Christmas Traditions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Traditions

So I am busy preparing presents and sourcing a turkey, weighing up whether I want to make ice-cream plum pudding to go with my mum's regular plum pudding or is it all too much effort, but there are some not negotiables,,,, must have cherries in the carnival-ware bowl, nuts in their shells, got to have Christmas crack (Cracker Candy) and brandy custard so strong you're drunk on the fumes...

What are your family Christmas traditions?

I would easily bypass xmas if I could .... unfortunately I get confined to quarters (the house) for the duration 'entertaining' the kids and grandkids ... it's hard work ... would much prefer to be out in the garden pulling weeds or some other useful activity than watching overweight family members adding to their weight with all sorts of things they shouldn't be eating.

..... however I'll smile and make the best of it again this year
    Last edited by RRicho; 12-17-2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RRicho View Post
      I would easily bypass xmas if I could .... unfortunately I get confined to quarters (the house) for the duration 'entertaining' the kids and grandkids ... it'd hard work ... would much prefer to be out in the garden pulling weeds or some other useful activity than watching overweight family members adding to their weight with all sorts of things they shouldn't be eating.

..... however I'll smile and make the best of it again this year
      Oh Richo, would never have pegged you as a Grinch! If it all gets too much for you, there are plenty of weeds in my garden

Comment

Originally posted by Strewth View Post

Oh Richo, would never have pegged you as a Grinch! If it all gets too much for you, there are plenty of weeds in my garden

Oh, I'm not so bad, I put on a happy front on these occasions ... and even play some happy music on my Clarinet for them (but not sad xmas stuff) .... I'll pull the weeds boxing day after the cricket

... at least I provided a response because I'm happy to see you back here

Comment

Thanks RIcho, life gets busy some times and something has to go for a while, happy to be back

Comment

Oh, I'm not so bad, I put on a happy front on these occasions ... and even play some happy music on my Clarinet for them (but not sad xmas stuff) .... I'll pull the weeds boxing day after the cricket

it seems there really is a santa and rRicho and i must have been good boys

Comment

Originally posted by chardie View Post

it seems there really is a santa and rRicho and i must have been good boys

Behave yourself Chards and get the bonfire ready to roast the kangaroo ... or is it Emu this year.

Comment

Behave yourself Chards and get the bonfire ready to roast the kangaroo ... or is it Emu this year.
                three options this year ham, roast pork and turkey and the traditional pavlova

Comment

Seeing as it's only the two of you (Stewthy and Chadles) reading this thread I can disclose a closely guarded secret from my youthful days ... long time ago Chards/Strewthy.

We were camping in the bush Xmas eve so we decided we were going to have wild duck for Xmas dinner, however we were unable to knock over a couple of ducks so we downed a swan .... this was the nicest bird we have ever eaten ... of course we burnt all the feathers and bones to hide the evidence.... was never game to try it again ... and errr, it was in a national park (sshhhh)

Comment

I'm gonna tell on you!!!!................ "Hey Queenie, there's a guy down under who's been knockin off your birds!!!!!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Machlud View Post
                      I'm gonna tell on you!!!!................ "Hey Queenie, there's a guy down under who's been knockin off your birds!!!!!!!!"

Big mouth ... was supposed to be a secret .... the Queen doesn't need to know about this or she might decide to try one also.

Comment

Haha! Don't worry mate! You aren't on your own as far as that meat goes --- been there myself but like you, a long time ago! I expect Liz has too!

Comment

Big mouth ... was supposed to be a secret .... the Queen doesn't need to know about this or she might decide to try one also.
                          i'd be a bit scared after they exit britex they might come down here

Comment

You could be right!! This little rock is getting a bit full up now

Comment

... as long as they bring some of those white swans, I haven't tried one of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X