X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bartus
    started a topic Tradition & culture of Denmark

Tradition & culture of Denmark

Hello I've joined a project about stundet exchange. I'll probably host a student from Denmark on May. Could somebody tell me something about Danish tradition, culture, teenagers' upbringing? What topic should I avoid in conversation and why? Thanks in advance

• Nintendoge
    replied
    Unless said teenager comes from a house of rightwing, conservative christians I don't really see any reason to step around any topic lightly.
    You can even talk shit about our queen and chances are your teenage exchange student won't bat an eye.
    Our culture is almost as bland as our food so it doesn't really shape anyone in any significant way beyond what you're most likely already familiar with.

Most teenagers start young with the drinking and in general young danes are known to be a tad more eccentric about partying than people from other nations.
    Danes can be colored any way you wish, so just try to treat him/her with some love and care and I'm sure it'll be an easy experience.

Leave a comment:

• Mariedk
    replied
    No we are NOT sensitive about our food

Leave a comment:

• lightman008
    replied
    really i so interesting to discover danish's traditions

Leave a comment:

• Mrblue70
    replied
    And we're not sensitive about our food ........ well ...... i'm not :-)

Leave a comment:

• Mrblue70
    replied
    And......... it's great :-)

Leave a comment:

• Lisa90274
    replied
    They are local delicacies.

Leave a comment:

• Yeongyangtang
    replied
    Originally posted by Lisa90274 View Post
    They may try to feed you licorice with salt and whipped cream without sugar

What is this?

Leave a comment:

• Lisa90274
    replied
    [QUOTE=Bartus;n2498417]Hello I've joined a project about stundet exchange. I'll probably host a student from Denmark on May. Could somebody tell me something about Danish tradition, culture, teenagers' upbringing? What topic should I avoid in conversation and why? Thanks in advance [/QUOTE
    They may try to feed you licorice with salt and whipped cream without sugar. Just smile and thank them they are very sensitive about their strange foods.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X