ebooks or real paper books?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebooks or real paper books?

Hello! Now that we hav ebooks , have u stopped buying real paper books? Which one are u? Ebook or paper book lover?
    Since I met ebook , I live for this version, surely i love the paper book but its heavy to carry everywhere :b

Hi to all readers! Im new here hope we can b friends !

I still prefer the hardcopy version. I'd be frustrated to keep scrolling down while using the ebook.

Comment

The only thing i miss abt hardcopy is the smell, if its a new book, old one not so much haaa

Comment

I appreciate real paper books, especially when it goes about some plays or sonnets. But to be fair, now I tend to read e-books or listen to the audio books most of the time.

Comment

I have never listened to Audio book ...

Comment

Then you should definitely give it a try. It can be very interesting if the narrator is good enough.

Comment

I like both. I love to hold a real book in my hands and like the smell of it. And I love to visit bookshops. I could stay there for hours. ;o) But Ebooks are sooo practical! I carry everyday a whole libary with me - inside my mobile phone! Isn't that cool? And you don't need so much space anymore. But nothing beats a real book.
              But audiobooks, or audioplays are also great!
              Quit people have the loudest minds. - Stephen Hawking

Comment

I still prefer paper books, love to brows bookshops, but I read ebooks as well. They are more convinient in some cases. I hate audiobooks, though. Audiobooks just irritate me, even if the narrator is good.

Comment

Yes, I'm happy that in our world when technology is still develops, there are people which prefer paper books I love it too and I just don't like read books on screen.

Comment

I like paper books the touch of paper is great plus I can read it while eating or while on bed

Comment

To me, the only value a book has is its content. Once I've read it, it's just a block of paper that collects dust. That said, I do prefer non fiction books with a lot of graphs and maps to be in bound paper form. I have trouble making out maps on e readers. With novels it makes no difference at all how I read them.

Comment

It just has to be a real book. Or does it?

While the convenience of a tablet is glorious, there is something that it certainly lacks. And that is 'character'. While i will say that not all books 'deserve' my ownership as phsyical books, I do keep a large collection of 'real' ones. There's not much that can beat the scent and feel of a real book, the tactile pleasure of turning the page and that soft flutter/rustle of paper pages being turned. And then ther eis of course the 'risk' for bother options, a solar flare could wipe your digital books form existance and a literal flare of fire can do similar to a real book. But I tend to try and be picky of which books I have as physical copies and those which can be digital. My favourites being a must for the physical world.

Comment

Originally posted by ComposerOfWords View Post

While the convenience of a tablet is glorious
                          E-books should be read with an e-reader

Comment

I love paper books, but last months i have been reading ebooks and I completely love it. Its a different experience, because you cant smell the book but, its easily to have different books with you at the same time and read the one you prefer without the inconvenient of carrying many paper books.

Comment

It is easier to have a lot of books if they are online but I love carrying around a physical copy. Paper books also smell good :P

Comment

Working...
                              X