What is the right decision.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hades91
    started a topic What is the right decision.

What is the right decision.

My oldest one is 8. She revealed her wish that her daddy buys her a Gaming PC because her laptop is too slow for Fortnite.
    Of course I got a list with desired components that the PC should have inside. After I calculated that all it came out a PC over 7k PLN, much more powerful than my 3D workstation. lol
    It's good for me to play the wealthy daddy while her mother and her man are poor-fags that aren't able to buy their own flat.
    I watched what exactly Fortnight is and personally I find it a little bit too violent for 8 years old kid. On the other hand my daughter showed me that she plays such games already but with lower demand for a Hardware. (Some of those games are worse than fortnite) My influence on her mother and the kind of education of her kids where one is with me very limited. It's very likely too much criticism would lead here to escalation and worsening of very good "business" relationship with her mother.

What should I do?
    1) Buying the PC with a smirk "look how good is your daddy to you"
    2) Buying the PC and giving her mother some child education tips with the remark that she should care better what her kid do. Of course it would be hypocritical together with buying of such a PC.
    3) Not buying and showing my daughter that I'm a skimpy asshole who just finds a weird ideology "so young children shouldn't play such games". She will do it anyway but in lower quality.

Of course I prefer nr.1 option because it's the easiest one for me. But maybe someone has a better idea.

• aussieinbg
    replied
    Originally posted by Narenayu View Post
    @shaun
    I only want to enlight my knowledge by reading your opinions
    As a moslem, we have the way, the law, the truth and ma'rifah in islamic teaching..we cant leave one of them but I WILL NOT DESCRIBE IT..I AM HERE NOT TO CONVERT PEOPLE.
    Even if you are not here directly to convert people, as a believing Muslim you are required to put on "a good face" for Islam. Muhammad as a peadophile is not a good look at all for Islam.

You stated :
    1. "Mountain and montains of archaelogical and genetic evidence that shows that human beings HAVE CHANGED LITTLE OVER the last few thousands years"
    2. "I ve stated that all the archaelogical and other evidence suggests that 8 years old girl were not all that different from 8 years old girls today"
    So, we would expect a 6-year-old girl like Aisha as described as marrying Muhammad to be much the same as a 6-year-old girl today.

My opinion : i agree that human beings have changed little over the last few thousands years example " we have smaller height than the ancient peolle..
    No, people were much shorter on average than today. The easiest way to see it is to go to buildings which were built during ancient times. Look at the height of doors, ceilings and entries.

Then of course there is all the archaeological evidence I had discussed. There are numerous studies closely correlating height with living conditions and food supply, e.g. height of people in Britain over the last 2000 years:

http://www.oxfordtoday.ox.ac.uk/news...ver-2000-years

Again, as I'd stated, you would have expected Aisha to be even shorter and less developed if you were to believe the Hadiths and the Sirat about problems with getting enough to eat and so on during Muhammad's Meccan period...

we can see dinosaurus now...
    Birds for sure are the survivors of the great dinosaur extinction about 66 million years ago..

in second statement i will put the word "suggest"...the meaning of suggestion means there is no validation ..sometime it works ...sometime not....
    My question was "why did the first statement and second statement different?..
    I'm getting confused about what you are trying to say here... your above statement suggests that what I said and what you have said are about the same...

3. The hadist talk about the things that aisha did as a girl such as playing with a toy
    My opinion " have you never seen 20 years old girl today playing with a play station or teddy bear?what does people say for a play station or teddy bear?isnt called a toy?
    8-year-old girls play with dolls still. The problem with your idea that "Aisha was '20'" as you seem to be suggesting here - Hadiths by Bukhari, Muslim and Dawah are very clear that Aisha was 6 (occasionally some hadiths say "or 7") when Muhammad married her and 9 when he first had sexual intercourse with her.

Arguments suggesting that Aisha was 16 or 18 when she married Muhammad almost always rely on Hadiths that are extremely unreliable and are not straightforward like the Sahih Ahadith of Bukhari or Muslim.

The original Arabic in the hadiths of Bukhari or Muslim does not describe Aisha as a "woman" but as a "girl" - I've checked it out both with Google Translate and also several people I've known who know Classical Arabic. The hadiths explicitly refer to Aisha as a girl playing with toys. Also, other hadiths explicitly prohibit women from playing with dolls.

Leave a comment:

• Etsia
    replied

Why do you always bring my profet name in every your answer?
    You prophet is important to you and any islam brainwashed individual yet everyone else who sees this prophet as a criminal is free to say what they think about him when the context is connected with it. Answering the post aussie was answering, it was the right context yet whining about people's opinions on your prophet was not.

Have read a few posts and and want to leave the answer to Adam - first, stop blaming yourself for being a bad father. A bad father is someone who shows absolutely no interest in their kids not the one who divorces a person they cannot live with. You care about your daughter while seems to me the mother of a kid manipulates and uses the kid as the means to arouse the feeling of guilt in you. Communicate with you daughter, buy her presents but do not overdo with things, think things over very carefully and do not let your child's mum manipulate you. The child will grow up and will see who is who in fact. It is very good you communicate with your child and care for her.

Leave a comment:

• aussieinbg
    replied
    Originally posted by Hades91x View Post
    Subnautica and Ark Survival run sometimes slow on GTX-980 4GB, other games run fine. These are games like minecraft but with much more demand on hardware.
    Hence I think a GPU with 3GB VRAM for current PC configuration, even for a kid is a little bit too few.
    What resolution are you planning to run this at?

Leave a comment:

• Hades91x
    replied
    Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

So, which games that your daughter would be playing would devour so much RAM?

Subnautica and Ark Survival run sometimes slow on GTX-980 4GB, other games run fine. These are games like minecraft but with much more demand on hardware.
    Hence I think a GPU with 3GB VRAM for current PC configuration, even for a kid is a little bit too few.

Leave a comment:

• RogerCarmel
    replied
    Sarcasm emoji shows that I don't want impress you with my evilness at all. I'm not one of your inmates which couldn't leave. Maybe, just maybe you're a little bit screwed with your former job in this point. However I wouldn't never arrogate to know somebody, after exchanging just few sentences with that person.
    I never met any serial killers or serial rapists. Just regular murderers & rapists who were caught after their first or second offence. Even the guy who raped the 3 year old was superficially nice, the kind of man you would like to chat over a beer with. People make terrible mistakes sometimes and that's what most of these guys were in jail for. Terrible mistakes and bad family upbringing. Most were from poor families. Only one guy was from a wealthy family and he had a good education. Poor education is another marker for delinquency. Anger is another, and a very powerful one.

I'm sure you're not much of a bad guy. Based on what you've written here and there on the forums, you're a lot nicer than I am.

Leave a comment:

• aussieinbg
    replied
    have you seen the HDD requirements for games nowadays? 50-80GB. 500GB is really not that much. I have 2 TB conventional HDD in my workstation and its 80% full after few CVS refreshes of projects where i have contributed
    How many games is your daughter going to have on this machine? 100GB space for a game is pretty big even by today's standards. Sure an SSD drive would be good for booting quick and running a few games.

How about a hybrid SSD / HDD system?

not a water cooler or something like that, just a good air cooler with bigger fan for less noise than those that you get in boxes packs from Intel or AMD. However this isn't a big cost factor.
    I had been inferring that talking a cooler meant that you were thinking of something more than the usual for a CPU.

I worked as CAD drawer few years and made 3D models for some gaming projects. Mostly for BMS Falcon 4.0 community.
    Believe me or not razor mice have the best durability in clicking. Logitech, MS or other mice fuck up after 2-3 months when you are working on 3D objects several hours per day. I don't buy another mice anymore, because it waste of money.
    Is your daughter going to be doing that much gaming to wear out a mouse???? Also, her hand is going to grow so she is going to outgrow quickly enough the ergonomic comfort of any mouse you get.

I will build it like I would want that for myself.
    Do you know exactly what sort of games your daughter would like and the capacity of the machine needed to run them? Again, remember it's your daughter who will be playing, not "Call of Duty" or whatever which would take up 100+ GB

However my Gtx 980 4GB has still enough power for games. With exception of few unity engine games which devour VRAM like crazy it runs everything fine on such old hardware.
    So, which games that your daughter would be playing would devour so much RAM?

No, Gtx-1660 TI should cost 260-280 EUR three weeks later comes release of Gtx-1660 for 200-220 EUR. In any case the 2016 GPU generation becomes cheaper.
    Again, you're perhaps not so realistic about what is to be played.

I have two laptops in house one not so old from my partner's study time and when somebody rapes my workstation I use it
    I would hope that it is you that your partner is "raping", not the workstation

, but I prefer a desktop system even for Internet.
    Desktop is much more preferable on account of the real estate space of a monitor and the ergonomics of the kbd and mouse. An IBM Model M keyboard still beats any laptop kbd hands down

Come on, i5-8400 + 16GB Ram + Gtx 1660 (1060, rx 580) isn't really high end hardware. It's recommended as budget configuration. Everything below is probably not much better than the laptop crap that she already has.
    If you were playing a high-end steam game of course... but which games with high end requirements are going to be played by your daughter?

Leave a comment:

• Suna123
    replied
    When shaun is okay to say 8 years old girl aisha is same with 8 years old girl nowaday...how come it aint okay for me to say aisha is different with 8 years old girl today?
    Because there is evidence that children did not mature in a different pace in the past.
    And there is no evidence that children matured faster in the past, rather the opposite thanks to the worse nutrition and health conditions earlier.
    There is no hint at all to assume that children matured faster earlier.

If you want to believe that it is fine. However Muslim scholars don't believe it. Since for example in Iran and Saudi Arabia the minimum marriage age for little girls is 9 years TODAY BECAUSE of Islamic teachings. Mohammed consumed the marriage with Aisha at the age of 9. His example is perfect to Muslims for all times, isn't it?
    Last edited by Suna123; 02-12-2019, 06:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hades91x
    replied
    Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Autocorrect...yes, I have that on my iPad. It makes stupid mistakes when I write in English because it is set for French...
    So

Hyper rich? I don't know any hyper rich people either. "Good and easy income" sounds like an euphemism for "well paid".
    not every well paid job is really easy and gives you much free time

We all have a dark side. Yours doesn't seem very dark to me although you may think it is. I've met murderers and rapists - and one guy who raped a 3 year-old girl - so some divorced guy in Poland doesn't impress me the wrong way...sorry! As for Venezuela, whoever said they would like to see a bloodbath there was probably just making a bad joke.
    Sarcasm emoji shows that I don't want impress you with my evilness at all. I'm not one of your inmates which couldn't leave. Maybe, just maybe you're a little bit screwed with your former job in this point. However I wouldn't never arrogate to know somebody, after exchanging just few sentences with that person.

Leave a comment:

• Narenayu
    replied
    Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
    You are the one stating that they might be different and making it looking like if it was the case... So I'm asking you : How a 8yo girl from 500, 1000, 1500 or 4000 years ago would be different from an 8yo girl from 2019?

As for Muhammad having a very young wife and having sexual intercourses with a child, it is of public notoriety... I don't understand why you would even try to deny it as I don't understand why you would twist the topic being upset about a religious matter while Hades was not asking about this at all and while we are only deviating a bit more and more.
    When shaun is okay to say 8 years old girl aisha is same with 8 years old girl nowaday...how come it aint okay for me to say aisha is different with 8 years old girl today?
    I am thinking the other sides...when you said i messing the adam post with the upset opinion...why dont you think it makes me upset also when shaun always mention about my profet?
    Last edited by Narenayu; 02-12-2019, 04:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Narenayu
    replied
    @shaun

I only want to enlight my knowledge by reading your opinions
    As a moslem, we have the way, the law, the truth and ma'rifah in islamic teaching..we cant leave one of them but I WILL NOT DESCRIBE IT..I AM HERE NOT TO CONVERT PEOPLE.

You stated :
    1. "Mountain and montains of archaelogical and genetic evidence that shows that human beings HAVE CHANGED LITTLE OVER the last few thousands years"
    2. "I ve stated that all the archaelogical and other evidence suggests that 8 years old girl were not all that different from 8 years old girls today"

My opinion : i agree that human beings have changed little over the last few thousands years example " we have smaller height than the ancient peolle..we can see dinosaurus now...in second statement i will put the word "suggest"...the meaning of suggestion means there is no validation ..sometime it works ...sometime not....
    My question was "why did the first statement and second statement different?..

3. The hadist talk about the things that aisha did as a girl such as playing with a toy
    My opinion " have you never seen 20 years old girl today playing with a play station or teddy bear?what does people say for a play station or teddy bear?isnt called a toy?

Leave a comment:

• RogerCarmel
    replied
    Take a deep breath Roger and think... did you never make an autocorrect mistake?
    Autocorrect...yes, I have that on my iPad. It makes stupid mistakes when I write in English because it is set for French...

That the bitter pill of reality. I don't belong into the exclusive club hyper rich people, I just have good and easy income.
    Hyper rich? I don't know any hyper rich people either. "Good and easy income" sounds like an euphemism for "well paid".

Yessss... I'm the devil on earth... but I love my evil brood. Somebody said recently, I just want that in Venezuela happens the same bloodbath like in Libya. Despite I don't understand the motives behind such statement, there must be in opinion of the person a lot of dark energy inside me.
    We all have a dark side. Yours doesn't seem very dark to me although you may think it is. I've met murderers and rapists - and one guy who raped a 3 year-old girl - so some divorced guy in Poland doesn't impress me the wrong way...sorry! As for Venezuela, whoever said they would like to see a bloodbath there was probably just making a bad joke.

Leave a comment:

• Hades91x
    replied
    Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

a good father finds a game for gaming together with his children.
    So whatever the machine will be, you will be the greatest if you play with her together

my boys complain very much that I (almost) stopped gaming. (The little one still tries to force me to restart it )

I think by pixel hunting in those currently popular battle royale PvE games your kids would kick you out of the team after 5 minutes.
    Something like old fashioned W,S,A,D + 1,2,1,2,1,2....3,4,5 MMORPGs are for kids nowadays, like Super Mario was for me as kid. (Old trash)

Leave a comment:

• Hades91x
    replied

Nah...I'm no Grammar Nazi or smartass. You've stated before that one of the reasons you are on Interpals is to improve your English. "Austin Martin" sounds like a guy's name because Austin is a boy's name and Martin is a family name...like Pawel Polski would be a guy's name. The ''Aston'' in Aston Martin used to be a race in the U.K. (I think) and Martin is the founder's family name.
    Take a deep breath Roger and think... did you never make an autocorrect mistake?

It's always better to be born rich than to be born poor.
    That the bitter pill of reality. I don't belong into the exclusive club hyper rich people, I just have good and easy income.

Well...I'm not sure anymore. It certainly would be the ideal situation for your daughter if you and her mother were happy together but conjugal happiness no longer is the primary goal of modern couples. Given the circumstances, you seem to be a good father.

Yessss... I'm the devil on earth... but I love my evil brood. Somebody said recently, I just want that in Venezuela happens the same bloodbath like in Libya. Despite I don't understand the motives behind such statement, there must be in opinion of the person a lot of dark energy inside me.
    Last edited by Hades91x; 02-12-2019, 12:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hades91x
    replied

Agree, good PSU is vital. You don't need a 1TB SSD.. If your daughter fills a 500GB SSD within 2 years when prices would have halved or even better, then I'd be very surprised.
    have you seen the HDD requirements for games nowadays? 50-80GB. 500GB is really not that much. I have 2 TB conventional HDD in my workstation and its 80% full after few CVS refreshes of projects where i have contributed

The custom CPU cooler might be overkill unless you have plans to overclock the hell out of the thing. Remember, it's an 8-year-old daughter, not a late-teen trying to make it big on the international gamer circuit
    not a water cooler or something like that, just a good air cooler with bigger fan for less noise than those that you get in boxes packs from Intel or AMD. However this isn't a big cost factor.

Does the system have to have such a high end mouse and kbd?
    I worked as CAD drawer few years and made 3D models for some gaming projects. Mostly for BMS Falcon 4.0 community.
    Believe me or not razor mice have the best durability in clicking. Logitech, MS or other mice fuck up after 2-3 months when you are working on 3D objects several hours per day. I don't buy another mice anymore, because it waste of money.

Sure you are not building this game machine for yourself also?

Apparently, these GTX-1660 TI cards are going to retail for about $350 or $400...
    I will build it like I would want that for myself. However my Gtx 980 4GB has still enough power for games. With exception of few unity engine games which devour VRAM like crazy it runs everything fine on such old hardware.
    No, Gtx-1660 TI should cost 260-280 EUR three weeks later comes release of Gtx-1660 for 200-220 EUR. In any case the 2016 GPU generation becomes cheaper.

A higher-end gamer laptop which is not a piece of crap would be past the 2000 Euro mark and would probably destroy your daughter's back carrying it. Better to have a tower case which isn't going anywhere and which keeps the child in a position where her use is easily monitored.

Most laptops nowadays in any case are crap - either hardware wise or with RAM, SSDs and so on soldered on to make it extremely difficult to upgrade. Even macbooks are crap for the price.

What you do with this computer might influence what goes on later on and how far she can ask for all this - I wouldn't spec the comp too high precisely for additional costs.
    I have two laptops in house one not so old from my partner's study time and when somebody rapes my workstation I use it, but I prefer a desktop system even for Internet.

Come on, i5-8400 + 16GB Ram + Gtx 1660 (1060, rx 580) isn't really high end hardware. It's recommended as budget configuration. Everything below is probably not much better than the laptop crap that she already has.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X