Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of the best career options in finance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some of the best career options in finance?

By best,I mean ones with scope in the future as well those which are paid well and offers career progression.
    Also, what do you have to do to land these jobs, do you have to study some kind of course or something?
    Is CISI(Chartered Institute Of Securities and Investment)a good option, I mean the courses provided by them
    Thanks in advance

Warm regards

playing the lottery I can recommend.
    Alternatively study something of real value and what is really interesting to you. Career will come with this.

Greetings
    stereotypical engineer looking down on career obsessed finance guys.

Comment

It depends on where you want to work.

Looking at financial services, I can think of a couple of fields.

IFRS 17 in countries with strong life insurance markets, actuarial science in countries with an upcoming life insurance market, non-life actuarial science.
      Artificial intelligence for fintech companies.

Finance is more than financial services. It also encompasses controlling or accounting. Your post gives me the impression you are confusing investment banking and asset management with finance.
      Last edited by Boliches; 08-07-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by myaccount668 View Post
        By best,I mean ones with scope in the future as well those which are paid well and offers career progression.
        Also, what do you have to do to land these jobs, do you have to study some kind of course or something?
        Is CISI(Chartered Institute Of Securities and Investment)a good option, I mean the courses provided by them
        Thanks in advance

Warm regards
        Obtain ACCA or CFA certification. You'll be happy. I'd do this myself but I suck at maths

Comment

Insurances are decent employers. I think banks are quite dire and way more unsafe employers.

If you like mathematical challenges, you could do dynamic financial analysis, if you want to keep yourself open, risk controlling might be nice. IFRS17 in your Linkedin profile will give you heaps of emails from recruiters etc.

I'm in group risk management.

Comment

What is the scope for Compliance and Risk?

Comment

Steal and run for the border. Such Soviet businessmen, the U.S. government called Democrats, the process was called democratization.
              Last edited by dmitri11; 08-12-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

hi,I have a simple research assignment and i want ask you something.Are the world's free trade markets able to improve the quality of education?

Comment

Working...
                X