Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you prefer, an American accent or a British one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you prefer, an American accent or a British one?

I personally like British accents. I know there are a bajillion of them, but I think they all sound cool. I don't know if our accents sound as good to people or not, so I am curious to see if anyone does.

If I ever meet anyone with this accent I'm going to force them to marry me... https://youtu.be/m0EwquC6wBU?t=1m3s

So I prefer that over American English, because it still has remnants of Old English / Frisian / Dutch in it & shows what's left of that bridge between languages... Other than that, all English accents are just as good to me. Some are fun to listen to, for sure! The only one I find repulsive is the American 'Redneck' accent (not Southern, there's a difference).

Many Europeans seem to be split between not caring, hating the American accent, or hating the British accent. Most Germans/Dutchies I talk to say British English is harder to understand than standard American English, but to each his own.

Comment

Ah ah the British accent of course !

Comment

While I ignore both Accents, I would say General English Accent, as well as the Sheffield accent.
        However, dialect wise, I love the East coast American accent, and those from Wisconsin, and other bordering states.

I see them as old fashioned however, and I enjoy hearing English people use profanity very much. You can hear them stress some letters when they curse.
        "someone farts,you're going to say Islam did.I do not understand why people talk about Islam a lot.I say hundred times; PERSONALITY.Christian,Muslim,Jewish,Atheist has nothing to do with.You're trying to pick a fight."

Comment

Well let me be the first to appreciate American accents!
          Although, apparently this is how people react...
          Who fits in the last category?
          Last edited by DartingSwallow; 04-09-2015, 05:04 AM.

Comment

American accents!! British accents annoy me a bit for some reason.

Comment

I prefer British accents. They sound warm and welcoming to me. Idk why but I more comfortable around British people then I am with Americans...

Comment

I prefer British accent, but both are cool!

Comment

British

Comment

I love the American accent

Comment

Me too i love americzn zccent but i can't do it

Comment

Originally posted by Gajiru View Post
                        I saw you are French-Canadian. I find that interesting because you guys have interesting accents to me

Comment

Originally posted by Gajiru View Post
                          I can safely say that your noisomeness is well-requited.

Comment

Australian one, so I'm wondering why there's no option for that.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqween View Post
                              Australian one, so I'm wondering why there's no option for that.

because it sounds like hick-british
                              Why is it called a tourist season if we're not supposed to hunt them?

Comment

Working...
                              X