What size am I?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size am I?

I decided I needed a few new clothes for Winter and so I took myself off to the shops. I found a top that I liked and that's when the problems started, what size am I? Am I small, medium, large or one of the larges with multiple x's? Three assistants were standing nearby so I called out “What size do you think I am?” and got the immediate answer “Medium, large, extra large!” Ah Well!
    I decided the best bet was to grab a few sizes and try them on, which I did and found one that fitted. Extra large! Which I was none too happy about being only 167cm tall and 150lbs.
    Having found that out I then got another couple of items, all extra large, and went off home.
    Unpacked and tried on my new clothes! Three items all extra large, three different sizes!! I was not happy. I can understand the manufactures making clothes of a limited range of sizes, but why can't extra large be extra large? A centimetre is a centimetre wherever it comes from so why can't extra large be extra large wherever it comes from? There is no rationalisation at all!

Do you ever come across this problem?

Friends.

I am 6 foot 4 ( 193 cm ) and 260 pounds.

Your luck to find clothes to fit you. Yes we have seen that..

I have friends in mexico with a water park They asked me what I WANTED for christmas. I said a shirt with the water park logo, like all the other workers have.

I have everything money can buy, but I could NOT buy this.

Well they got me a 2XL in mexico.... and gave it to me on the last day. They had to have a person embroider the logo in a rush job.

Well being 193 cm tall, when I took it out of the box.. it only came to my navel!!!!! pretty sad for my friends. jajajajaj

So yes, everyone is trying to cut corners. on cm of material on 10 million shirts is alot of money.

Just try everything on, and pick what you like. GOod luck.

dr. Darrell of Michigan.

Comment

I think you misunderstand me doc.
      My problem was not finding the clothes to fit me but the fact that although the labels said they were all the same size -- they weren't! It's as if each manufacturer makes up their own mind as to what constitutes small, medium, large etc. There is no standard to these sizes!

Comment

Originally posted by Machlud View Post
        ... I can understand the manufactures making clothes of a limited range of sizes, but why can't extra large be extra large? A centimetre is a centimetre wherever it comes from so why can't extra large be extra large wherever it comes from? There is no rationalisation at all!

Do you ever come across this problem?
        There is a rationalization but it is national or regional, not supra-national. Case in point: when I travel, I like to come back with T-shirts of my destination as souvenirs. In places like Cuba and Columbia, men are small so I must buy the very largest size available for the T-shirt to fit me. (In North America, I'm a Medium.) The T-shirts I bought in Columbia were barely OK but after a few washings they've shrunk so much that my wife now wears them...

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

There is a rationalization but it is national or regional, not supra-national. Case in point: when I travel, I like to come back with T-shirts of my destination as souvenirs. In places like Cuba and Columbia, men are small so I must buy the very largest size available for the T-shirt to fit me. (In North America, I'm a Medium.) The T-shirts I bought in Columbia were barely OK but after a few washings they've shrunk so much that my wife now wears them...

I realise all that Roger but if these things are done on a national basis then it's not really rationalisation, is it? As I said in the original post, a centimetre is a centimetre wherever you go, so why can't they standardise things and say "This shirt is so many centimetres round and so many centimetres long"? Confusion gone! everyone happy!

It is still very annoying when you buy three items in the same store, all labelled as being the same size, and having tried the first one on to be sure it fits, they are three different sizes when you get them home!

Comment

OK...you want a worldwide standard for sizes...sorry but that ain't gonna happen!

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
              OK...you want a worldwide standard for sizes...sorry but that ain't gonna happen!

A Storewide standard would be handy! However, is Global standards for a Global market asking too much?
              Last edited by Machlud; 10-30-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDarrell View Post
                Friends.

I am 6 foot 4 ( 193 cm ) and 260 pounds.

Your luck to find clothes to fit you. Yes we have seen that..

I have friends in mexico with a water park They asked me what I WANTED for christmas. I said a shirt with the water park logo, like all the other workers have.

I have everything money can buy, but I could NOT buy this.

Well they got me a 2XL in mexico.... and gave it to me on the last day. They had to have a person embroider the logo in a rush job.

Well being 193 cm tall, when I took it out of the box.. it only came to my navel!!!!! pretty sad for my friends. jajajajaj

So yes, everyone is trying to cut corners. on cm of material on 10 million shirts is alot of money.

Just try everything on, and pick what you like. GOod luck.

dr. Darrell of Michigan.
                you should try a basket ball store they deal with taller people all the time or we could arrange a few people from interpals to kneecap you, that aught to get you under six feet

Comment

Originally posted by chardie View Post

you should try a basket ball store they deal with taller people all the time or we could arrange a few people from interpals to kneecap you, that aught to get you under six feet

Your not suggesting we should cut him down to size are you Chards

Comment

Originally posted by RRicho View Post

If you do I hope it's to a size recognisable and consistent everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by RRicho View Post

i was thinking it.... but you said it

Comment

If you do I hope it's to a size recognisable and consistent everywhere!
                        out here its called tall poppy syndrome... we cut everyone down to size even if you dont think you need it

Comment

out here its called tall poppy syndrome... we cut everyone down to size even if you dont think you need it

Sounds like a good plan!! What do you do with the ones who are undersized to begin with?

Comment

Sounds like a good plan!! What do you do with the ones who are undersized to begin with?
                            feed em steroids for 6 weeks then a couple of hours on the rack they dont complain after that

Comment

feed em steroids for 6 weeks then a couple of hours on the rack they dont complain after that

Are these the same steroids that the kids use to get those drug-lumps which they like to think of as "Muscles"? If so, then the rack is the much healthier option!

Comment

Working...
                              X