X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bannyghosh
    started a topic Which is your favourite bokk

Which is your favourite bokk

My favourite book is "The Jungle Book " . This is written by English author Rudyard Kipling in 1894.
    A major theme in the book is abandonment followed by fostering, as in the life of Mowgli, echoing Kipling's own childhood. The theme is echoed in the triumph of protagonists including Rikki-Tikki-Tavi and The White Seal over their enemies, as well as Mowgli's.

apologies for typo error of book
    Last edited by bannyghosh; 05-16-2018, 07:20 AM.

• Riojewel
    replied
    I really the The outsiders by S.E. Hinton

Leave a comment:

• sweet_pablo
    replied
    Pride and PrejudiceJane Austen

Leave a comment:

• dennizz
    replied
    Not one, so much.

Leave a comment:

• loneobserver42
    replied
    My favorite is probably Dune by Frank Herbert. It's a colossal effort of world-building, often compared to LOTR (which I need to read), but in a sci-fi setting. It weaves politics, philosophy, ecology, and religion together quite densely. You can learn much from it if you want to as well. I also particularly like Herbert's writing style, the way much can be conveyed without being directly stated. What I've read of the rest of the series is great as well

Leave a comment:

• reysk72
    replied
    My favourite book is probably We Were Liars by E. Lockhart and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak because they are both so well written and have such a beautiful and unexpected plot. Also, both managed to drown me in tears.

Leave a comment:

• Kaylin0304
    replied
    My favorite book is Diary of a wimpy kid. ( sounds crazy but I love it lol)

Leave a comment:

• Sanyok01
    replied
    My favorite book is "The Godfather"

Leave a comment:

• KidNastya
    replied
    the flowers of Algernon! such an impressive book

Leave a comment:

• Clepsydra96
    replied
    One of my favourite is The count of Monte Cristo of course by Dumas, a wonderful book!

Leave a comment:

• SomebodyInteresting
    replied
    Camilla Lackberg is great author and she wrotes the best crims I've ever seen. Her books are thrilling and the ends are suprising.
    Harry Potter is my love since I was a child. Now I can't miss any film on TV!
    Also while I was reading "Analyst" Johna Katzenberga.
    Well, every book is my favourite..

Leave a comment:

• GaboBricklayer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• m_ZicX
    replied
    "To kill a mockingbird" .. I honestly feel that it is a book which should be read, be it in school or in adult life (or both). It's a book with so many layers of meaning that you can get so much out of it.

Leave a comment:

• hombrestrenar
    replied
    Resurrection by Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy,
    Story of Civilizations by Will Durant
    Walden & Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau

Leave a comment:

• Atsuri
    replied
    Originally posted by DrummerGirl.14 View Post
    My favorite book is The Hobbit, written by J.R.R. Tolkien. The protagonist is a young hobbit Bilbo Baggins, who goes on an adventure with a wizard and 13 dwarves. It's a fantasy book which everyone should read at least once, I think. It's a real classic.
    +1 I love all Tolkien's books (The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and Silmarillon) but I guess that LOTR is my favourite

Leave a comment:

Working...
X