Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Indonesia, a n00b in this group.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Indonesia, a n00b in this group.

Hi, I'm a n00b in this group, because I reach 40 last year. From 6 to 20 something, I know what I had to do for sure, which is study to get a good grade, go to good university, get your degree and got a job. I came from a poor family, so I don't want to mess up my parent's effort to provide good formal education for me.

From 20-30, well actually until the last few years, I'm busy with getting a job, working, get it done, saving, take a loan to buy a house, get your kids to good school, etc.

Now at 40, things already work just fine. I just have to keep my job and makes me have more time to ponder. What should I do now? Is there something more to life than just surviving?

Discover some spare time hobbies would be a good suggestion.

Comment

i's suggest not bike racing
      bad decisions make for good stories

Comment

Originally posted by chardie View Post

Given it up have you Chards

Comment

Originally posted by RRicho View Post
          Discover some spare time hobbies would be a good suggestion.
          Of course you're right, I'm still searching new hobbies that could spark my interest. Do a bit gardening, do a bit woodworking, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by chardie View Post
            What's wrong with bike racing? Not that I'm interested in it.

Comment

Gardening and woodworking are very constructive unlike bike racing which can be very destructive

Comment

Originally posted by Han1977 View Post

Of course you're right, I'm still searching new hobbies that could spark my interest. Do a bit gardening, do a bit woodworking, etc.

I see your an Electrical Engineer, why not use your knowledge to make some innovative garden decorations ... wind powered things or a water extraction from air machine ( I read about this somewhere on the net).... etc.

Comment

I see your an Electrical Engineer, why not use your knowledge to make some innovative garden decorations ... wind powered things or a water extraction from air machine ( I read about this somewhere on the net).... etc.
                  Haha, well, I kind of fed up with electronic device.

Also I don't have much interest in electrical engineering in the first place, I choose to study it with getting a job in mind. I began to realize that it's might be a bad decision in the third semester, but it would be a waste of money to change it. Like I said before, my main concern at that time, was getting a good job, that's all, and through luck that's what I got.
                  Last edited by Han1977; 01-12-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Remember Grandma Moses started painting seriouslt when she was 78. You're never too old to find a new passion in life, even bike racing.

Comment

Originally posted by SpacemanBiff View Post
                      Remember Grandma Moses started painting seriouslt when she was 78. You're never too old to find a new passion in life, even bike racing.

No no, not bike racing ... a member here who we shan't name keeps falling off and ends up in hospital chatting up the nurses.

Comment

Haha, well, I kind of fed up with electronic device.

Also I don't have much interest in electrical engineering in the first place, I choose to study it with getting a job in mind. I began to realize that it's might be a bad decision in the third semester, but it would be a waste of money to change it. Like I said before, my main concern at that time, was getting a good job, that's all, and through luck that's what I got.

Your just making excuses, bite the bullet and get creative with your knowledge, that's how you stimulate your brain ..... another suggestion, learn a musical instrument.

Comment

No no, not bike racing ... a member here who we shan't name keeps falling off and ends up in hospital chatting up the nurses.
                          And maybe the nurses can practice their catheter tube insertion technique if that unnamed stuntman prattles on too much. See, a win-win situation!

Comment

Maybe I should try bike racing...

Comment

Maybe I should try bike racing...
                              I'm sure there are less painful ways of chatting to nurses.

Comment

Working...
                              X