Earliest memories.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earliest memories.

As far back as I can remember is my first day at school, balled my eyes out .... other things I remember after that were the distressing things until around secondary school, can't remember the good things that happened in my early years.

How far back can you oldies remember?

I can remember being carried one night when I must have been 3 at most. I can also remember being four years old, wanting to go outside and play on a rainy day. When I asked my mom if I could, she said no because I would become sick. Somehow I heard that as "six" and wondered to myself,how would I go fron four to six, skipping five.

My first day at kindergarten, I remember they had magnetic letters to play with. Sometime that year,my mom sideswiped a light pole in the parking lot there.

Comment

I asked this question because I have young grandkids and I wondered will they remember me when I'm gone ..... I can remember my grandparents but only after I started school, earlier than that any memories appear not to have been retained.

Comment

Originally posted by RRicho View Post
        I asked this question because I have young grandkids and I wondered will they remember me when I'm gone ..... I can remember my grandparents but only after I started school, earlier than that any memories appear not to have been retained.
        your unforgetable Rricho !!
        i can remember getting dumped at my grand parents when mum and dad took off to the usa for a holiday. earliest memory is from kindergarden and a girl named gail. my first love or i was an early age stalker

Comment

Originally posted by RRicho View Post

Comment

My first girlfriend was Jennifer. I was 5, she was 3. I was told by my mom that I said Jennifer and I would move to Disneylanf and go there everyday.

Jennifer, if you're out there, I apologize for not following through.

Comment

Friends,

I might have been like 3 to 5. we lived in California in a trailer. I am 55, so this was a LONGGGGG time ago. My dad was in the air force.

Well some kids brought my dad this HUGE frog in a bucket. they were fishing and the frog got the hook in its jaw. My dad was good with tools, so he took the
              hook out of the frogs mouth with a pair of Needle nose pliers. amazing, my dad was a freaking Frog DOCTOR!!!!

It burned into my memory!!!! looking down into that bucket, and that frog filled the WHOLE bucket.. it was the biggest frog I have never seen.

Thats it. it has to be something really FREAKY to stand out.

Thank you for sharing.

PS, my dad is dead now. So if you have a problem with your frogs, you will have to go somewhere else. Thank you.

dr. darrell of Michigan.

Comment

But aren't you the frog doctor of Michigan now?

Comment

I remember many things from kindergarten time 3 years old.
                  Single situations even before that - but extremely blurry.

I think as more time you spend with your grandchildren as higher the likelihood they will remember.
                  My own kids don't remember the grandma who died when they were 4 and 5 years old, but they really did not see her often. And she also was not interested in doing things with them together.
                  (all other grandparents died many years later)

Hope you are not going to die soon .

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

Hope you are not going to die soon .

Your all in trouble when I fall off the perch, that's when the world stops .... and no more miracles get done on the local farmers machinery....

Comment

Weekend at Richo's would be a followup smash. Pure comedy pyrite.

Comment

I remember strolling around in a stroller and tumbling down flight a stairs and my aunt rushing to pick me up. When I was a little older and playing with a chicken and a rooster attacked me. My dad cooked him for dinner as revenge. My first crush was Candy from kindergarten. She was extremely mean and hated me, but then, I did push her in a mud puddle which I now know is not a good way to get a girl's attention. She never forgave me even until the day she moved away in third grade and I never saw her again.
                        Last edited by Dark-Matter; 12-13-2018, 10:22 PM.

Comment

(Maybe Candy is a mud wrestler now...?)

Comment

Originally posted by SpacemanBiff View Post
                            Weekend at Richo's would be a followup smash. Pure comedy pyrite.
                            i want in on some of that action

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
                              (Maybe Candy is a mud wrestler now...?)
                              thats food for thought

Comment

Working...
                              X