No announcement yet.

The book that many people like but not you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 shades of gray... I don't see why so many people like it at all..

Comment

the catcher in the rye like the wizard of oz and alice in wonderland are books normally used for MK ultra, so I've heard, little butterflies

Comment

The Fault In Our Stars

Comment

Paulo Coelho " The Alchemist". As for me, the idea of following your dream and never giving in, which seemed to be one of the main in the book, wasn't bad. But it was repeated so many times that in the end, it lost its power and became some kind of an annoying slogan.

Comment

Originally posted by starbear View Post
            Okay, here goes: Harry Potter. It's boring and repetitive. Even the movies are boring, for all their flash and dash. I love J.K. Rowling, though. She kicks absolute ass on Twitter.

Actually, I'll amend that. It's superlatively boring to me. Obviously lots of people like it, so it's not boring to them. I'm not some asshole who presumes to dictate everyone's taste and implies that my taste is the only good taste.
            I'm majoring in literature and I remember the day one of my teachers did an analysis on the HP saga and indeed it's just a repetition, the characters never really evolve (except for Snape which is a bit of a forced "surprise"), you could take out many of the elements that seem important and still have the same outcome, it uses pretty much all of the elements of the" teenage best seller formula", many of us were devastated because we love HP hahaha I still love it though since it's a big part of my childhood and I still appreciate the magical world JK created.

As for books everyone seem to love and I don't, pretty much anything by Paulo Coelho and John Green.

Comment

100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez - I had heard a lot about this book so I tried to read it a few time but couldn't read more than a chapter. Found it too boring and over-hyped.
              Strangely I could read 50SoG and finished it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo1816 View Post
                100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez - I had heard a lot about this book so I tried to read it a few time but couldn't read more than a chapter. Found it too boring and over-hyped.
                Strangely I could read 50SoG and finished it too.
                Me too Jo, about 100 years of Solitude I read some chapters but I can't follow the story and its weird.

Comment

i didnt like hunger games

Comment

All of John Green cheesy teenager stories

Comment

LOTR.......

I absolutely love the movies but I tried to read the books and gave up...... don't like his art of writing.

Comment

The Fault in our stars by John Green, honestly many of his books are overrated :/

Comment

Twilight Saga, I like the movie tho. LOL. It's just not my genre I guess

Comment

So many YA books that it is ridiculous and sad. Shatter Me by Tehereh Mafi with it's endless supply of similies and metaphors, 'There are 400 cotton balls sitting on my windpipe' like, honey, they're really aren't. And they try to say that she is a strong character at the end, no...she is a Mary Sue pure and simple and all these poor children reading this just don't know. *cries* I feel strongly.

Comment

The Fault in our stars

Comment

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. Had to read it for a high school class. Who needs sleeping pills with this "classic"? Ugh!

Comment

Working...
                                X