Book Recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Recommendations?

Hey guys! I have just finished re-reading the Harry Potter series and I'm looking for some recommendations for new books, in particular fantasy-fiction books! Thanks for any suggestions

I don’t even know what to read after Harry Potter, these books have their own fantastic atmosphere. I can advise “The time of wheel” by Robert Jordan. This is an excellent series on many volumes, you are provided with many cozy evenings. In fact, this is a more serious fantasy, but if you suddenly want something simpler, look at readanybook. There's quite an extensive selection and you can just read from the tablet.

Comment

i have weird inferiority complex, because i have never read Harry Potter

Comment

Originally posted by green3apple View Post
        i have weird inferiority complex, because i have never read Harry Potter
        i have also never read harry potter. i have all the books, and i was going to read them because i assumed they would be a very easy and quick read, but my sister said harry potter is not good, so i didnt read them

Comment

Try 'The Name of the Wind' by Patrick Rothfuss. It's one of the best fantasy-fiction books I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by _loki View Post

i have also never read harry potter. i have all the books, and i was going to read them because i assumed they would be a very easy and quick read, but my sister said harry potter is not good, so i didnt read them
            i don't even watch it's movies

Comment

Try Neil Gaiman's books. Fantastic.

Comment

Reading books is my hobby. I have already read many of them. for example norwegian forest by haruki murakami
                Last edited by nina2016; 02-18-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

There are a lot of good books. I really liked the Xanth's book series Written by Anthony Pierce, here https://booksrun.com/search/Xanth you can find a description of the books. To some, these books will seem childish, but very important adult questions are raised there. For example, the question of censorship, quantum theory, the path of the hero, the metaphysical concept of kindness, conflicts due to a misunderstanding between different creatures. I grew up with the heroes of this world and in every new book there are more adult questions. This is very interesting, just like in Harry Potter.
                  Last edited by Rastosss; 02-21-2019, 09:08 PM.

Comment

For some serious atmosphere? Brent Weeks' Night Angel trilogy and Vampire Hunter D by Hideyuki Kikuchi. After reading a cheerful and colorful fantasy like Harry Potter, I needed a bit of a change in scenery. So far, I have not been able to find a series as awesomely written as Rowlings books. She had evolved her characters so well throughout the storyline, created mystery and brought our childhood dreams to life with chocolate frogs and what-nots.

Comment

I can suggest books that are not written still but can be good to read About missing people truth

Comment

For a series similar to Harry Potter you could try The Iron Trial. Magic school and exams and whatnot. It was pretty entertaining.

Comment

Brandon Sanderson books, they are easy-read fantasy

Comment

In my opinion, "The Lord of Rings" is one of the best fantesy books. Try to read it. It has a special atmosphere of a magic fairy tale)

Comment

The Dresden Files. It's a great series about a wizard.

Comment

Working...
                              X