Dostoevsky reader <3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dostoevsky reader <3

Share with us what do you like/love about The Great Dostoevsky ?

I like his deep insight to his character's psychology. I also like his Christian theme of Christ's passion and redemption. Something that most attractive about Christianity, when many Christian are focusing more on "vengeance" and God's fury over sinners and yes, you're all sinners.

Comment

Strictly speaking, Dostoevsky is not a Russian writer.

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post
        Strictly speaking, Dostoevsky is not a Russian writer.
        Why do you think so?

Comment

Originally posted by PolinaEvstign View Post
          Why do you think so?
          I'm not challenging the genius. But found you anything like russian inside in that man?
          Last edited by dmitri11; 12-30-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Dostojevsky is definitely not an author one should read for fun. He is someone like Kafka:serious and depressive. Only rusofiles should pay any attention to his works, because normal people usually find them boring just like the rest Russian authors.

Comment

I was 13 when I read my first book by Dostoevsky, it was "Crime and punishment" and I fell in love with it. It actually was so strange for me that time to find a book so close to my inner world, to find my thoughts and feelings in the main character's mind. I've never read Dostoevsky in english, but I believe it should be read in russian to feel the atmosphere and characters of that time in Russia

Comment

He was an intellectual writer who has good knowledge and interpretation. There are many emotional situations for human psychology in his books. He's good at doing criticism and they usually are about justice of Russia in old times and Russian people. I love his books especially "Crime and Punishment" when I've read this book I found myself in life of Raskolnikov. I'm greatful to Dostoevsky.

Comment

In my opinion, Dostoevsky is one of the greatest writers of the world literature. His desription of everything in his novels makes you dive into the time when it happens and the scene. The feelngs are so real as the author could express them in the best way and each time when I read his books, I worry about people in it.
                  Last edited by FloraN25; 03-19-2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X