Have you never married?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you never married?

I just curious that is it exist the people who are up 30 years old and still single. I means never married.
    If you are that one. Please give me your reason. Thanks :wink:
    http://f.ptcdn.info/557/018/000/1399...EvilAirQ-o.gif

Comment

The world changes,

There is still a significant majority where marriage still holds importance for cultural, religious and personal aspirations.

Some people repeatedly put it off due to the shear cost. It is touted that the average marriage cost between £15,000 to £20,000. Money better used for a deposit.

Equally there is a significant majority where the concept of marriage does not have a bearing on their lives.

Increasingly I have been seeing a number of marriages breaking up after only a few years and communication has broken down completely. It would seem that there is not any inclination on either side to try and resolve the difficulties so they just chuck it in.

I know several women that deliberately ditched their husbands as they had served their purpose providing them with the children, the house and the alimony they wanted.

Comment

I have never been married because I haven`t come across the right girl yet. I´ve had a few relationships but none of them turned out to be solid enough to marry. Now I´m single for almost 6 years but I can`t really say that I miss anything except for the feeling to have someone by my side every now and then. What the hell, some fine day I will find her, or she will find me. I´m in no hurry because falling in love head over heels is one thing, finding true love can be tricky. I´ve got nothing to prove so I´ll just take my time.

Comment

Originally posted by _Andrew_
          The world changes,

There is still a significant majority where marriage still holds importance for cultural, religious and personal aspirations.

Some people repeatedly put it off due to the shear cost. It is touted that the average marriage cost between £15,000 to £20,000. Money better used for a deposit.

Equally there is a significant majority where the concept of marriage does not have a bearing on their lives.

Increasingly I have been seeing a number of marriages breaking up after only a few years and communication has broken down completely. It would seem that there is not any inclination on either side to try and resolve the difficulties so they just chuck it in.

I know several women that deliberately ditched their husbands as they had served their purpose providing them with the children, the house and the alimony they wanted.
          You are right the world changed but marriage still important for every culture (maybe except for backwoodsman) if you want to built family.
          The average cost for marriage it's depends on you and your partner want, you can pay less cost for simple wedding and invite only important people.

I'm agree with you for number of marriage broke up after a few year of married but that not at all of them, some couple keep their relationship until the last day of life.

I don't think to be single mom is fun and most of woman don't need divorce and be single mom although they got alimony. It's better if They can keep to be family for their children.
          :idea:

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick77
            I have never been married because I haven`t come across the right girl yet. I´ve had a few relationships but none of them turned out to be solid enough to marry. Now I´m single for almost 6 years but I can`t really say that I miss anything except for the feeling to have someone by my side every now and then. What the hell, some fine day I will find her, or she will find me. I´m in no hurry because falling in love head over heels is one thing, finding true love can be tricky. I´ve got nothing to prove so I´ll just take my time.
            Love always play with people, When you wanted and you found it then you won't see it but love will come close to you when you don't need and run away from it.

Anyway Lucky and enjoy your life.
            :wink:

Comment

Well, I´m confident of the fact that somewhere out there my perfect match is roaming around. I don`t like the term "soulmate" very much, but I guess it comes close. Now all I gotta do is to wait until fate is merging our paths

Comment

I have never married and probably will not also in future. For me independence is the biggest value and I want to keep it.

Comment

Never married. Was close to it several times, but not married yet.

Comment

I've never married and don't want to. I really don't see any benefit to it from a male point of view. If anything I'm likely to end up far worse off for marriage!

Comment

I've always seen marriage as something that may or may not happen, just like having children. I see too many people who strive for a marriage and a family and when you try to talk about it with them, it becomes obvious that the main reason they want this is because they think it's what you have to want.

Personally, I do not want to find a person to marry but I want to marry IF I find a person who I'll feel I want this with. Who shares my idea of what married life would be like for us and who I really feel is 'the one'. I know it's different in other cultures and even just for other people but for me as a non-religious person, marriage is not an emotional must.

I only just talked about this with a friend of mine and we wondered why so many people make their happiness depend on just one path that their life could or could not take?!

With that said, I'd totally do it for the dress, a beach wedding and a honeymoon on one of those tiny islands in the Carribean or Maledives where you have a cabin on the water. Any takers? :P

Comment

No one who shares the same values as me that I am attracted to.

Comment

No one who shares the same values as me that I am attracted to.

Comment

Simple: I don't belive in marriage.
                            I don't need it. I found out that it's not profitable fot a girl to get married.
                            I've known many guys who thought that a wife is a sort of missing mother.
                            I'm of course talking about italians. They pretend to be men while they aren't able to feed themselves because they didn't learn to cook as they're living with their mother even if they turned 30.
                            Well, if I want a child I expect it to be younger then a 30-years-old man.

Comment

I agree with you!
                              marriage is not really necessary. and when you think has your life emotional crossed, you do not regret.

Comment

Working...
                              X