Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want to meet your brothers and sisters who you have never met?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want to meet your brothers and sisters who you have never met?

I found that I have two brothers who I have never met. My father left my house thirty years ago and has lived in foreign country. I found his SNS recently and he has two sons.
    If you were me, do you want to meet them?

i have no idea.
    but your father just gave me inspiration.

Comment

I wouldn't like to meet such so called brothers and sisters, they would be just like strangers in my opinion. I personally love my sister I grew up with and who has always been beside me in good and hard times, if I found out about some biological half sisters or brothers I've never been in touch with I would not bother to meet them.

Comment

Originally posted by Etsia View Post
        I wouldn't like to meet such so called brothers and sisters, they would be just like strangers in my opinion. I personally love my sister I grew up with and who has always been beside me in good and hard times, if I found out about some biological half sisters or brothers I've never been in touch with I would not bother to meet them.
        I don't know if I would love really a brother or sister, they would be just unnecessary competition in my opinion.
        However you're right, additional competition in shape of some strangers would be even worse.

The more vultures are circling above an animal at the end of its way, the more trouble and less meat remains for the 'dinner'.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post

I don't know if I would love really a brother or sister, they would be just unnecessary competition in my opinion.
          However you're right, additional competition in shape of some strangers would be even worse.

The more vultures are circling above an animal at the end of its way, the more trouble and less meat remains for the 'dinner'.
          I'm really blessed with my sister - she is the best person for me but have to admit such things happen not too often - I see how some friends of mine communicate with their sisters or brothers and have to admit there is much truth in what you're saying...I'm extremely happy my sister and I have always got on extremely well, we're best friends, maybe it is so because she is older than me and when parents were very busy she used to take care of me like mum and she keeps taking care of me even now, I also help her the way I can, for example she hates cooking yet I like it and we live nearby so I often bring her my home made food she loves. Yet when I see the way my mother's sister is....I would prefer not to have such a sister - my mother nearly died in hospital after the trauma and guess what - her sister flew to Turkey for rest telling us all she might not be able to return to the forthcoming funeral...That's a shitty sister. Mother got well, now she walks and is even healthier than she was and communicates with her sister but my sister and me say she has a shitty sister but should not be sad as she has good daughters who take care of her...

Correct, those so called sisters or brothers one has never even seen usually appear when there is something to share as life has shown...I see no point in meeting strangers even if they might have same biological parent.

Comment

To me, the question would be more : Is family important to you and how this would affect the links you already have? or do you really want to know for what your father abandonned you and your mother?

I guess you are not in the same perspective as some of us becuase you found out that you have siblings, so you might have looked for that, right? Thus the answer might be different than for someoen who don't care at all.

Comment

It’s not something that would interest me. Good friends are more important than unknown relatives...but I understand that some people would be interested in getting to know siblings they’ve never met.

Comment

Thank you very much for giving me your opinion. To tell the truth, I don't want to meet them at all. I'm relieved that you have the same opinion with me.
                The reason why I posted the question here is that I watched the guy who was in the same boat on TV. He happened to find his brother who he had never met in SNS, met in person and got along well. He desired to meet but I don't. I wondered if I might be insensitive. Anyway, I would never meet these brothers in the foreign country and will gradually forget them.

Comment

I wouldn't dismiss the idea of meeting my estranged siblings. Even though they are complete strangers at first, you can always make a good relationship with each other if you both give a chance to it, especially when you are already self-sufficient and mature adults.

It is also usualy neither of you faults that you were divided and deprived of possibility to grow up together.

Comment

I don't think it's good to meet them. I have the same situation. I met my sister after 20 years. It was a secret meeting. I didn't tell my dad about it. So she started to make problems and asked for money. I regret about it. She also wrote me daily in social networks.

Comment

Working...
                    X