Memento Mori

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memento Mori

So it says... Have you thought about it? Any idea how to prepare it nicely? What shall we do so the people we leave will not be in a mess? Shall we write a nice farewell speech/advice? What I'm planning to do is:
    First, ask forgiveness from the people I hurt the most so far
    Second, write down the debt/unfinished business I have (the housing loans, car, etc. I never thought about it until I write this LOL)
    Third, write a journal to my daughter so she'll remember me :-)
    Any other ideas?

Yes, I’ve thought of it and have a notarized will and have paid for my eventual funeral. That’s all I need.

Comment

If you have more than one child/person to give your legacy to, prepare it properly because, if you don't, it's a very good way to break a family. So if you have some land or stuff to sell/divide, do it before you die and don't let this poisoned gift to your heirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
        If you have more than one child/person to give your legacy to, prepare it properly because, if you don't, it's a very good way to break a family. So if you have some land or stuff to sell/divide, do it before you die and don't let this poisoned gift to your heirs.

I agree! I have known families torn apart by legacies. If you are going to leave your kids stuff, then do it before you die, that way you can sort out the mess yourself!

As for "Memento Mori" literally it means "Remember you'll die" or words to that effect, I realised that and I arranged things long ago, so that my son does not have to! No funeral service, no church or chapel, no priests or preachers, no mourners etc. just a cremation with no fuss. All paid for in advance and agreed by all concerned anti-mortem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
          Yes. Both my parents’ families faced a lot of infighting as a result of inheritances. My own sisters no longer talk to me because they didn’t like the way I handled our mother’s estate, so I understand quite well. That’s why my son is getting nothing when I die. Anyway, he has more money than I do so he doesn’t need it. I’ll try to spend every last dollar before I bite the dust...!

Comment

The only thing I've told my close people was that NO signs of catholic church are acceptable during my funeral, I'll leave this request in written form too as well as the request to cremate my body. I've got the only son so everything I owe will be left to him as inheritance but....for now I want to live and enjoy life, I don't feel like dying but I sure think about how short our lives are and wish to experience as many happy moments as possible.

Comment

Working...
            X