Name a Book that Inspired you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name a Book that Inspired you

What was one book that inspired you in any way in your life? It could be a children's book, 1,000 page book, novel, comic book, etc. Name your pick and why? Mine is "The Giving Tree" because it's based on unconditional and internal love and it showed me you don't have to do much to be loved and to love. <3

hello
    is called
    La ultima oportunidad
    Carlos Cuauhtemoc Sanchez

Comment

I can think of two books that had a large impact on me, the first was Kerouac's On The Road and the other was Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov. I read both of these books right when I started college and each one gave me a different perspective into individualism, ethics and the potential that life has.

Comment

mmmmmh one above the others should be...

Paul Auster - The book of illusions

Comment

The Mahabharata. I've read so many different versions by so many different authors and get something different each time.

Comment

Edhi : Mirror to the blind,the biography of Abdus Sattar Edhi by Tehmina Durrani.Edhi is famed for his selfless humanitarian work in Pakistan.

Comment

Pelevin "Chapaev and emptiness" .It`s more than book. After it i try to look deeper everywhere=DD

Comment

Wings of fire by APJ Abdul Kalam

Comment

i'm not into inspirational books that much more of light romance crime mystery thing...but um once i came upon catherine alliot's the real thing made me realize sometimes what you really want is not really what u need

Comment

The fault in our Stars by John green

Comment

Slaughterhouse Five, by Kurt Vonnegut.

Comment

1.) The Kiterunner & A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini
                        2.) City of Thieves by David Benioff

Comment

1) The Book Thief - because it showed me how the people can be cruel and yet, show the best in each person, how people are deep, how they suffer, how they love. It showed me that friends can save, memories are forever, nothing is fair, and people still are wonderful. That shows me that life matters, all of them.
                          2) I Am Malala - Education is power. That teached me to be brave, because if this girl [Malala] can still fight for what she believes (Education), even after she was shoted by the taliban in Pakistan, you don't have to be afraid of nothing. You can create and develop your opportunities and study, because you can really understand here that you go study, it makes you powerful, when you know things, when you have information, you can do anything, go anywhere. You are your opportunity, and you can help yourself and many other, because people are struggling there, anywhere in the world, to have the life they and you deserve.

Comment

Le mystère des Dieux - Bernard Werber

But that is a sage of five books and this one is the last. ^^

You got : 1st : Les Thanatonautes : That is about a man that wants to explore the death's continents.
                            2nd : L'empire des Anges : The sequel that is about the life of an angel
                            3rd : This is a kind of trilogy called "Cycle des dieux" and talks about gods student, that have to play a game named "Jeu d'Y" and they have to lead a people like gods.

What I liked is that those books are very pleasant to read and until the end you will want to know what is the next step... Just like the hero of the book.

Comment

It's definitely The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho..

Comment

Working...
                              X