Questions about language leraning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about language leraning

I need to learn another foreign language, but I'm not sure what to choose. So:
    1) which language is relatively fast to learn up to let's say B2 level
    2) I tried French but it's hard for me, too many irregular verbs, any language with more or less easy conjugations?
    3) any good apps for language learning that you can recommen? I know normal lessons are good but I don't have time at the moment, so for starters a YT and apps must do

sign language can be simple. let's watch
    Last edited by _loki; 05-11-2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

French is easy to learn, once you have passed the begining that can be, indeed, difficult, it get easier due to the similarities with English. Spanish is also easy thanks to its writing fitting almost perfectly like its pronunciation and its faculty to be "malleable" enough to be understood easily.

That being said, if you really want an easy language, why not trying to learn a language from the same family as Polish? And since you have a kind of fetiishism over Russians, why not Russian?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
        French is easy to learn, once you have passed the begining that can be, indeed, difficult, it get easier due to the similarities with English. Spanish is also easy thanks to its writing fitting almost perfectly like its pronunciation and its faculty to be "malleable" enough to be understood easily.

That being said, if you really want an easy language, why not trying to learn a language from the same family as Polish? And since you have a kind of fetiishism over Russians, why not Russian?
        Not Russian because it's not for pleasures

It's for improving my CV and the demand in labour market is for two languages, one of them being English + second western language. Also rare languages are in demand like Chinese, but it's too much effort.
        Law qualifications are cool, but I could get much better money if I had second foreign language at at least B2 level

French is hard for me. Omitting letters when you speak and many irregular verbs and conjugations

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
          I need to learn another foreign language, but I'm not sure what to choose. So:
          1) which language is relatively fast to learn up to let's say B2 level
          2) I tried French but it's hard for me, too many irregular verbs, any language with more or less easy conjugations?
          3) any good apps for language learning that you can recommen? I know normal lessons are good but I don't have time at the moment, so for starters a YT and apps must do
          How about Arabic or Hindi?
          I think it is both easier than Chinese, but also quite a lot people speak it.

I think learning another European language does not make so much sense apart from Spanish maybe.

Comment

Ah, so it's more about western languages mostly? Russian is pretty well seen on a CV here as it's not a language that is widely taught.

I maintain my suggestion that Spanish might be one of the best choices for you then, especially because of its orthography that is highly correlated to its pronunciation, which makes it intuitive to both read and write.
            Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 05-11-2019, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

How about Arabic or Hindi?
              I think it is both easier than Chinese, but also quite a lot people speak it.

I think learning another European language does not make so much sense apart from Spanish maybe.
              Easier than Chinese doesn't really say much, because Chinese is the hardest (or one of), but I will take a look, thx
              And what about German? Is it difficult to reach strong B2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
                Ah, so it's more about western languages mostly? Russian is pretty well seen on a CV here as it's not a language that is widely taught.

I maintain my suggestion that Spanish might be one of the best choices for you then, especially because of its orthography that is highly correlated to its pronunciation, which makes it intuitive to both read and write.
                Whole my parents generation here knows Russian, it was obligatory in their school years.
                Yes, Spanish sounds nice, I will take a look at some YT beginner lessons

Comment

Easier than Chinese doesn't really say much, because Chinese is the hardest (or one of), but I will take a look, thx
                  And what about German? Is it difficult to reach strong B2 ?
                  I think all languages are hard to reach to B2 level and will take you several years. Spanish is maybe easy until A1or A2.
                  German is close to English, but it is hellish irregular - I'm very sorry for this
                  German does not help much in business either I would say. Germans often speak English well. (Russians probably too)

If you want to have it easy learn Russian. It is nice and regular and close to Polish. I think it looks good on a CV.

Comment

I think all languages are hard to reach to B2 level and will take you several years. Spanish is maybe easy until A1or A2.
                    German is close to English, but it is hellish irregular - I'm very sorry for this
                    German does not help much in business either I would say. Germans often speak English well. (Russians probably too)

If you want to have it easy learn Russian. It is nice and regular and close to Polish. I think it looks good on a CV.
                    A1-A2 is not enough to be useful at work.
                    And in law it works a little bit different. When you know language, it's easy for you to get insight into the legal system of a foreign country and it's great asset for a law firm. For example one of our professors knows German well and he is co-author of a Polish-German legal dictionary.
                    And there are no Russian law firms in Poland. There are American, German and French, I'd have to make a research if Russian would be useful in any of them

Also for lawyers with English + French there are offers in EU, 5500 euro, great money but the problem is French
                    Last edited by jordan_rudess; 05-11-2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

A1-A2 is not enough to be useful at work.
                      And in law it works a little bit different. When you know language, it's easy for you to get insight into the legal system of a foreign country and it's great asset for a law firm. For example one of our professors knows German well and he is co-author of a Polish-German legal dictionary.
                      And there are no Russian law firms in Poland. There are American, German and French, I'd have to make a research if Russian would be useful in any of them

Also for lawyers with English + French there are offers in EU, 5500 euro, great money but the problem is French
                      I don't think that money alone can give enough motivation to learn a language
                      B2 is probably not enough to be co-author of a dictionary.

Aren't the laws of Germany available in English?

Comment

I don't think that money alone can give enough motivation to learn a language
                        B2 is probably not enough to be co-author of a dictionary.

Aren't the laws of Germany available in English?
                        It's extreme risky to check such translations into English. English is common law and German (or Polish) is civil law system, often there are no correct equivalents in English.
                        And my professor of course knows C2 German + legal terms. But I don't need to write dictionary, enough it is to be able to make a legal research in foreign law, e.g. comparison of Polish regulation and another country.
                        B2 is enough for that

Comment

thank you for this tips, i have trouble in learning english too,

hotmail login english

Comment

If French sounds difficult for you, why don't you consider the Spanish language instead? It seems a little bit easier to learn compared to French.

Comment

Working...
                            X