Going gray?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going gray?

If you hair is going gray (or already has), would you dye it?

Or why does it seem gray hair on a woman makes her generally seem elderly, but on a man, it generally seems distinguished? I could be wrong but check visual media. Many more gray (silver) haired men than women.

Wouldn't dye mine( i've hardly got any left ) grow old gracefully.

Comment

i will always have mine but i do always ask haircutter to remove just the gray. they never listen. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by SpacemanBiff View Post

Or why does it seem gray hair on a woman makes her generally seem elderly, but on a man, it generally seems distinguished? I could be wrong but check visual media. Many more gray (silver) haired men than women.
        Grey hair on a younger man, say in his 30s and 40s, makes him look distinguished. On a guy in his 60s it's just normal.

I prefer salt & pepper hair on a woman.

Comment

My hair started going grey when I was in my 30's so I tried dyeing it for a while. I finally gave up because the grey never took the color and then it just started looking really bad. Now I am about 2/3 grey and get compliments on my hair.

I think women are more conscious of their appearance as the men they are with start paying more attention to younger women as they age.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
            Grey hair on a younger man, say in his 30s and 40s, makes him look distinguished. On a guy in his 60s it's just normal.

I prefer salt & pepper hair on a woman.
            I like vinegar on mine

Comment

i have silver streaks no grey here
              bad decisions make for good stories

Comment

I'm 56, and have maybe no more than a dozen grey hairs. When the grey really starts coming in, I'll let it come in. It would be awesome if it became a sparkling white.
                My natural hair color is dark brown, with auburn streaks running through it. (The red streaks show up in the sun or under a lamp...lol)

Comment

Or why does it seem gray hair on a woman makes her generally seem elderly, but on a man, it generally seems distinguished?
                  Hmmm, something like this. Example, George Clooney. With grey hair he looks way more attractive.

Grey hair on women may look very pretty or even exotic too, depends on lenght, and her overall skin condition.

Comment

ok so which one is george ?

bad decisions make for good stories

Comment

Originally posted by chardie View Post
                      Depends if alcohol included and the number of shots.

Comment

Originally posted by chardie View Post

No wonder you have trouble finding female friends ....

Comment

Friends,

I am bald. but I have a beard, and with 3 kids... its totally white now... My oldest is 25...

yes I have dyed it. Its funny now.. but it has happened.

have a great day.

dr. darrell of Michigan.

Comment

I always dye my hair. I hate the natural color cause it can't make up it's own mind. maybe dyeing it has it confused. I do have a few grey hairs though.

Comment

Grey hair on a young man makes him look wise and elegant. This is why younger politicians always benefit from having grey hair. The combination of youthful looks with grey hair has a certain magic... On an old man, grey hair just looks natural. The photos Flaminguera produced are of very attractive people. Most people of that age are a mess, so hair colour is irrelevent.

In France (where I am presently vacationing) I have seen a lot of older women with salt-and-pepper hair and it looks quite nice. The cosmetics industry has really had a lot of success in convincing women to dye their hair...even young women. I saw a statistic in a French magazine claiming that in 1955, 2% of women dyed their hair. Fifty years later, in 2005, the proportion of women who dyed their hair was up to 85%.

I don't understand why...

Comment

Working...
                              X