No announcement yet.

Is Education a waste of time?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humans have made leaps and strides in techonology/philosophy/the arts and the sciences due to being able to store and pass along knowledge.

Comment

Being edecated is never a waste of time...the day we stop learning is the day we die..

Comment

As a whole, we need to be educated, at least briefly, on multiple topics. This serves different purposes:
        1. We can have educated conversations
        2. We can make reasonable decisions for our problems
        3. We will know enough so that if we wanted, we can pursue that subject and become further educated, and educate others.

Comment

Conventional education especially in my country doesn't keep-up with today's dynamics. Students need to be exposed to in addition to their normal class work , other sources of information of course consistent with their level of development. 'Official syllabus' textbooks that students stare at as their only information source just to pass some exam is a big problem where I am from.

Comment

no. It is not.

Comment

This topic went stealing something important ,
              its my time

Comment

Edgy m8...

Comment

I think education is a waste of time. It's brainwashed people by putting thoughts/ideas, dictate them how to act/behavior, forces them to decide what's right or wrong by man made up laws to control and rob money or enslave them, etc. I must I go on? It would a NEVER end series. Human should be able to FREELY express themselves without anyone direct or indirect influence their acting, expressing, thinking, etc.
                  Last edited by Jephadia; 11-24-2018, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jephadia View Post
                    I think education is a waste of time. It's brainwashed people by putting thoughts/ideas, dictate them how to act/behavior, forces them to decide what's right or wrong by man made up laws to control and rob money or enslave them, etc. I must I go on? It would a NEVER end series. Human should be able to FREELY express themselves without anyone direct or indirect influence their acting, expressing, thinking, etc.
                    The proposal might undermine equitable distribution and promote cronyism. Indeed, such ignorance paves the way for many ... but only feeds corporate greed, to allow ourselves to be discouraged, to give way to disillusionment.
                    Last edited by dmitri11; 11-29-2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jephadia View Post
                      Education does not define what's wrong or right, some very educated people can be serial killers for example. If education is a waste of time, then one won't be able to know what 'brainwashing' means. Laws have always existed so that anarchy and crime could be prevented, do you believe that doing absolute trash in life is 'freedom'? Being an armchair philosopher is not the sighn of being free, rather the sign of being unsuccessful in life which is a cause of lack of education. It is always easier to rule and influence uneducated people and only educated ones can actually freely express themselves and act freely and wisely. Education is one of the keys to personal success.

Comment

Education gives you the basics, what you do with it is up to you .... being negative doesn't help also.

Comment

Working...
                        X