Siblings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siblings

How did you get along with your siblings growing up and how do you get along with them now? Are you the oldest, youngest or somewhere in the middle?

I am the youngest. Me and my older bro get along well, not the super close, confide-in-everything kinda close, but we have a good relationship.

Comment

I am the oldest one. I have 2 brothers, one is 3 years and the other is 13 years younger then me. My situation was like I grown up with one brother, I mean my chidhood I shared with him. We was very close to each other, we have lots of sweet playfull memory. Our favorite was the native americans topic, we played, read, and watched. I felt my best friend live in my house I am very lucky. The 13 years younger the connection is good too, but very different.
      Now we dont keep daily contact, we live in different city, but rare time when we meet we talk again good.

Comment

I am the oldest. I have a sister who is 2 years younger and a brother who is 5,5 years younger. I used to fight a lot with my sister. I found her annoying, stupid, childish, judgemental etc. And she found me stupid as well, too easy going, not serious enough etc. I think there was a lot of concurrence and jealousy from both sides, to be honest, maybe because we're both girls and about the same age? But now she lives abroad and that made her more mature, I think. Plus the fact that we don't see each other so often, so it is completely different from actually living in the same house. I do get along with her much better now.

I never fight with my brother. But he is more easy going than my sister and more calm. And more like me character wise, so there are less misinterpretations and such. And I still remember when he was born. He was always kind of the baby of the family whom is loved by everyone, so yeah, it is less likely to get into a fight with him.
        La tête en bas et les pieds en l'air ! Oh lÃ* lÃ* !

Comment

I'm 8 years younger than my sister. She used to act like a mum for me when parents were busy, she was good while I was the spoiled naughty one. Now we live close to each other and are close, we love travelling together. Of course, we are both humans and differences and arguments appear but all in all I am glad to have a sister like her, she says she is happy to have a sister like myself too, we're both happy.

I know that even if we're very different, she would be the first one to help me if I were in a difficult situation.

Comment

I am the youngest and me and my older brother have a 9 year age difference. We got along as kids but because of the age difference we weren't that close really. It all changed though, when I got older and we started to hangout more often. He's very important to me and we try to meet as often as possible, but we're both pretty busy nowadays so our meetings are rare and carefully planned.

Comment

We used to fight a lot as kids, she always used to hit my nose until it bled (she didn't have to use much strength), there was a lot of stealing of toys, etc...now we're the best of friends xD

Comment

I have one sister, 2 years younger. As kids, we argued quite much. Then when we grew up, I think it was when my sis was away for study, we started to phone very often, and got closer. With the time, we both realised how similar we are in many things. Nowadays we're quite close.
                Niin, łell, äkschly...

Comment

Originally posted by loony-moonchild View Post
                  I am the youngest. Me and my older bro get along well, not the super close, confide-in-everything kinda close, but we have a good relationship.

Was he nice to you when you were kids? My brother is younger and we get along well now. But when we were kids I bullied him and even today l feel bad about that. Then again he's had a good career as a navy officer. So maybe I should take some credit for "toughening him up".

Comment

Originally posted by Talise12 View Post
                    I am the oldest one. I have 2 brothers, one is 3 years and the other is 13 years younger then me. My situation was like I grown up with one brother, I mean my chidhood I shared with him. We was very close to each other, we have lots of sweet playfull memory. Our favorite was the native americans topic, we played, read, and watched. I felt my best friend live in my house I am very lucky. The 13 years younger the connection is good too, but very different.
                    Now we dont keep daily contact, we live in different city, but rare time when we meet we talk again good.

That's great you and your brother had such a close relationship. Maybe sometimes brothers and sisters have a more loving relationship and not so much competition as is the case with many siblings of the same gender.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJosh View Post
                      I am the oldest. I have a sister who is 2 years younger and a brother who is 5,5 years younger. I used to fight a lot with my sister. I found her annoying, stupid, childish, judgemental etc. And she found me stupid as well, too easy going, not serious enough etc. I think there was a lot of concurrence and jealousy from both sides, to be honest, maybe because we're both girls and about the same age? But now she lives abroad and that made her more mature, I think. Plus the fact that we don't see each other so often, so it is completely different from actually living in the same house. I do get along with her much better now.

I never fight with my brother. But he is more easy going than my sister and more calm. And more like me character wise, so there are less misinterpretations and such. And I still remember when he was born. He was always kind of the baby of the family whom is loved by everyone, so yeah, it is less likely to get into a fight with him.

When I was 25 and my brother was 20 we got an apartment together. But it ended up it being bad because the conflicts from our childhood resurfaced and caused alot of fighting. It's much better now that we live apart.
                      Last edited by ChrisShiva; 04-12-2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etsia View Post
                        I'm 8 years younger than my sister. She used to act like a mum for me when parents were busy, she was good while I was the spoiled naughty one. Now we live close to each other and are close, we love travelling together. Of course, we are both humans and differences and arguments appear but all in all I am glad to have a sister like her, she says she is happy to have a sister like myself too, we're both happy.

I know that even if we're very different, she would be the first one to help me if I were in a difficult situation.

Yes it's true that family members will always be there for each other in a way that no one else will even though we drive each other crazy sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirmei View Post
                          I am the youngest and me and my older brother have a 9 year age difference. We got along as kids but because of the age difference we weren't that close really. It all changed though, when I got older and we started to hangout more often. He's very important to me and we try to meet as often as possible, but we're both pretty busy nowadays so our meetings are rare and carefully planned.

My wife has a younger sister with about the same age difference and they are really close. Their parents died when the sister was still young and Sofia has been like a mom to her since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Faraniel View Post
                            We used to fight a lot as kids, she always used to hit my nose until it bled (she didn't have to use much strength), there was a lot of stealing of toys, etc...now we're the best of friends xD

My brother and I fought alot too. But it wasn't really fair because I was 5 years older. When I was 16 I broke my arm trying to hit him. So I guess I got what I deserved.

Comment

I have a twin sister and I'm the Light, she is the beggar and she knows it. In other words : We are somehow the opposites in many ways, even if I tend to have an influence of some of her taste and thoughts.
                              Since we are opposites, I think there is no need to say "I'm not very close to her", right ? I was more far during our childhood.

Else, about "fights", I'm the one who created/create the most of them, I always found it funny when she get angry/crazy and fall into the despair after beating me with no effect except making me laughing at her weakness. Another kind of trouble I made, except mocking her for all and nothing, is making her laughing while she is drinking something, especially her coffee at breakfast, seeing her spitting it on her pants is always funny to me, and a great victory.
                              Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 04-12-2017, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X