Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having a hard time making friends here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having a hard time making friends here?

I've been on this site for around a year and I haven't made any real friends since then. Rest in pepperoni if you've been here longer and STILL haven't made any friends. What should I do? Should I try a different site? I've messaged people first on multiple occasions and sometimes i don't get a response at all, or a conversation runs dry. Tips? Tricks? If anyone has made friends here how did you do it?

Keep being you and keep doing what you are doing. Eventually you will find someone who you'll click with and form a wonderful friendship. It takes time, there are a lot of weirdos on this site, you have to weed them out and try and discover the gems hidden around the place.

Your age might be an issue, I'm unsure of how many younger users there are on this site. So the age range you seek would be limited.

Keep at it, you'll get there!

Comment

Hi, its my first day back to this site. If you want, Iets chat~

Comment

Hi, I am also struggling to make friends here.. And not pervets

Comment

Any other site that you can recommend

Comment

Cutting and pasting... "Hi, How R U?" to as many profiles as you can find is always successful... why not try that?

Comment

As someone who is likely the oldest active account on here, my advice for you is to just keep at it. IP lately has turned more into dating than friendship, which kinda sucks, but ayyy. Keep within your age range too. There's a lot of older people who will try to be pervy to you. If someone makes you feel really uncomfortable, don't be afraid to block them. Also, I've noticed that people will creep more on your page if you have a pic of yourself and have a somewhat completed profile. When I want to be left alone, I change my pic to something that isn't me, and people leave me alone. aahaha I hope you find some friends soon though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ndeyapo95 View Post
                Any other site that you can recommend

look into things you like. I use twitter and tumblr a lot since I'm more into the fandom sort of things both sites are heavy with. If you like wrestling, for example, look into reddit subreddits or sites like wooo. If you like cars, look into different forums. Something that usually helps get friends easily is you having stuff in common with them. If Interpals isn't working, look into your interests and go from there.

Comment

Me too, i wish i have an anonymous friend. A friend that doesnt know my real identity so i can talk freely about anything or any problem. If you want to try, lets chat!

Comment

am struggling to to find friends

Comment

The same problem for me..each time communication with time stops or goes beyond friendly chatter(

Comment

I also have the same problem, i can't keep the conversation goes well. Because i'm lack of experience maybe

Comment

I've talked at length by message to just one person here, and in retrospect it's odd that came up with even one.

I guess that a lot of people are really on here related to dating prospects, or maybe that's not it.

Comment

Originally posted by color-bars View Post
                            I've been on this site for around a year and I haven't made any real friends since then. Rest in pepperoni if you've been here longer and STILL haven't made any friends. What should I do? Should I try a different site? I've messaged people first on multiple occasions and sometimes i don't get a response at all, or a conversation runs dry. Tips? Tricks? If anyone has made friends here how did you do it?

Most people are very inactive in this website. You have to remember that there are more and better social media websites where you can meet people. Also, I saw that you have 14 years old, I haven't see many people with that age.

Comment

I have had conversations with people here, but they never become a friendship. I think it's normal, some people just are not interested in the same things as you. I've made a list in my profile of topics we can talk about, so everybody who comes there sees the list, and if they don't find something they are also interested in, then they just don't message me, and that's ok.

Fact is that you're not supposed to easily make friends here, or in any other site or forum. You should rely on real-world friends.

But if you want to talk, send me a message

Comment

Working...
                              X