No announcement yet.

Memento Mori

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would give my son great pleasure to think that he could flush me down the drain!! It's a good thing that I got there first and arranged my own cremation! Not that it'll bother me one way or the other --- I'll be dead!! (hopefully!)
    However, I think that the best way around the problem is to cut the birth rate somehow (as mentioned in another thread), that would seem the most eco-friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Machlud View Post
      I think it would give my son great pleasure to think that he could flush me down the drain!! It's a good thing that I got there first and arranged my own cremation! Not that it'll bother me one way or the other --- I'll be dead!! (hopefully!)
      However, I think that the best way around the problem is to cut the birth rate somehow (as mentioned in another thread), that would seem the most eco-friendly.
      Cutting the birthdate? That’s not likely to happen. War and pestilence are quite effective methods of population reduction.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

War and pestilence are quite effective methods of population reduction.

Quite obviously, they are not effective at all because the world population is almost at saturation point, according to the World Health Organisation, and still growing out of all control!

Comment

Originally posted by Machlud View Post

Quite obviously, they are not effective at all because the world population is almost at saturation point, according to the World Health Organisation, and still growing out of all control!
          Ah...you're raining on my parade! I was hoping for war and pestilence to bring overpopulation under control. I guess we'll just have to wait for famine to kick in...

Comment

People go crazy when money is involved. That’s unfortunate because it breaks families.

ah very true, people who loves money will do that, they'll become greedy and only think about themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

It's not only about material things but more in order to avoid any conflicts that could result of your legacy. For the rest, it's really up to people and depending on your relatives... Some will enjoy watching a video of you telling them goodbye, some won't. Some will need to spend time with their relatives and some could leave this world without anything, et caetera.
              I see... leaving a video message is a good idea I think

Comment

On the subject of death, there is a new (for humans) form of cremation: alkaline hydrolysis. Also called “aquamation” and “water cremation”, this method of body disposal is said to use much less energy than cremation. It is also said to be carbon neutral, does not emit any greenhouse gasses and is promoted as being ecologically friendly.

I've just heard about water cremation. Wow what genius human are :-) Will the "water/body" be flushing or kept in a bottle? No graveyard needed then.

Comment

Working...
                X