Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it cold where you live?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Air con?? Never had one. Enjoying a blizzard as I type. If I want air con, all I have to do is open a window

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Labolina View Post
      Air con?? Never had one. Enjoying a blizzard as I type. If I want air con, all I have to do is open a window
      now thats hardcore

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by chardie View Post

        now thats hardcore

        You know very well Katie's hard core .... remember the Viking outfit

        I wonder how she would cope with our 40c plus days .... windows shut on those days Katie

        Comment


        • #34
          its raining. Had some nice storms go overhead for like week now, lucky if we get ten drops of rain till now. the corns a bit of a failure bit i think i will harvest enough cobs for seed next year. theres a bloke who grows corn every year on the way to toowoomba his corn isn't much taller than mine so i don't feel too bad. hopefully this will green up the grass and get some length into it before winter. bought a drill bit and some hinges for a gate to the paddock at the side of the house so now that i have something to do of course it rains, the oldies are complaining about the distance they have to walk ungrateful ingrates

          Comment


          • #35
            Make sure you hang the gate properly Chards, like a real farm gate .... make sure it drags on the ground so you have to lift it to get it open like all farm gates

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by RRicho View Post


              You know very well Katie's hard core .... remember the Viking outfit

              I wonder how she would cope with our 40c plus days .... windows shut on those days Katie
              ​You don't have to wonder, Rog. Just google the news from Swedish summer 2018 and You'll see we had to call in airforce help from all over Europe to curb the worst of the forrest fires that raged here all summer. Had temperatures around 40'C for weeks on end, and no rain. But plenty of forests to burn as You well know....

              ​Had no aircon then either. I truly AM "hardcore" ! Question is, How would YOU guys survive our Winters with temperatures down towards MINUS 40'C eh?! :P

              Comment


              • #37
                thats easy labs, we just fly south for the winter

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by RRicho View Post
                  Make sure you hang the gate properly Chards, like a real farm gate .... make sure it drags on the ground so you have to lift it to get it open like all farm gates
                  your not telling me anything new, most of mine are already like that

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Labolina View Post

                    ​You don't have to wonder, Rog. Just google the news from Swedish summer 2018 and You'll see we had to call in airforce help from all over Europe to curb the worst of the forrest fires that raged here all summer. Had temperatures around 40'C for weeks on end, and no rain. But plenty of forests to burn as You well know....

                    ​Had no aircon then either. I truly AM "hardcore" ! Question is, How would YOU guys survive our Winters with temperatures down towards MINUS 40'C eh?! :P

                    Katie, I'm afraid I must decline your kind invitation to visit you .... 40c to minus 40c is not survivable, or maybe I'm getting soft as I age.
                    I can't imagine coping with such extremes in temperature, you are indeed a Viking

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by chardie View Post

                      your not telling me anything new, most of mine are already like that

                      Good lad, you have learnt well

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by RRicho View Post


                        Good lad, you have learnt well
                        its more like art than science

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Friends,

                          Right now its -4 cel. and the low this week will be -5 Cel. Yep.. Negative.

                          so its not like spring yet.

                          I am looking forward to moving south.

                          Thank you.

                          dr. Darrell of Michigan. The OTHER north Pole!!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I feel sorry for some of these people Chards, it's nice and warm where we are

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X