Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most beautiful library/bookstore you've ever been to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most beautiful library/bookstore you've ever been to?

I want to start a list of the most beautiful places for books in the world. To start, I think the most beautiful library I have ever seen is the library at the University of Seattle, or that at Trinity College.

Great subject. My local library here in Adelaide, is quite lovely, especially the Mortlock wing. http://media.indiatimes.in/media/con...1495698254.jpg

Comment

Most beautiful place for books in the world? Possibly the library of the Benedictine abbey of Admont in Striya ,Austria. Light and airy Baroque rooms which really seem full of the spirit of the Enlightenment .If you want light and airy in white modernist style the new library in Stuttgart is really good. For bookstores, the branch of Waterstones in PIccadily London is much nicer than a shop in a converted office building should be, always a relaxing place to spend half an hour away from the hustle of the city...
      P.S. O.P. when you say Trinity College do you mean the one in Dublin or somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by KernowMan View Post
        Most beautiful place for books in the world? Possibly the library of the Benedictine abbey of Admont in Striya ,Austria. Light and airy Baroque rooms which really seem full of the spirit of the Enlightenment .If you want light and airy in white modernist style the new library in Stuttgart is really good. For bookstores, the branch of Waterstones in PIccadily London is much nicer than a shop in a converted office building should be, always a relaxing place to spend half an hour away from the hustle of the city...
        P.S. O.P. when you say Trinity College do you mean the one in Dublin or somewhere else?
        I mean the one in Dublin haha. One of the most beautiful I have seen so far. And the Library you wrote about is absolutely gorgeous!

Comment

Thanks,I thought it must be Dublin... actually the Wren(as in Christopher) Library at Trinity College Cambridge is pretty good too.

Comment

The Biblioteca Vasconcelos in Mexico City is imo one of the most beautiful

Comment

Working...
            X