Less online activity after 30, no?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aviawonder
    started a topic Less online activity after 30, no?

Less online activity after 30, no?

Noticed that all of my friends who turned 30 are now rarely online on this website. I am curious why. Probably because they have found their soul mates and created a family of their own. Or they got bored? I do miss them.
    What do you think? Does life exist on this website after 30?

• stephy_kim
    replied
    Originally posted by wanderer1011 View Post
    I do like what stated here. It is the truth. A lot of people, I noticed, that are looking for love and some (maybe or not all) would join pretending to be someone else just to scam people here.

To answer the question "What's the purpose of you joining Interpals?". I joined this site because I miss having a penpal and build genuine friendship too. I do this because I also want to learn more about a culture, a country, people, etc.

The sad thing about the modernized world is people are becoming more intimate with their gadgets and social medias rather than able to communicate effectively in person. I do not argue that the internet is a good thing to connect with people, friends, families and love ones but to spend more time than with the people matter to you is a different story.
    In this modernized world, to find a good friend is like finding a needle in haystack. From my POV, it's no harm if people are becoming more intimate with their gadgets because that's the trend now. I am talking about using smart phones. No one has the patience to stay in front of a computer or laptop for long hours . If the said person genuinely want to communicate further, he/she will want to keep in touch via personal email or social messenger. But of course that's after a few rounds of decent conversations on interpals.

Leave a comment:

• wanderer1011
    replied
    Originally posted by stephy_kim View Post
    It's nothing about age. It's more about the quality of people you find here. From what i observed, most people joined interpals for the wrong reasons such as scamming people for money, gifts and love. For those who successfully found real love and great friendship here, good for you. Over the past years, i received numerous friendship request for wrong reasons such as they want to exchange gifts, have a love relationship and so on. That's kinda put me off after some time.

I am here to look for new friends to chat with and not a relationship. But how many out there are really genuine in becoming friends without having any ulterior motives? I really miss the ole days where people are more genuine in friendship without asking anything in return. You know....just having some funny, interesting, deep and meaningful conversations of any thing. Whatever progress from there is a bonus regardless it turned into a relationship or you become friends for life.

So you need to ask yourself this question " What's the purpose of you joining Interpals?
    I do like what stated here. It is the truth. A lot of people, I noticed, that are looking for love and some (maybe or not all) would join pretending to be someone else just to scam people here.

To answer the question "What's the purpose of you joining Interpals?". I joined this site because I miss having a penpal and build genuine friendship too. I do this because I also want to learn more about a culture, a country, people, etc.

The sad thing about the modernized world is people are becoming more intimate with their gadgets and social medias rather than able to communicate effectively in person. I do not argue that the internet is a good thing to connect with people, friends, families and love ones but to spend more time than with the people matter to you is a different story.

Leave a comment:

• I_Love_Good_Stories
    replied
    I believe that our ideas of "friendship" haven't matured out of the idealistic 20s when social currency mattered the most. We still tend to have these romanticized memories of friendships we made when we were younger, quite forgetting that, as we grow older, it's unlikely that we'll be as INVESTED in another person (besides our SOs) like we did in our early 20s.

I personally feel we must have "friendship blocks" based on age, and what stage in life we are in. Im in my mid-30s and honestly, I can't hope to find "friends" here on interpals anymore. My "friendship block" is most likely going to be in professional networks or young parent groups. I don't HAVE to part of either, but I would identify with most of them, and not younger people here who talk about things I have since grown out of.

Leave a comment:

• DuffMan_
    replied
    When you turn 30 or more, i guess you get busy with career and life but that shouldnt stop you from staying connected with friends offline or online. You need to try to make time for your social life as much as possible keeping work & other stuff aside. But yeah, i guess saying it is easier than doing it...

Leave a comment:

• strangerzero
    replied
    Originally posted by aviawonder View Post
    Noticed that all of my friends who turned 30 are now rarely online on this website. I am curious why. Probably because they have found their soul mates and created a family of their own. Or they got bored? I do miss them.
    What do you think? Does life exist on this website after 30?

Why not, I am born for the 3rd time on Planet earth but I left it for Planet Mars for the sake and love of my dream girl, Miss Cinderella (The queen of Planet Mars). This website is also popular among aliens of Planet Mars. If you found someone talk to you with an appropriate way, that would be no one but our Planet Mars alien. I am currently using PMLSIS (Planet Mars Light Speed Internet Service). We aliens have broad heart for everyone. You can visit our planet anytime without a visa and can stay there forever, no restriction at all. We don't know what is Hate? This disease can only found in Human on Planet earth throughout of the entire universe.

Take care buddies!
    Human converted alien...
    Mr. Khan

Leave a comment:

• JacqueMiranda
    replied
    Yes, I think
    Maybe working, in the parties or with the family

Leave a comment:

• Sherlockfangirl
    replied
    Stephanie I love what you are saying here. I haven't been here long enough to see what other peoples motivates are but I have found that I had more genuine relationships when I was teen and early 20s, but as I age it seems to be a stark contrast! Either there are the few who want a meaningful friendship and then there are many who are out for some specific motive that is NOT friendship or (in this case) chat/penpal/language learning. It's so sad bc if you don't run into the few who are seeking something deep then you feel like you are out to sea, floating on a raft in the middle of the ocean. It can feel so deserted. Anyway, here I'm mostly looking for friends or Spanish language partners. Both would be ideal ^^

Leave a comment:

• stephy_kim
    replied
    It's nothing about age. It's more about the quality of people you find here. From what i observed, most people joined interpals for the wrong reasons such as scamming people for money, gifts and love. For those who successfully found real love and great friendship here, good for you. Over the past years, i received numerous friendship request for wrong reasons such as they want to exchange gifts, have a love relationship and so on. That's kinda put me off after some time.

I am here to look for new friends to chat with and not a relationship. But how many out there are really genuine in becoming friends without having any ulterior motives? I really miss the ole days where people are more genuine in friendship without asking anything in return. You know....just having some funny, interesting, deep and meaningful conversations of any thing. Whatever progress from there is a bonus regardless it turned into a relationship or you become friends for life.

So you need to ask yourself this question " What's the purpose of you joining Interpals?

Leave a comment:

• Indonesia_woman
    replied
    Interpals is still good place ..read forum to escape the boring life..
    may be i would leave also if i got a partner because spending time with a partner is more interesting than online..online..

Leave a comment:

• Flaminguera
    replied
    Originally posted by Yeongjo View Post
    Well I think I agree with your opinion. I can't find friends who wants talk to me here.. I think my age is problem.
    It's funny how people see a problem in anything but themselves. If a person has an active lifestyle, age doesn't play an important role. The students are busy with studies, adults with work and family. IP has had dozens of problems for the last 1-1,5 year, many people just gave up on it. Still I can see active users here who are in their 30s,40s,50s.

Leave a comment:

• Yeongjo
    replied
    Well I think I agree with your opinion. I can't find friends who wants talk to me here.. I think my age is problem.
    Most of users are under 30s here.

Leave a comment:

• Sherlockfangirl
    replied
    I completely agree with Groundhogday. Sadly we are still building our careers but also have children and its' a whirlwind of busyness.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X