The last book you read and would you recommend it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really liked the book "My sister lives on a mantelpiece"
    There are so many different social problems described in it, but being narrated as from a small boy, it is really touching and full of hope.

Comment

• The last book I read was "It ends with us" by Colleen Hover. It was amazing. So many emotions and I was hooked, I couldn't put it down till the very last page! Totally worth recommending.

Comment

• Leah Remini's Troublemaker about her experience as a Scientologist for 30 years and getting out of it. It's funny in many ways and I like she didn't mind portraying herself as such a shallow person while in the meantime she uncovers so many shocking stories and you learn how much it is possible to be manipulated by the rules to the point your own mind works against you. Great for a quick holiday read as it's light and easy to go through.

Comment

• Anunnaki Awakening by Ray Davis, definitely.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...naki-awakening
          Last edited by Josef70; 01-07-2018, 11:26 AM. Reason: Added link to Goodreads.

Comment

• The Caliph's House: A Year in Casablanca is a Moroccan folklore written by Tahir Shah. It's a funny story about the problems for those who just want to relax and tired of of social problems and introspection.

Comment

• Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre , nice romantic dram book

Comment

• night in Lisbon Erich Maria Remarque

Comment

• Dog's heart - Mikhail Afanasievich Bulgakov
                  Last edited by EgorABR; 01-11-2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss. Is an amazing book I really recommend, It's a light read, very cativating, and you can't stop reading 'cause it's really good, read that you won't regret.

Comment

• Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach. A really amazing book

Comment

• Last book I read is from my own country, which is called "Bumi Manusia" by my most favorite Indonesian author of lifetime, Pramoedya Ananta Toer. I dare to recommend this because I know his book is already translated to many languages. In english version, it's called "the earth of mankind." The book is about romance between man and woman in Indonesia at the collonial times. Not only romance, this book told us about political condition in Indonesia at collonial times. This book is great, because there's harmony between drama and narration about indonesian history. And it's based on true stories about a man who firstly change indonesia's media world.

Comment

• Girl on the train by Paula Hawkins - yes

Comment

• It's Always the Husband by Michele Martinez. Yes, if you're looking for a fun thriller. The writing seemed very stereotypical and too obvious in some parts, but it was a good time.

Comment

• Every Day by David Levithan. A mystery young-adult romance novel.

Comment

• mosquitoland by David arnold

Comment

Working...
                                X