Is it cold where you live?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrDarrell
    started a topic Is it cold where you live?

Is it cold where you live?

Friends,

is it cold where you live, this time of year. I think this last week it got to -22 Cel

That set records. Like BAD ones.

How is everyone else holding up.

Have a nice day. Thank you.

dr. Darrell of Michigan.

• RRicho
    replied
    Originally posted by chardie View Post
    i think labs computer has frozen solid, opening the window might have been its undoing

Another log on the fire might help ...

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied
    i think labs computer has frozen solid, opening the window might have been its undoing

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied
    Originally posted by RRicho View Post
    I feel sorry for some of these people Chards, it's nice and warm where we are
    toasty even

Leave a comment:

• RRicho
    replied
    I feel sorry for some of these people Chards, it's nice and warm where we are

Leave a comment:

• DrDarrell
    replied
    Friends,

Right now its -4 cel. and the low this week will be -5 Cel. Yep.. Negative.

so its not like spring yet.

I am looking forward to moving south.

Thank you.

dr. Darrell of Michigan. The OTHER north Pole!!

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied

Good lad, you have learnt well
    its more like art than science

Leave a comment:

• RRicho
    replied

your not telling me anything new, most of mine are already like that

Good lad, you have learnt well

Leave a comment:

• RRicho
    replied
    Originally posted by Labolina View Post

​You don't have to wonder, Rog. Just google the news from Swedish summer 2018 and You'll see we had to call in airforce help from all over Europe to curb the worst of the forrest fires that raged here all summer. Had temperatures around 40'C for weeks on end, and no rain. But plenty of forests to burn as You well know....

​Had no aircon then either. I truly AM "hardcore" ! Question is, How would YOU guys survive our Winters with temperatures down towards MINUS 40'C eh?! :P

Katie, I'm afraid I must decline your kind invitation to visit you .... 40c to minus 40c is not survivable, or maybe I'm getting soft as I age.
    I can't imagine coping with such extremes in temperature, you are indeed a Viking

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied
    Make sure you hang the gate properly Chards, like a real farm gate .... make sure it drags on the ground so you have to lift it to get it open like all farm gates
    your not telling me anything new, most of mine are already like that

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied
    thats easy labs, we just fly south for the winter

Leave a comment:

• Labolina
    replied

You know very well Katie's hard core .... remember the Viking outfit

I wonder how she would cope with our 40c plus days .... windows shut on those days Katie
    ​You don't have to wonder, Rog. Just google the news from Swedish summer 2018 and You'll see we had to call in airforce help from all over Europe to curb the worst of the forrest fires that raged here all summer. Had temperatures around 40'C for weeks on end, and no rain. But plenty of forests to burn as You well know....

​Had no aircon then either. I truly AM "hardcore" ! Question is, How would YOU guys survive our Winters with temperatures down towards MINUS 40'C eh?! :P

Leave a comment:

• RRicho
    replied
    Make sure you hang the gate properly Chards, like a real farm gate .... make sure it drags on the ground so you have to lift it to get it open like all farm gates

Leave a comment:

• chardie
    replied
    its raining. Had some nice storms go overhead for like week now, lucky if we get ten drops of rain till now. the corns a bit of a failure bit i think i will harvest enough cobs for seed next year. theres a bloke who grows corn every year on the way to toowoomba his corn isn't much taller than mine so i don't feel too bad. hopefully this will green up the grass and get some length into it before winter. bought a drill bit and some hinges for a gate to the paddock at the side of the house so now that i have something to do of course it rains, the oldies are complaining about the distance they have to walk ungrateful ingrates

Leave a comment:

• RRicho
    replied

now thats hardcore

You know very well Katie's hard core .... remember the Viking outfit

I wonder how she would cope with our 40c plus days .... windows shut on those days Katie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X