Making friends?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making friends?

It seems everyone says they want to make friends on this site yet hardly anyone is able to keep up a conversation, or worse, stops answering after a few messages...so I guess my point in writing this is anyone who is actually serious about making friends should message me so we can get to know one another

hello molly, i no what you mean , i have sent a hell of a lot of messages out and i either get nothing back or just one and then there just stop, i dont see why come on here if just gnna ignore people or just stop messaging

Comment

I think it has to depend on what both people want.

I get a tonne of messages, but I'm here for language learning. I intended to try and revive the forums with study groups on there to update regularly, and have friends who are either learners too, or native speakers.

Instead I get so many African based and Morrocco males asking me about my day, my life, if I'm single. It's depressing. Their english is good, they don't need me, and I say many times I'm wanting to study, but then it's 20 more messages about stupid small talk messages.

And my personality hates small talk. I like having missions and learning goals. I read more active language forums in between this, and learning sites. Then my mood sinks when I see messages here from men who didn't even bother reading my profile.

So I think you have to be very responsive on what the other person wants. Does their profile indicate wanting friendships, or are they seeking penpals in other languages? Personally, I think it's hilarious that this website is marketted as a language learning one, and there's so many people NOT learning languages!!! But it is what it is, and I may have to go blocking certain countries again.

So these are my thoughts on this.

Comment

Originally posted by molly0593 View Post
        It seems everyone says they want to make friends on this site yet hardly anyone is able to keep up a conversation, or worse, stops answering after a few messages...so I guess my point in writing this is anyone who is actually serious about making friends should message me so we can get to know one another

That's the way it is. A lot of interesting people have written to me, then they just stop without saying why...sometimes after months of correspondence. I'm OK with that and I don't take it personally. That is the ephemeral nature of virtual relationships: easy come, easy go.

Comment

Just wondering...What's the definition of friendship for most of those internet users in the first place? ''I want to make friends from all over the world'' I think this latter has become a hackneyed catchphrase per se. Some people think they are making a new friend just by having their friendship request accepted...F.B mentality! Friendship supposed to be much more meaningful than this, and making new friends is a long procedure, a reciprocal negotiation dance that requires social skills and a good sense of internal balance, Especially with people from culturally different backgrounds, personalities..etc , By then and having those challenges overcame already, I would still call it a Friendship-Based Social Network, Personally even after an extensive conversation; Friendship to me is as the English proverbial phrase states : (friend in need is a friend indeed) which is more likely to occur on the real world.
          Last edited by rayano; 03-09-2018, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

That's the way it is. A lot of interesting people have written to me, then they just stop without saying why...sometimes after months of correspondence. I'm OK with that and I don't take it personally. That is the ephemeral nature of virtual relationships: easy come, easy go.

a fantasy friendship on the internet is like phone sex ... in some cases, the perversion can lead to a mental problem.
            Last edited by dmitri11; 03-09-2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

You know that you have friends if you're for them when they need you, but they are never for you there if you need them.

Seriously, people with friend problems should try to play a team sport, not some egoistic and narcissistic sports like lifting or rowing in single seat boat.
              Why? Because other see you only as friend as far as you bring benefits for them. In a team sport like football or handball your value as team player increases with your skills, because everybody want to win. Nobody likes to lose.

Ergo: Friendship comes always with a price. It's not financially, because money in term of debt destroys every connection to other people. Neither is this attractive appearance then in this case other people, mostly narcissists use your butt as a decoration for their egos. Such people aren't able to cooperate with others as far as there is no need for them and only their needs are necessary.
              So what is this then? It's the ability to play the ball into one gate, in other terms it's cooperation. The ability to give somebody the ball for the sake of making a point for the team, instead of trying making the point for yourself even if you are in less optimal position. The most important point is, not to accuse others that they never give you the ball because you're to bad in their opinion, you need to improve yourself till others have enough trust into you that you don't screw up the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post

a fantasy friendship on the internet is like phone sex ... in some cases, the perversion can lead to a mental problem.
                Actually, you’re right. The same can be said for a fantasy enemy on the internet.

Comment

Actually, you’re right. The same can be said for a fantasy enemy on the internet.

The importance of independence, of being forced by circumstance to take care of yourself. But there's nothing in the rules that says about a pup$, so...

Comment

The importance of independence, of being forced by circumstance to take care of yourself. But there's nothing in the rules that says about a pup$, so...
                    Sorry...I don't understand.

Comment

I love making friends and enjoy them.

Comment

Sorry...I don't understand.

The point is, there comes a time when you must put pups aside and reassert your independence ... self-actualization, self-realization.

Comment

Try necromancy, works 1/10 times
                          Why is it called a tourist season if we're not supposed to hunt them?

Comment

The point is, there comes a time when you must put pups aside and reassert your independence ... self-actualization, self-realization.
                            pups? Pups as in puppies? Having a puppy is a good way to meet people...

Comment

pups? Pups as in puppies? Having a puppy is a good way to meet people...

Thank you for your advice. But I'm a catties lover. Having a catty is a smart way to meet people..

https://www.amalgama-lab.com/songs/r...ideration.html
                              Last edited by dmitri11; 03-13-2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X