No announcement yet.

i bought.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rain wasn't enough to wet the concrete so we are still planting dry ... need some of your Queensland weather Chards.

Comment

i'm in the same boat as you pretty desperate for rain.. too late to plow here after the first frost nothing will grow if it rains i'd slash the paddocks in the hopes of some growth before the frosts but i don't like my chances. i have got the injectors back, installed them this morning and have the fuel lines soaking in petrol. ill most likely do all the fuel lines back to the tank and the tank as well.
      seems to be a lot of crud in the bottom of the tank and then there's two filters to replace. the way i work there's about a weeks worth of work
      considering the tractor is nearly as old as me its probably time to do some preventative maintenance
      Last edited by chardie; 05-04-2018, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chardie View Post
        i'm in the same boat as you pretty desperate for rain.. too late to plow here after the first frost nothing will grow if it rains i'd slash the paddocks in the hopes of some growth before the frosts but i don't like my chances. i have got the injectors back, installed them this morning and have the fuel lines soaking in petrol. ill most likely do all the fuel lines back to the tank and the tank as well.
        seems to be a lot of crud in the bottom of the tank and then there's two filters to replace. the way i work there's about a weeks worth of work
        considering the tractor is nearly as old as me its probably time to do some preventative maintenance

You should enter it in the local tractor pull when you get it fired up .... https://youtu.be/9yHl24QynOM ..... get some tips off this bloke, he seems to know how to get a tractor going good.

Comment

hehe i have seen a few tractor pulls on utube
          that thing goes near as fast as my bike i imagine a plough might slow it down abit. with winter fast approaching maybe i should start a build
          i was looking at super karts last night
          0-100 k =3 sec top speed 250 k low center of gravity twin cylinder 250cc 2stroke whats not to like

Comment

You'd have to lazer level the paddock before you hooked the plow to that mate

Comment

hahaha good one.
              just think how much quicker rounding up the sheep would be

Comment

hahaha good one.
                just think how much quicker rounding up the sheep would be

Everything else is getting faster (except our new NBN ) ... I think we might be onto something here Chards ... high speed farming, although controlling the dust might have the EPA on our backs.

Comment

the australian population got bent over and raped where the NBN is concerned. what a con.. i guess some of the government stooges have done alright but i doubt real aussies are much better off

i'm just going to rig up a couple of used plastic wine casks with some nozzles and hose as i go that aught to keep the dust down
                  Last edited by chardie; 05-07-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

the australian population got bent over and raped where the NBN is concerned. what a con.. i guess some of the government stooges have done alright but i doubt real aussies are much better off

i'm just going to rig up a couple of used plastic wine casks with some nozzles and hose as i go that aught to keep the dust down

That's the ploughing and planting speeded up, all we have to do is come up with how to speed up the growing cycle ... paddock to plate in a week ... like the sound of that Chards

Comment

looks like your about to get some of that rain you wanted

Comment

strewth's checked out my profile again.... i guess we will be seeing her in the forum again shortly so you better be on your best behavior Rricho
                        btw i got the filters for the tractor yesterday. on one the internal flange is to small the other..... well its so damn cold today i sheared a diecast bolt in half tightening the glass filter holder up. just cant win. mind you the tractor is a nuff field so its as old as i am

Comment

looks like your about to get some of that rain you wanted

Two inches so far .... almost too much for us but just a light shower for you
                          Last edited by RRicho; 05-11-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

strewth's checked out my profile again.... i guess we will be seeing her in the forum again shortly so you better be on your best behavior Rricho
                            btw i got the filters for the tractor yesterday. on one the internal flange is to small the other..... well its so damn cold today i sheared a diecast bolt in half tightening the glass filter holder up. just cant win. mind you the tractor is a nuff field so its as old as i am

You should live near me mate ... can fix anything, the local farmers come to me for miracles on their old machinery.

Strewth mate your in trouble if she's checking up on you ... or maybe she's just bored

Comment

Originally posted by RRicho View Post

Two inches so far .... almost too much for us but just a light shower for you
                              50 mm hardly worth putting a raincoat on however that wind is is making things a bit chillish

Comment

50 mm hardly worth putting a raincoat on however that wind is is making things a bit chillish

We use inches to measure rain here and you lot measure it in feet .... you will notice I use proper measurement, they were never able to convert me to that other silly system.

Comment

Working...
                                X