No announcement yet.

worst thing about driving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D'oh! You didn't like the way the threads were tied together?

Comment

Originally posted by justwannachat View Post
      We have little Roo whistles fitted to our cars.
      They work great ...... most of the time.
      No good when the critter is deaf. (which some are)
      Roo whistles must be like deer whistles, I've had mixed success. I mean if some coyotes scare or startle a deer, whistles are not going to change her path. That's what happened in my two experiences.
      ​oh I have to add, what I hate about driving are idiot drivers that do not pay attention to the intersections and the traffic lights.

Comment

Originally posted by SpacemanBiff View Post
        D'oh! You didn't like the way the threads were tied together?
        "Tsk tsk tsk" - the sound that skippy makes

Comment

Originally posted by LynneMK View Post
          Roo whistles must be like deer whistles, I've had mixed success. I mean if some coyotes scare or startle a deer, whistles are not going to change her path. That's what happened in my two experiences.
          ​oh I have to add, what I hate about driving are idiot drivers that do not pay attention to the intersections and the traffic lights.
          The whistles only work when the air entering is between 60 to 100 kilometres per hour.
          Correct,if the animal is already panicking then nothing can change it's reaction.

You mean the idiots who think they own the road and can do what they like?
          Yep, the worse than any poor critter who got no real road sense.

Comment

Yeah those idiots, this past Sunday I almost had a driver in a nice cadillac want to have her front end have a talk with the side of my SUV, creative swerving and blaring of the horn did get her to stop paying attention to her phone and look at the road. I mean I had the green light all clear driving straight, no turning right of way, she was turning left and had a blinking yellow arrow telling her caution and of course yield to right of wayour, she came barreling down above the posted speed limit ( remember this is America) . Thank goodness there was a store and parking lot on the corner, I swerved around her and I to the parking lot. I couldn't drive for awhile I was shaking. Truck behind me pulled in to see if I was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by LynneMK View Post
              Yeah those idiots, this past Sunday I almost had a driver in a nice cadillac want to have her front end have a talk with the side of my SUV, creative swerving and blaring of the horn did get her to stop paying attention to her phone and look at the road. I mean I had the green light all clear driving straight, no turning right of way, she was turning left and had a blinking yellow arrow telling her caution and of course yield to right of wayour, she came barreling down above the posted speed limit ( remember this is America) . Thank goodness there was a store and parking lot on the corner, I swerved around her and I to the parking lot. I couldn't drive for awhile I was shaking. Truck behind me pulled in to see if I was ok.
              We have this thing where we can ring 000 and report them.. time, place, registration, colour of car etc. and they get fined.
              It's illegal to use the phone and drive here in Oz. Maybe even get fined for speeding and dangerous driving.

Easy for them to check if your report is true..... phone log will tell them.

Apparently plenty are doing the reporting.

Comment

Worst thing about driving is drivers.
                Domestic joke:
                "You're a driver - bicyclists are morons.
                You're a cycler - drivers are morons.
                You're a pedestrian - all around are morons!"

Comment

Friends,

Originally posted by acespace View Post
                  Worst thing about driving is drivers.
                  Domestic joke:
                  "You're a driver - bicyclists are morons.
                  You're a cycler - drivers are morons.
                  You're a pedestrian - all around are morons!"
                  Your on interpals. All around me are Morons!!!!!

Your over 50, your a PEDO!!!!

Good luck.

dr., darrell of Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDarrell View Post
                    Friends,

Your on interpals. All around me are Morons!!!!!

Your over 50, your a PEDO!!!!

Good luck.

dr., darrell of Michigan.
                    HEY enough of the stereotyping
                    bad decisions make for good stories

Comment

i once hit a roo on my motorbike, last t intersection 4 kilometers from home , near midnight. made the turn and gunned it. looked down was dong 120 look up roo right in front front nowhere to go, i quite literally stood on the brakes which is quite a trick seeing as the front brakes are on the handle bar not sure what speed i hit the roo at. but i measured seven meters from where the plastic front mudguard broke to where the roo landed. i have no idea how i didnt drop the bike maybe because i hit dead on and the front end of the bike was under compression from hard braking and most likely the very quick prayer dear lord have mercy on me a sinner helped as well i think. the outcome for the roo was terminally negative it also changed my riding/driving habits at night
                      bad decisions make for good stories

Comment

Working...
                      X