any other vegans here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any other vegans here?

Im interested in making vegan friends and helping new vegans. I have been a vegan for 4 years, and was vegetarian for a year. I had no help from other people, I had to learn it all on my own and from reading. I am familiar with products in america, but not so much with veganism in other country, aside from basics. It took me a while, but I got it! the only thing im not good at are gourmet meals. I do use coupons though! I gotta stick to a budget. Anyone interested in friendship or help can message me

parttime vegan here.
    Having a family with adolescents does not fit together with veganism in my opinion. Experiments should be done with adults only.

For vegan gourmet meals I recommend to have a look at Indian cuisine and vegan restaurants.

(I don't understand what you mean by "I do use coupons" - What coupons?)
    In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

I'm flexitarian, leaning more towards vegetarianism. I enjoy vegan dishes, though, so I'd appreciate recipes you've tried and found tasty.

Comment

i respect vegans/vegetarians. i have been a vegetarian not by choice. it was just what was available. i do eat meat now because its just what is available at the moment. plus, i have no shame for killing flies

Comment

coupons, like $1 off a certain item at the store.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalwife View Post
            coupons, like $1 off a certain item at the store.

I'm not sure the German lady will understand. Discount coupons may be an American thing.

Why did you decide to go vegan?

Comment

animal rights, environmental issues and health. haha I could go into great detail....

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalwife View Post
                animal rights, environmental issues and health. haha I could go into great detail....
                Those are good reasons. I stopped eating horse after I saw how they were...executed. Slaughterhouse videos on YouTube are no less gruesome. Still, I understand that it’s OK to eat meat, and I don’t want to turn a meatless diet into a religion so I’ll eat it when it’s served to me but I don’t buy it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Those are good reasons. I stopped eating horse after I saw how they were...executed. Slaughterhouse videos on YouTube are no less gruesome. Still, I understand that it’s OK to eat meat, and I don’t want to turn a meatless diet into a religion so I’ll eat it when it’s served to me but I don’t buy it myself.

And have you ever tried a drug (cure) called dog meat?
                  Last edited by dmitri11; 03-31-2018, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

That's the attitude I agree with. In today's world, everything can be easily turned into a religion like feminism, veganism, libtardism, etc...I think vegan dishes can be delicious and healthy and I would appreciate some new recipes and would like to try them but I also think it is OK to eat meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Etsia View Post

That's the attitude I agree with. In today's world, everything can be easily turned into a religion like feminism, veganism, libtardism, etc...I think vegan dishes can be delicious and healthy and I would appreciate some new recipes and would like to try them but I also think it is OK to eat meat.
                      It's true! just about anything now is turned into a religion, a religion which must be followed lest you be damned, including atheism! It's just ridiculous...

Vegan is fine but I lean more towards vegetarianism. I enjoy eggs, cheese, ice cream, yogurt, butter, etc. and have no plans to give them up. A meatless diet is much more difficult to balance from a nutritional standpoint, but lacto-ovo vegetarian foods can supply the proteins your body needs. The animals that produce eggs & milk can be turned into pet food at the end of their lives...

I have a niece who's a PETA* activist. She feeds her cat soya-based cat food...poor cat! ...talk about wacko religious fervor...

*PETA: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

Comment

for me, veganism is not a religion, since there is an absence of a higher being. thats why I posted in the food section instead of the religion one. its more out of morals. There are vegan alternatives to literally everything, so there is no need to eat anything from animals, unless the vegan products are unavailable.

if anyone wants vegan recipes, we can exchange addresses, I can copy and mail recipes for everyone to try
                        Last edited by SoCalwife; 04-01-2018, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Please help me to do this. Nobody has a greater desire to become a vegan and remain one more than I do. I am against any form of animal cruelty or neglect and I won't even talk about the horrors of factory farming. I am fortunate that in NY, vegetarian and vegan restaurants abound, as well as having nature food shops everywhere, so it is just a question of doing it rather than wishing.

Comment

Poor innocent plants...

Comment

I'm a vegetarian and thank god I live in the heaven of vegetarian foods.

Comment

Working...
                              X