Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are girls not interested in cooking and expect guys to be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are girls not interested in cooking and expect guys to be?

Cooking is a basic survival skill. Why modern girls don't like it?

And I recall there are guys who don't want to cook and expect women to do all the cooking as well. Why? Because people have different interests. I agree that it's a basic survival skill though. I honestly don't like to cook myself, but I can cook to save my life. Nothing fancy and still not something I thoroughly enjoy. I expect my guy to be able to cook at least for himself, but I also don't expect anything pro.

Comment

I don't get why OP only mentions 'modern girls'. If cooking, as he puts it, is a survival skill, then men need to have it, if they want to survive, do they not? I am not a big fan of cooking, in fact, I almost never good, and for some reason, I am still alive! Magic! I may be a horrible wife, though.

Comment

coz many girls wannabe child-free with hot younger lovers who will cook for them! LOL

Comment

That's kind of broad narrow vision of the modern day woman is it not? I don't know, personally I love to cook....at times. Cooking isn't a must for me, but I've dated both women whom hated to cook and to those that loved it. It's not really an important part of the relationship IMO. While I suppose its nice for them to have, I'm just more focused on the things that matter to me. Personality, chemistry....things of that sort. Not to sound to presumptuous, but if you want a woman to cook, I'd suggest opening up your own pallet in the kitchen, and offer to cook for her (Or him depending on your sexual preference.) and see where it goes. Perhaps, just maybe they will offer to cook for you too.

Comment

I think the world is changing and more people wants to develop skills then stay at home and cook http://dog-fun.se/hundar-olika-yrken/. I love cooking, but not sure about my wife. I have no idea why its happening but it's wrong. Like A1991 said that cooking "was" survival skill but now you can order food of buy it ready meal in super market, so you don't have to cook anything. I know home made is more healthy and taste better.
            Last edited by Steven2322; 05-03-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A1991 View Post
              Yes, it is a basic survival skill, but why should we like it?

Comment

"Modern girls" lol, western chicks are overrated anyway
                http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100803203515

Comment

why do you think modern girls don't like cooking?
                  It is not the case from what I can observe. What changed are the relationships imho. There are couples who like cooking and it is an important part of their free time together and there are couples who don't like cooking and rather spend their time together with something else.
                  When you always end up with a girl who doesn't like cooking this is maybe because you think spending time with preparing food is just a necessary curse and actually a waste of time for you?
                  In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

Because girls never really liked it all that much? Yes it's a basic survival skill and everyone both male and female should know how to cook enough to feed themselves, but expecting women to like it and cook for you all the time is a tad hipocrtical.

Comment

Basic survival skill ? Don't make me laugh please...

Comment

When she doesn't like to cook even if the fridge is full with ingredients then she isn't hungry.

Comment

Blame all the fast food chains around

Comment

Your English is strange for a German person, as is the magazine scan picture Please worry more about yourself than what women may or may not be doing.

Comment

Hah, I think it's a bit like asking: "Why don't modern boys farm/hunt/fish" or something like that. It's a basic for your survival - but I bet you that not many know how anymore. You can order food, buy pre-made meals and stuff like that and save time for something that actually interests you. Why should girls be stuck on a stone age? In Finland we teach domestic skills in our schools - so everyone knows how to make a basic meal. My boyfriend is a chef - I'm a way better home cook than he is and don't get me started on baking. We both love it. Come on it's food!

Everyone should know the basics but it's not only girls job to do so. Neither is cleaning or other housework - if you live there you should work for your home. In Finland, most couples have two working adults so sharing the bills means sharing the housework too. I wouldn't even watch a man who couldn't clean, wash laundry or dishes. He would be out in minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X