No announcement yet.

Is Education a waste of time?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it is also depends on an attitude. 'Cause if you're strongly believe it is a waste, more likely it will be for you. Because you won't take it serious and won't work for it. But if you're highly motivated and you know the purposes for getting that kind of education you need - you will definately take advantages of education and won't feel it was (is) a waste.
    Last edited by O1enka; 02-27-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakinHadgehog
      Just for me, it all depends on a self-identity. Is the knowledge that I get matches to all of my expectations. I am an engineer by education, and I am a very creative person at the same time (found of music, animation, etc). So I start my self-education in animation. I don't have any problems in songwriting, but it was very hard to organize all of my thoughts for writing scripts and essays. Here's a guide to writing a reflective essay VIRUS Anyway, all of the knowledge, that I get in my university helped me in the creating process. So I think that there is no difference what kind of education will you choose, the main thing that it should satisfy you.
      Your click bait influence scam link contains a phishing virus

Comment

Of course education is a waste of time. Who need education. For example, me speak perfectly without education. Education overrated. Me hungry. Me go eat now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy-On-Ice
          For example, I've learnt English by watching films and playing videogames, sooo it's perfectly plausible to be able to learn something without a formal education (Depends on what kind of learner you are). And also school in general is more of a tool of social brainwashing rather than a harbringer of knowledge, so. It's a very valid, though perhaps lightly a subjective question wether a traditional education is a waste of time.

I've finished only high school and last several years I was mostly skipping through it all, just visiting from time to time, spending rest of it on walks and wanders. I can tell you that I in no way feel more limited in my knowledge and intellectual capacities than those who had high school, university and degree and so. However, I do think I might have had it more easier had I actual diplomas or some profession behind me, but then again, I know lots of people who are in their 30s and still learning, and then those who had the best university possible behind them and forced to work in MCDonalds (At least for a while) because those professions are stuck in a loop "To hire you we want references from your previous work in same field which you don't have because you never worked in this kind of work before hence we won't hire you". Me, I'm stuck with oddjobs right now here and there but because I'm aiming to be a storyteller it's a different story, pun intended. I think the best advice would be "Don't waste your time." If you feel like school does not teach you anything, quit it and do what you think will bring you more, try it, try that and this, be productive for yourself, but Do Not Waste Your Time. Don't just go from something because it's a waste of time, and then waste your time. Always do something about your time, in formal ways, in a new, creative ways, and you'll get somewhere. Sit on your mama's couch thinking it all gonna come by itself, and you'll Waste Your Time As Fuck (Trust me, I Know that ; ) ). Also, never quit something when you are already more than half way through to it. Like some people are like "Fuck university" on a last year, and that's definitely five years wasted. Finish it already and put that diploma behind your belt, it'll be useful at some point somehow, and in the meanwhile you'll decide what you really want, with having at least something from that wrong direction you took, but still with progress made rather than being back at point zero.

“Ideally, what should be said to every child, repeatedly, throughout his or her school life is something like this: 'You are in the process of being indoctrinated. We have not yet evolved a system of education that is not a system of indoctrination. We are sorry, but it is the best we can do. What you are being taught here is an amalgam of current prejudice and the choices of this particular culture. The slightest look at history will show how impermanent these must be. You are being taught by people who have been able to accommodate themselves to a regime of thought laid down by their predecessors. It is a self-perpetuating system. Those of you who are more robust and individual than others will be encouraged to leave and find ways of educating yourself — educating your own judgements. Those that stay must remember, always, and all the time, that they are being moulded and patterned to fit into the narrow and particular needs of this particular society.”

Doris Lessing, The Golden Notebook
          I feel you would be on a certain forum if you were a French speaker. It's beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy-On-Ice
            For example, I've learnt English by watching films and playing videogames, sooo it's perfectly plausible to be able to learn something without a formal education (Depends on what kind of learner you are). And also school in general is more of a tool of social brainwashing rather than a harbringer of knowledge, so. It's a very valid, though perhaps lightly a subjective question wether a traditional education is a waste of time.

I've finished only high school and last several years I was mostly skipping through it all, just visiting from time to time, spending rest of it on walks and wanders. I can tell you that I in no way feel more limited in my knowledge and intellectual capacities than those who had high school, university and degree and so. However, I do think I might have had it more easier had I actual diplomas or some profession behind me, but then again, I know lots of people who are in their 30s and still learning, and then those who had the best university possible behind them and forced to work in MCDonalds (At least for a while) because those professions are stuck in a loop "To hire you we want references from your previous work in same field which you don't have because you never worked in this kind of work before hence we won't hire you". Me, I'm stuck with oddjobs right now here and there but because I'm aiming to be a storyteller it's a different story, pun intended. I think the best advice would be "Don't waste your time." If you feel like school does not teach you anything, quit it and do what you think will bring you more, try it, try that and this, be productive for yourself, but Do Not Waste Your Time. Don't just go from something because it's a waste of time, and then waste your time. Always do something about your time, in formal ways, in a new, creative ways, and you'll get somewhere. Sit on your mama's couch thinking it all gonna come by itself, and you'll Waste Your Time As Fuck (Trust me, I Know that ; ) ). Also, never quit something when you are already more than half way through to it. Like some people are like "Fuck university" on a last year, and that's definitely five years wasted. Finish it already and put that diploma behind your belt, it'll be useful at some point somehow, and in the meanwhile you'll decide what you really want, with having at least something from that wrong direction you took, but still with progress made rather than being back at point zero.

“Ideally, what should be said to every child, repeatedly, throughout his or her school life is something like this: 'You are in the process of being indoctrinated. We have not yet evolved a system of education that is not a system of indoctrination. We are sorry, but it is the best we can do. What you are being taught here is an amalgam of current prejudice and the choices of this particular culture. The slightest look at history will show how impermanent these must be. You are being taught by people who have been able to accommodate themselves to a regime of thought laid down by their predecessors. It is a self-perpetuating system. Those of you who are more robust and individual than others will be encouraged to leave and find ways of educating yourself — educating your own judgements. Those that stay must remember, always, and all the time, that they are being moulded and patterned to fit into the narrow and particular needs of this particular society.”

Doris Lessing, The Golden Notebook
            haha, what a rant...Usually those who fail in getting proper education claim it is a waste of time and energy. You are stuck in odd jobs exactly because you have no proper education and cannot find a job that would be different because wherever you go, you're asked what education and experience you actually have. I'm not saying being educated means one's life is complete but it is always better to be educated than to be illiterate as education means not only being able to find better opportunities in life but also being able to protect yourself. Education also means better salary as for example an educated computer programmer can earn a decent sum even where I live while an armchair philosopher with no education, a dreamer with no proper skills will always end up cursing education and their dull life with odd jobs and low wages.

Comment

Originally posted by RadyM.Rady View Post
              If the education is a waste of time, and we can educate ourselves. so, how we can share or publish our work in any field like any researcher in academic research or other field ?
              Some thoughts....
              This so hard question.. But simple answer... It just passed away and get what u want to know about education..nothing called waste time.. Just enjoy with time between you and education

Comment

I do not agree with this opinion about education. In our time many young people have a dream to get high education and in the future find job in different companies. I have the same opinion. Sometimes studying can be hard, you will not have enough time for it. So in such cases you can use help with studying from friends or some writing services like Paperell and others in writing paper compositions.

Comment

I don’t agree with that opinion about education too, but in Russia, for example, the system of education is so bad!

Comment

Working...
                  X