No announcement yet.

Talk to your child(ren) about CONSENT!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk to your child(ren) about CONSENT!

People are quick to talk about sex, usually in a heterosexual cisgender way. Even so, that way doesn't talk about consent. Teach your children that important to clear yes or no before touching someone, and "maybe" usually means know. "I don't know" definitely means no! Just like you teach you teach your child they should ask before they get anything else, they should ask before they touch someone or something to or with someone! And, teach them this regardless of sex or gender. Not teaching children and teens about consent is why teens and adults end up in abusive relationships. Don't let that be your child, be it the abuser or the victim! CONSENT IS FOR EVERYONE! CONSENT IN MANDATORY!

I never ask and it is fairly easy to judge the situation of how far a woman is comfortable letting you go. And if I go too far then she will let me know and I stop. There is no need to add all these new rules to make it as less fun as most awkward as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark-Matter View Post
      I never ask and it is fairly easy to judge the situation of how far a woman is comfortable letting you go. And if I go too far then she will let me know and I stop. There is no need to add all these new rules to make it as less fun as most awkward as possible.
      I hope you´re not talking about children, cause that´s the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by rafaalbrecht1 View Post
        I hope you´re not talking about children, cause that´s the topic.
        It is about teaching something to children and teens but it is also about sexual type interactions in general.

Comment

Well, sure it is important that kids know that consent is necessary. Our job is to raise kids so that they are not rapists and abusers, so that they start healthy relationships where they feel comfortable and make the other person feel comfortable. I believe only abusive people do not stop when they see another person is not ready to carry on, normal people feel when not to cross the line so I'd say raise our kids so that they become normal people, not abusive monsters.

Comment

Working...
          X