Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrDarrell View Post
    Friends,

Wow you guys are OLD!!!! you are sucking the youth out of the 40+ board.

maybe we need a 50+ and a 60+ board????

to get a corral around you dinosaurs.

Enjoy your day.

dr. Darrell of michigan. ( so old, I remember when rocks were SOFT)

If we are boring you lot then come up with some topics .... or we will keep entertaining ourselves (and you also )

Comment

I'm just 31, but I agree with RRicho... civilization has entered a great decadence.... There may have been bad things in the past, but I don't think it's ever been worst.

Spineless, irresponsible, perverse, selfish are just a few adjectives that describe many of the youth of today. The previous generations simply spoiled their kids too much. If you give your kids everything you didn't have in your childhood, just because, they'll think that's the normal state of things. Whatever you give them, and how easily you give it to them, will be their measurement of normality. And, unfortunately, humans always want more.

I believe I was blessed in my childhood by being very poor. It helped me to learn the true value of things. Nowadays, it appalls me to see the little value people put in food, water, clothes, a roof over your head and other basic necessities. Honestly, kids should earn any gifts you give to them. Even if it's just by doing simple things... like cleaning their room, getting passing grades, or even just washing their dishes or being polite. It's plainly bad to shower the youth with stuff, without them understanding they've earned those gifts. It makes them think it's your duty to do it, rather than an expression of caring. The only thing they should get, just because, are words of caring and love, hugs and praise.

But, at this point it would probably take a disaster to have the current generations to change their views...

Comment

Originally posted by Alverik View Post
        I'm just 31, but I agree with RRicho... civilization has entered a great decadence.... There may have been bad things in the past, but I don't think it's ever been worst.

Spineless, irresponsible, perverse, selfish are just a few adjectives that describe many of the youth of today. The previous generations simply spoiled their kids too much. If you give your kids everything you didn't have in your childhood, just because, they'll think that's the normal state of things. Whatever you give them, and how easily you give it to them, will be their measurement of normality. And, unfortunately, humans always want more.

I believe I was blessed in my childhood by being very poor. It helped me to learn the true value of things. Nowadays, it appalls me to see the little value people put in food, water, clothes, a roof over your head and other basic necessities. Honestly, kids should earn any gifts you give to them. Even if it's just by doing simple things... like cleaning their room, getting passing grades, or even just washing their dishes or being polite. It's plainly bad to shower the youth with stuff, without them understanding they've earned those gifts. It makes them think it's your duty to do it, rather than an expression of caring. The only thing they should get, just because, are words of caring and love, hugs and praise.

But, at this point it would probably take a disaster to have the current generations to change their views...
        i'm still poor..... all donations graciously accepted

Comment

Originally posted by Alverik View Post

Please prove first that things are worse today than in earlier times.
          When you are serious about it, you will find out that this is an absolutely false claim in all first-world-countries.

Comment

I definitely don't want to go back to the past, I'm having too much fun here

Comment

Civilization in 2018.

[COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]02-18-2018, 11:06 AM[/COLOR]

WELCOME to 2018
              Our Phones - Wireless
              Cooking - Fireless
              Cars - Keyless
              Food - Fatless
              Tires -Tubeless
              Dress - Sleeveless
              Youth - Jobless
              Leaders - Shameless
              Relationships - Meaningless
              Attitudes - Careless
              Babies - Fatherless
              Feelings - Heartless
              Education - Valueless
              Children – Mannerless

We are - SPEECHLESS,
              Government - is CLUELESS,
              And our Politicians - are WORTHLESS!

The great thing about this, is ​,​
              we worked ​so ​
              hard to get here ​!​

cant say more friend

Comment

Originally posted by RRicho View Post
                I definitely don't want to go back to the past, I'm having too much fun here

Good! This whole post would not have been possible even in the 1980s.

I have fiends from: Russia, Colombia, Egypt, Spain, the USA, Australia, Lithuania, Wales, Germany and Italy. In addition, I regularly correspond with people from Poland and Bulgaria. There are quite a number of these people who would not have been allowed to correspond with me 40 years ago. I have met a number of these people. Twenty five years ago, it would have been unthinkable to jump on an aeroplane and visit any one of them. Maybe, I could have taken a train to visit my German friend. That would have taken me the better part of a week. Now, I can do that during the weekend. Visiting the others would, at best, have required a long time planning the journey and a lot of money to execute those plans.

I think I like 2018.

Comment

Working...
                X