I'm talking strictly about hook-up culture here.)

Comment

Working...
            X