No announcement yet.

What is the right decision.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't play that hard, "mommy" would see that as deprivation of control when our daughter would spend too much time in my house.
    By the way they aren't asocial, they work both but her man is slightly over 30 and she is still in late twenties, hence there will be never enough money for all needs.

Comment

Originally posted by 7_up View Post
      Damn Adam your child is already 8?? Well an alienware or gaming PC as you call is quite expensive and can get you a Jeep here lol. Get her an entry level gaming pc like a Dell 5000 series. It's more affordable and can push heavy games.
      Not everything is so bad as it appears on the beginning of being a young daddy.

Comment

Kids are obsessed with Games nowadays. When there are two kids but only one PC to rape the madness starts quickly. They can barely walk and speak but are able to install dozens of dubious f2P game clients and webrowser plugins on a PC.

I think fighting against gaming is futile anyway, it's like with the forbidden fruits. Hence I think installing steam with few good games on such PC, while having the control over the account is the best option. You can't prevent that the kids install some f2P shooter or whatever, but without money and bank account are such games not really fun to play over longer time.

1700EUR for PC with fast Display isn't that much nowadays, when you look on the GPU hardware prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

Our boys also got their first gaming PC's at the age of 8.
          So I would definitely recommend to buy her one in case you and her mother are able to keep an eye what and how long she plays. Have a talk among adults about this topic.
          We have given our kids almost no time-restrictions, but we have our PC's until today still in the same room with our children (with 4 gaming PC's you don't need heating in winter :-P)....and we see and hear what they do and (think to) know how to avoid addiction. Many parents find much stricter rules. I think there is no general right or wrong.

But avoid any financial humiliation of her mother. Showing off with your money is hilarious.
          Haha... Mommy still gets alimony and not too less, literally 2/3 of basic income here. She gets 500 PLN for the second kid + their both wages. So i think their financial situation isn't that bad compered to many others.
          You have boys, girls aren't that easy going. The older the more expensive. Every dad of girls can confirm that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91x View Post

I won't play that hard, "mommy" would see that as deprivation of control when our daughter would spend too much time in my house.
            By the way they aren't asocial, they work both but her man is slightly over 30 and she is still in late twenties, hence there will be never enough money for all needs.
            OK. I guess you're a nice guy. Buy your daughter what she wants if that's what makes you happy. You can tell her, "I've been rich and I've been poor and rich is better. That's why I can give you these nice things that your mother can't afford because she and her boyfriend don't earn enough money."

Be honest with your children.

Comment

Originally posted by Narenayu View Post

Why do you compare between the 8 yo girl in our profet era and 8y.o girl now?Have you ever seen how look like of 8y.o girl in our profet era?
              How about they look like different with 8y.o girl now?...for me it is the God secret why people did something and God have the reasons..and no judge if we dont really know the real...

Mr shaun..you are better making a time machine to prove all of your opinions and give me a proven that 8 y.o aisyah is same with 8 y.o girl in this era..
              Everything is changing and human have limitation of knowing it...when you still not able to give me a prove about it..dont embarass yourself about my profet
              Have you got an 8 yo daughter to give to a dirty old man when he wants her for sex? When you have see how you feel about your "profet" then

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

OK. I guess you're a nice guy. Buy your daughter what she wants if that's what makes you happy. You can tell her, "I've been rich and I've been poor and rich is better. That's why I can give you these nice things that your mother can't afford because she and her boyfriend don't earn enough money."

Be honest with your children.

Roger, thou with thine "get rich or die tryin' " mania. Buy yourself a new Cessna or W12 Austin Martin like a new-rich fag, when that brings joy to your life. I prefer the way of preserve and to multiplicate

I'm interested in well being of my kids not interested in allusions to their mothers, it's "snow from yesterday that already melted". Using own kid as "negotiation card" is something that I despise. I assure you girls with increasing of demands find always a way into the wallet of their daddies, no matter how thick it might be.

Comment

Roger, thou with thine "get rich or die tryin' " mania. Buy yourself a new Cessna or W12 Austin Martin like a new-rich fag, when that brings joy to your life. I prefer the way of preserve and to multiplicate

I'm interested in well being of my kids not interested in allusions to their mothers, it's "snow from yesterday that already melted". Using own kid as "negotiation card" is something that I despise. I assure you girls with increasing of demands find always a way into the wallet of their daddies, no matter how thick it might be.
                  You don't need to get your daughter the latest and greatest computer. You know your way around computer hardware - build your own for her. It becomes "the computer that daddy built himself" - a genuine reason for endearing yourself to you daughter rather than a moronic show of splashing cash. Make sure you load up the mobo with a good high-end graphics card. 8GB Raedon cards for example are only about 200 Euro now and that is really the heart of any gamer computer. DDR4 RAM is dropping very rapidly in price - you can do everything now for under 1000 Euro and potentially have a very upgradable system and relatively high-end gamer if you choose your components right.

Instead of buying a new games console every 2 years, you just upgrade and make the thing faster and faster. You also get the personal connection between yourself and your daughter doing the upgrade - and probably a much faster gaming machine than an overpriced one off the shelf which is not upgradable and will have her clamouring for a new one in 2 years time. Later on, you might even get your daughter to help you fit the new upgrade components, for example.

Also, don't just play computer games on it - even set the thing up to teach her programming and so on. Also, you might get her to put some perhaps token amount of pocket money towards any upgrade in future.

In this way, she gets a message that "it is not so easy to burrow into a wallet to fulfil a transient desire", that things should be maintained rather than simply throw when they get a bit older and that there is a satisfaction in doing things yourself rather than just buying consumer crap off a shelf to immediately satisfy a desire.

With a bit of luck, it might well contribute to her not having a moronic nouveau-riche mentality when/if she finds herself in some money in future.

Comment

Kids are obsessed with Games nowadays. When there are two kids but only one PC to rape the madness starts quickly. They can barely walk and speak but are able to install dozens of dubious f2P game clients and webrowser plugins on a PC.
                    I think fighting against gaming is futile anyway, it's like with the forbidden fruits. Hence I think installing steam with few good games on such PC, while having the control over the account is the best option. You can't prevent that the kids install some f2P shooter or whatever, but without money and bank account are such games not really fun to play over longer time.
                    1700EUR for PC with fast Display isn't that much nowadays, when you look on the GPU hardware prices.
                    Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 02-11-2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

You don't need to get your daughter the latest and greatest computer. You know your way around computer hardware - build your own for her. It becomes "the computer that daddy built himself" - a genuine reason for endearing yourself to you daughter rather than a moronic show of splashing cash. Make sure you load up the mobo with a good high-end graphics card. 8GB Raedon cards for example are only about 200 Euro now and that is really the heart of any gamer computer. DDR4 RAM is dropping very rapidly in price - you can do everything now for under 1000 Euro and potentially have a very upgradable system and relatively high-end gamer if you choose your components right.

Instead of buying a new games console every 2 years, you just upgrade and make the thing faster and faster. You also get the personal connection between yourself and your daughter doing the upgrade - and probably a much faster gaming machine than an overpriced one off the shelf which is not upgradable and will have her clamouring for a new one in 2 years time. Later on, you might even get your daughter to help you fit the new upgrade components, for example.

Also, don't just play computer games on it - even set the thing up to teach her programming and so on. Also, you might get her to put some perhaps token amount of pocket money towards any upgrade in future.

In this way, she gets a message that "it is not so easy to burrow into a wallet to fulfil a transient desire", that things should be maintained rather than simply throw when they get a bit older and that there is a satisfaction in doing things yourself rather than just buying consumer crap off a shelf to immediately satisfy a desire.

With a bit of luck, it might well contribute to her not having a moronic nouveau-riche mentality when/if she finds herself in some money in future.
                      I want to add a new 1TB M.2 format SSD, a display with this new G-Sync mode, proper case not one of those 20 USD ones like in pre-built system, custom CPU cooler and not one of the super cheap PSU that are loud like vacuum cleaners.
                      1000USD is too few for such custom system when you add a razor mouse and keyboard.
                      EU hardware prices are mostly calculated 1 EUR = 1 USD, hence is hardware slightly more expensive here.
                      A guy who works in hardware store said me it's not a good idea to buy one of those bitcoin mining boom GPUs (Gtx 1060, Gtx 1070, ATI's rx580...) because there are lot on the market from mining farms with false new product seals. They have run over months on 100% power in cooled and dust free racks, hence they look like new but are short before the end.
                      So I considered to take one of those upcoming NV Gtx-1660 TI cards that should come in two weeks.

I'm certainly not a person who throws money out of the window because somebody wants to have something. However a PC is something that a kid should have nowadays. Buying her a laptop with GPU that is integrated in CPU that my ex did a year ago was a such tossing money of the window action.
                      Aside of gaming is there the desire of kids for having the most expensive and newest Smartphone nowadays, this so as addition. Later come clothes, makeup, with 18 an obligatory car and study expenses. Kids are money grave, hence is acting "you get what you want, because I love you" certainly the wrong tactic.

Comment

1: No...I can't afford a new Cessna as the cheapest one is just over $400,000US. The legal, insurance & maintenance costs are just too high for me now...and I fly with friends who own airplanes.

2. It's Aston Martin, not Austin Martin. Aston Martin never made a W12 engine. They have V12s and V8s. VW and its subsidiary Bentley made/make W12s.

3. If you're born poor, you'll likely die poor. Born middle class/die middle class. Born rich/die rich. Very few people are able to make the transition to a higher socio-economic bracket. It's easier to go down...! All this to say that I would not say "Get rich or die trying" because people who desperately want to get rich usually go nowhere.

4. You sound like a good father.

Comment

1: No...I can't afford a new Cessna as the cheapest one is just over $400,000US. The legal, insurance & maintenance costs are just too high for me now...and I fly with friends who own airplanes.
                          Well........

2. It's Aston Martin, not Austin Martin. Aston Martin never made a W12 engine. They have V12s and V8s. VW and its subsidiary Bentley made/make W12s.
                          Smartass or Grammar Nazi?

3. If you're born poor, you'll likely die poor. Born middle class/die middle class. Born rich/die rich. Very few people are able to make the transition to a higher socio-economic bracket. It's easier to go down...! All this to say that I would not say "Get rich or die trying" because people who desperately want to get rich usually go nowhere.
                          That's true, your first million comes as inheritance or you have to steal it.

4. You sound like a good father.
                          Nope. A good father would take the burden of living with a bitch, I didn't and have chosen another one.

Comment

Nope. A good father would take the burden of living with a bitch, I didn't and have chosen another one.
                            a good father finds a game for gaming together with his children.
                            So whatever the machine will be, you will be the greatest if you play with her together

my boys complain very much that I (almost) stopped gaming. (The little one still tries to force me to restart it )

Comment

I want to add a new 1TB M.2 format SSD, a display with this new G-Sync mode, proper case not one of those 20 USD ones like in pre-built system, custom CPU cooler and not one of the super cheap PSU that are loud like vacuum cleaners.
                              Agree, good PSU is vital. You don't need a 1TB SSD.. If your daughter fills a 500GB SSD within 2 years when prices would have halved or even better, then I'd be very surprised.

The custom CPU cooler might be overkill unless you have plans to overclock the hell out of the thing. Remember, it's an 8-year-old daughter, not a late-teen trying to make it big on the international gamer circuit

1000USD is too few for such custom system when you add a razor mouse and keyboard.
                              Does the system have to have such a high end mouse and kbd?

EU hardware prices are mostly calculated 1 EUR = 1 USD, hence is hardware slightly more expensive here.
                              A guy who works in hardware store said me it's not a good idea to buy one of those bitcoin mining boom GPUs (Gtx 1060, Gtx 1070, ATI's rx580...) because there are lot on the market from mining farms with false new product seals. They have run over months on 100% power in cooled and dust free racks, hence they look like new but are short before the end.

So I considered to take one of those upcoming NV Gtx-1660 TI cards that should come in two weeks.
                              Sure you are not building this game machine for yourself also?

Apparently, these GTX-1660 TI cards are going to retail for about $350 or $400...

I'm certainly not a person who throws money out of the window because somebody wants to have something. However a PC is something that a kid should have nowadays.
                              Totally agree here.

Buying her a laptop with GPU that is integrated in CPU that my ex did a year ago was a such tossing money of the window action.
                              A higher-end gamer laptop which is not a piece of crap would be past the 2000 Euro mark and would probably destroy your daughter's back carrying it. Better to have a tower case which isn't going anywhere and which keeps the child in a position where her use is easily monitored.

Most laptops nowadays in any case are crap - either hardware wise or with RAM, SSDs and so on soldered on to make it extremely difficult to upgrade. Even macbooks are crap for the price.

Aside of gaming is there the desire of kids for having the most expensive and newest Smartphone nowadays, this so as addition. Later come clothes, makeup, with 18 an obligatory car and study expenses. Kids are money grave, hence is acting "you get what you want, because I love you" certainly the wrong tactic.
                              What you do with this computer might influence what goes on later on and how far she can ask for all this - I wouldn't spec the comp too high precisely for additional costs.

Comment

Smartass or Grammar Nazi?
                                Nah...I'm no Grammar Nazi or smartass. You've stated before that one of the reasons you are on Interpals is to improve your English. "Austin Martin" sounds like a guy's name because Austin is a boy's name and Martin is a family name...like Pawel Polski would be a guy's name. The ''Aston'' in Aston Martin used to be a race in the U.K. (I think) and Martin is the founder's family name.

That's true, your first million comes as inheritance or you have to steal it.
                                It's always better to be born rich than to be born poor.

Well...I'm not sure anymore. It certainly would be the ideal situation for your daughter if you and her mother were happy together but conjugal happiness no longer is the primary goal of modern couples. Given the circumstances, you seem to be a good father.

Comment

Working...
                                X