Trouble finding friends on this site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble finding friends on this site

I have trouble finding someone who continues a conversation. I've talked to a lot of people who don't answer back, and I'm not saying just "hi". I always try to read the profiles before sending a message. Does anyone have a suggestion? Is there something wrong with my profile?

Is there something wrong with my profile?
    No. Actually, you have a good profile, I suppose. It's short, friendly and informative, and it has photos. Maybe some are overloaded by people who wants to talk to English native speakers, or are afraid of scammers or stalkers too much, or actually searching for relationship, not friendship, etc, etc.

Comment

I have the same problem. It's almost like this site is dead, although there are always around 7000 people online.

Comment

Well, I'm more focusing on talking to some German native speakers, given I'm learning German. Anyway, I'll try relaxing a bit and keep waiting.

Comment

Maybe your profile is a tad too short, amigo. Being funny (or at least trying) seems to help. Ending messages with a question for the other person also helps, since they require less effort to come up with a message.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebasico View Post
            Maybe your profile is a tad too short, amigo. Being funny (or at least trying) seems to help. Ending messages with a question for the other person also helps, since they require less effort to come up with a message.
            ¡Gracias, amigo y también vecino! I'll edit my profile so it be less short - I'll try, and I'll also add some open questions.

Comment

I have the same problem. Everybody is searching for friends, but I have sent several mails to persons and most of them don't even answer. What is this? Fake profiles?

Comment

Some profiles are fake, some others say they want friends but they have no idea what they really want to, or they want something totally different from what you understand as "looking for friends". It's a global site, so I'd expect such misunderstandings to be of common occurrence.

Said that, your profile looks fairly standard and well proposed.

Comment

Indeed, some children were being forced to grow up very slow. Don't you think, guys, that it's time to grow up? And I expect to see your slow smile.
                  Last edited by dmitri11; 10-30-2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

ow ow ow very difficult to find a friend to be closer friend to exchange language or teach me their language

Comment

your profile is totally good, maybe you should join many forum, n post what you think, from that way I found many people. but, from many people who chat with me, I only found about 5 people that really serious n give much experience n information hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic_Molerat View Post
                        Is there something wrong with my profile?
                        No. Actually, you have a good profile, I suppose. It's short, friendly and informative, and it has photos. Maybe some are overloaded by people who wants to talk to English native speakers, or are afraid of scammers or stalkers too much, or actually searching for relationship, not friendship, etc, etc.
                        I'm totally agree with you

Comment

I also experienced the same thing, hard to find friends on this site.
                          may have to be more patient in order to get friends who really can be friends.

Comment

We all look to have the same problem. I sent many good messages (not just hi and not trying to flirt), and I don't have messages back.

The main problem is that too many guy are messaging dirty things, so girls only accept message from others girl.
                            Now I'm looking for a language exchange, or a long time chat but nobody wants.

We should be patient to find the right one. I'm registered for 5 years, people changed a lot on interpals. More scammers, more fake profiles, more scared girls!

We all have to report all those bad profiles to make interpals great again !

Comment

i am going to be brutally honest here so take everything with a grain of salt. a lot of people online are extremely judgmental and even if they don't tell you straight to your face, they will ignore you. that being said, a lot of people on this site do not speak a lick of English and are looking for help in that area. your profile even though it is complete and descriptive is too wordy and most people on here won't know what you are talking about. also about that, no one wants to read a whole bunch of whatever. try being more to the point in your about me and requests sections and you might see a difference.

it is also from my experience that people online will judge you by your appearance. not saying that you are a bad looking guy, but some girls might not reply to you b/c of your appearance. i do not post a selfie for a wide array of reasons and my conversations rarely last more than a couple of messages. it is what it is, people are shallow online and have a better chance of replying to your messages if they think you are attractive.

Comment

Working...
                              X