Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you judge books by entertainment quality or literary quality?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you judge books by entertainment quality or literary quality?

I would say by both. My favourite writers in terms of entertainment are Enid Blyton and Agatha Christie. But in terms of literary quality I would say probably say Tolstoy and Shakespeare. But they entertain me too

I rarely judge books, unless they spread false information, or have the correct information but is written poorly. Take for example the popular 50 Shades of Grey, it teaches toxic examples of the BDSM lifestyle and the grammar its self is fan-fiction at best.

Comment

I leave the Literary side of things to the Geeks and read purely for entertainment or for information.

Comment

I lack literary ability .Mostly i been reading for pure entertainment purposes till now . But now someday maybe i might change my mind

Comment

Always literary quality, because a good story can easily be ruined by a poor language. I have recently read a few books that's good, but they have been ruined by bad grammar, weird language or inconsistencies in the story!

Comment

I just read what interests me and do not real dull books even if they are considered to be valuable.

Comment

I read for entertainment but if it is poorly written then it is not entertaining. epic fantasy is my favorite genre. Sarah J maas, Patrick rothfuss, kristain Britain. and many more

Comment

If I look for entertainment, then I jugde for it, If I look for literary quality, then I judge for it. Because I read for those reasons. I read almost of every gender

Comment

Even if I read for entertainment, I can't read books that have low literary quality.

Comment

I like a well written book with a coherent story line and grammatical acuity. I don't think that quite counts as literary quality but overall I think a book has to be entertaining. For me, that might mean sucking me into someone's life if I'm reading a biography or passing the time enjoyably if I'm reading a novel. The story telling is the key IMO. If the story telling's good almost any topic can be entertaining.

Comment

Before 29 entertainment quality . Now maybe once in a while I will try literal quality.

Comment

I respect good literature quality books and novels, but still like the more entertaining plots in novels especially.

Comment

It changes sometimes i don't read a book due to its popularity

Comment

it depends on what the book is about, how long, and why the person made the book, what we can learn, how can it help us, if only entertainment does it have pictures? no?

I don't really like fiction or entertainment only since no picture or not any instructions etc

Comment

I love classics, I read every book with love. I especially like to read on the road, there is something romantic about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X