X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chardie
    started a topic i bought.....

i bought.....

ok i bought some beans, not sure if they are magic beans......
    but they are as big as your thumb
    i got some other seeds as well 2 types of corn, buckweat, chickpea and 2 types of mung beans just in case the others aren't so magical
    i'll be a proper farmer this year barring a drought
    oh Rricho by the way might need you to to put aside a harvester just in case

• chardie
    replied
    maybe try coffee beans that definitely helps in the morning and strewthie wont move until after the first cup other than that stick to the doctors prescription,.my back decided to play up so the doctor got a visit for stronger painkillers doubt i'll be going in to work until it decides to settle down.

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied
    well the corn is up, Rricho . the chook shed got moved over xmas as its now a hundred meters closer too the house. its my dads only job to collect the eggs. got to keep him active lol. had to reinforce the base of the chook shed as its one of those bird aviary galvanized sheds , been sitting on the ground for ten years, so it had rusted away abit. its now ready for a cyclone or two
    Last edited by chardie; 12-30-2018, 11:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied
    had the rotary hoe going again to day. dad is on water hose patrol trying to keep the dust down. probably run the hoe through it one more time and then to plant some corn. but im wrecked, time for a nap burnt two trailer loads of garden waste yesterday was glad to get rid of it been too windy for the last three weeks. been tempted to build a windmill
    Last edited by chardie; 12-11-2018, 02:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied
    no, nowhere near us. some of the trees fell over not long after we moved in. you know make room for a house pad then clear lanes for the electricity and your allowed clear 10 meters inside the boundary
    we might get a grass fire but no raging inferno's
    Last edited by chardie; 12-05-2018, 04:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RRicho
    replied
    Originally posted by chardie View Post
    got the rotary hoe back Rricho had stuck valve but its going again now got some dirt turned over this afternoon had the pump on the well going with my dad hosing the ground to keep the dust down i'll have some corn in soon this maybe the most expensive corn in history if i have to pump water everyday

Have you been affected with the fires .... looks nasty from the TV reports.

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied
    got the rotary hoe back Rricho had stuck valve but its going again now got some dirt turned over this afternoon had the pump on the well going with my dad hosing the ground to keep the dust down i'll have some corn in soon this maybe the most expensive corn in history if i have to pump water everyday

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied
    hey at least some pom showed up that other bloke has been somewhat negligible in his duties of fronting up, probably binging on sardines from the back of his delivery vehicle
    Last edited by chardie; 10-18-2018, 10:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RRicho
    replied
    a flood would fill up the dam ... i'm still waiting but the the rain is appreciated

Must have been the pommy royalty that's brought the miserable wet weather

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied
    a flood would fill up the dam ... i'm still waiting but the the rain is appreciated

Leave a comment:

• RRicho
    replied
    Your not going to complain about too much rain and floods I hope Chards

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied
    here you go doc something to keep the frostbite away

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied
    my neighbor has a small cattle feed lot just noticed the grain truck coming out of his place. i'd hate to be buying bulk feed at the moment. small square bales are $17.50 each,what a ton of grain is i have no idea and would probably make my eyes water, but a bale lasts me a week. it been overcast all morning and just started raining again which is great. got a stack of firewood stowed away in a dry spot so at least we'll be warm for a few days if the rain keeps up sorry doc it is bloody rude of me not to take a few pics for your visual gratification isn't it .i have been throwing some grain about in the yard beside the house every few days gives some of the local wildlife an easy feed. i'll try to get some pics for you

Leave a comment:

• RRicho
    replied
    Originally posted by DrDarrell View Post
    Friends,

Here in Michigan we are going into fall, so its strange to hear about people PLANTING.

I thought I saw a profile status update of a girl, saying Australia got alot of rain... what the deal with that, I thought you guys never got rain.

Well thank you for sharing. When I say this topic, I got excited for a picture!!!!!

thank you.

dr. Darrell of Michigan.

Unfortunately Doc, it rained in the wrong places, the drought affected agricultural regions have missed out again.
    Lots of grain crops are being cut and bailed for stock feed due to the drought.

Leave a comment:

• RRicho
    replied
    well had some more rain i had the whipper snipper out looks like the rotary hoe might see some action yet, had a mate give me some multi coloured corn seeds so hope to get that planted soon.

I hope it's in technicolor Chards

Leave a comment:

Working...
X