How often do you buy books?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you buy books?

How often do you buy books? Since e-book is convenient and economical or even free, what makes you want to buy a paper book?

I sometimes buy lifestyle or art books, or nonfiction books i want own..

Comment

I don't buy new books very often, but I go to my local library's warehouse sales at least twice a year.

I just really like having paper books. There's no economical reason for having them and I'm not against e-books (I rent them frequently from the library and own several) but I enjoy paper books and shelves full of books.
      "listen: there's a hell
      of a good universe next door;let's go."

Comment

It differs according to how fast I read and how many books I order. Currently I read books mainly in English.
        So on an average, it could be once in two - three month.

Well, paper books have its charm, I like their covers and it is more natural to read printed texts. Sometimes I resent too small letters, because my eyes are more stressed at reading.

Comment

I think twice a month on average. I buy classical literature and art books. I prefer the paper version of the art albums for the obvious reason.

Comment

Quite often - twice, thrice a month, and I rarely buy only one book at time. But that's only because I have a fantastic bookstore selling book at a bargain price, and some homeless or very poor people sell old books at a lokal flea market - I don't buy at expensive stores. I find it easier to focus on reading while I'm holding a paper book, I also like lending and exchanging books with my friends - that's why I buy paper ones.

Comment

I buy a book at least once a month. Than I try to finish it without too much break. I prefer paper book usually because -book does not give the same joy. It feels like it's not real. That's very important reason for me.

Comment

My dream is having my own library and I buyat least one book per a week but mostly, I buy more. I collected most of the classics and modern classics but I do have a good collection (which contains more than 60 books) about mythology. And, I try to read at least one book every week. )

Comment

I never really do but recently that has changed. Buying them a little more often now.

Comment

I buy around 5-6 books a month. I'm trying to cut down a little because I have too many unread books now, even though I also read around 6-7 books a month.

Comment

I buy @ 10 or more ebooks a month. As far as actual paper books, a few a year. They are usually history or art books.

Comment

i never buy books

Comment

Around once every two months? A little worrying though, coz i've a whole backload of unread books awaiting me on my shelves. It's a problem, but really, it's blessing.

Comment

I think twice a month on average, I love fiction and classical literature. I prefer printed books even with digital reader

Comment

Originally posted by Liali2000 View Post
                              How often do you buy books? Since e-book is convenient and economical or even free, what makes you want to buy a paper book?
                              I buy at least two books a month, although it may take years before I read them. Usually fiction/classical stuff.

I buy more books when I'm doing reasearch to write my own novels. In that case I may buy four or five books and scan them to find all the info I need - history, places, culture of a specific country or town in a specific period. But I also use many epub/pdf documents (copies of old newspapers and other documents) in addition to paper book research.

I like buying a paper book when it's a nice big art book, or one from a collection of old books I'm looking to complete. I'd say the books I buy are half old/secondhand, half new.

Comment

Working...
                              X