any other vegans here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BELIEVESINMIRACLES View Post
    Please help me to do this. Nobody has a greater desire to become a vegan and remain one more than I do. I am against any form of animal cruelty or neglect and I won't even talk about the horrors of factory farming. I am fortunate that in NY, vegetarian and vegan restaurants abound, as well as having nature food shops everywhere, so it is just a question of doing it rather than wishing.
    what do you need help with? do you want recipes, vegan items at the grocery store, restaurants, nutrition tips? if you want, feel free to message me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
      Poor innocent plants...
      a vegan needs only about 1 sq foot per day for food. a meat eater requires 16 sq foot...because of food that is fed to the animals he/she eats.

so yes....poor plants.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalwife View Post

a vegan needs only about 1 sq foot per day for food. a meat eater requires 16 sq foot...because of food that is fed to the animals he/she eats.

so yes....poor plants.

How much a person needs to eat is individual : ) even as a meat eater, I don't need very much to get full.
        I still feel sorry for the plants, I like plants, but not on my plate.

But animals are tasty.

Comment

hi, i am not from vegan but i am vegetarian

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post

How much a person needs to eat is individual : ) even as a meat eater, I don't need very much to get full.

But animals are tasty.
            the stat I gave is general, but yes, it can vary slightly. what im saying is that if you like plants, then killing 15x more (on avg) is not a good way of showing your appreciation. just saying lol

Anyways, I didn't make this thread to debate.

Comment

I'm not killing plants, I eat animals : ) I enjoy plants as decorations.
              As for food intake, my vegan friend from America eats more than me, so I wouldn't really say that I need more or eat more than vegans.
              And not all animals eat plant based either. Besides, what the animal has eaten before it itself is eaten doesn't matter, it's already gone : ) so what the animal is fed (assuming it eats plant based) doesn't really count.

Comment

But I wish you good luck in finding some vegan friends : ) I'm sure there are some here.

Comment

"How much a person needs to eat is individual : ) even as a meat eater, I don't need very much to get full.

But animals are tasty."

You feel sorry for plants (which do not have a brain or nervous system, please show vegans how the "they have feelings too" argument holds ground because they don't see it), do you feel sorry- at all- for animals ie the poor pigs, cows, and chicken that we imprison in cells behind bars, castrate, forcibly impregnate, and behead (literally, their necks are slit) for your enjoyment? If you had to choose- please don't try to weasel out of the question- which is worse: "killing" plants or killing animals?

Animals being tasty (not sure exactly how blocking arteries or confirmed carcinogens by elite institutions is tasty, any taste isn't worth your health) is not justification for their slaughter. Animals shouldn't be on any plate either, that's the point. Vegans (vegetarians to a lesser degree, as they still haven't abandoned the arguably even worse dairy industry) try to leave behind a civilization less dependent on consuming creatures that is not necessary for us to survive.

Whether we are vegan or not, we should at the very least acknowledge that is a worthy and admirable cause. You'll probably find several on this site. Those of us who are would be more than happy to hear from you all.

Comment

Plants are still alive though : ) and there has been some research on it.. Google is your friend.
                    It doesn't really matter if you understand my argument or not. I'm not here to argue either, it's a public forum so everyone has the right to express themselves. If I have to choose? For me animals are food, so no, I don't feel sad for them. Personally I'd rather have them die than the plants. But feel free to disagree : )

Please do not decide what's worth my health, I am absolutely able to make that decision myself. And everyone will die someday, of something. Personally I am fine with my eating habits : ) happy even. And sure, if vegans do that, then that's their choice : ) I am not stopping them from avoiding meat, not at all. People should eat what they want and enjoy their life. I think animals are tasty, so that's what I choose to eat, chicken's lovely for example. I could never get full nor enjoy a vegan diet, sorry, just like meat, veganism isn't for everyone.
                    Last edited by Fenris; 04-13-2018, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalwife View Post

so yes....poor plants.
                      Use the metric system! Damn!

And no, not necessarily, you can't grow your soja everywhere and a pasture can be (way) more "green" than a field. It can even be a good way to save a forest.

Originally posted by Johnlastnamedoe View Post
                      You feel sorry for plants (which do not have a brain or nervous system, please show vegans how the "they have feelings too" argument holds ground because they don't see it), do you feel sorry- at all- for animals ie the poor pigs, cows, and chicken that we imprison in cells behind bars, castrate, forcibly impregnate, and behead (literally, their necks are slit) for your enjoyment? If you had to choose- please don't try to weasel out of the question- which is worse: "killing" plants or killing animals?
                      Some animals don't have any brain or nervous system... And show an animal has feelings please, scientifically. Else, plants are now know for feeling stress and being able to communicate. They are also very different from humans or mushroom, so there is absolutely no reason to think that they would have the same feelings as us if they have, or that they would feel the same things as a human if you cut them. Yet, you can't tell if a dog has the same feelings as you either... You can't even tell if, when you see blue, your friend will see this color exactly like you (and it seems they won't). From tha,t I don't see the point with playing on the pathos by saying "omg, poor cows are suffering so much" when, in fact, you don't know.

You could even wonder if humans would think it's bad to live like a cow if you raise them like cows.

Animals being tasty (not sure exactly how blocking arteries or confirmed carcinogens by elite institutions is tasty, any taste isn't worth your health) is not justification for their slaughter. Animals shouldn't be on any plate either, that's the point. Vegans (vegetarians to a lesser degree, as they still haven't abandoned the arguably even worse dairy industry) try to leave behind a civilization less dependent on consuming creatures that is not necessary for us to survive.
                      Some plants are """cancerigens""" as well (yes """cancerigens""" because there aren't a lot of things that can be defined as cancerigen actually, meat isn't one of them), when not being poisonous and the vegan diet you buy to industry, because yes vegans buy their product to industries too, are sometime killings animal beside. I especially think about your beloved B12 vitamin here.
                      Since we are talking about how healthy we should eat... the quantity is also important, overweight favorise many illness such as diabetes

Ps : A plant is alive, so you definitely kill it.
                      Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 04-13-2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

You guys are getting way too worked up about this. Have a glass of scotch, or rum, or beer, or brandy...maybe some wine...all of these are vegan foods you probably enjoy without realizing.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
                          You guys are getting way too worked up about this. Have a glass of scotch, or rum, or beer, or brandy...maybe some wine...all of these are vegan foods you probably enjoy without realizing.

There is no vgan food when you eat everything with butter

Comment

Whether we are vegan or not, we should at the very least acknowledge that is a worthy and admirable cause. You'll probably find several on this site. Those of us who are would be more than happy to hear from you all.
                            I understand the OP did not mean to have such a discussion, she was just looking for like minded people on this site but when I see a holier than thou attitude from a vegan I cannot help commenting. I think if people simply choose to be vegan and do not consider those who eat meat to be nasty murderers and cruel savages are OK, live and let live, choose what you want and do not act as if your choice is much better than that of others but in this post I can feel all the religiousness and hypocrisy of a vegan playing more moral, healthier and better and it is ridiculous. Animals should be on the plates of those who eat meat and who consider it to be a healthier choice for a human than being vegan. We should be for ecological farming instead of becoming loudmouths and aggressive individuals who dictate others what is moral, what is immoral - we all know that killing in a sadistic way and just for fun is no good yet it is different than killing for consuming. I doubt that all vegans don't use cars, don't have kids who might not turn vegan, etc...vegans cannot avoiding using everything made from animals - I wonder if vegans like yourself actually think that almond milk consumption actually kills bees - fungicides commonly used on almond trees might prove fatal to honey bees as we know. And so on...None of us, either meat eater or non meat eater can be considered morally higher and vegans are wrong implying they're moral just because they do not eat meat. Once my ex husband visited us and we had delicious food and suddenly he started telling me his sister and her husband became vegans. I asked him how they were and he answered they became very distant and look down on him and other family members. He added that just seemed that those who stop eating meat start....eating people....I knew what he meant so no, such people are no morally superior just because they do not eat meat. I do not want to generalize all vegans and I respect people's choices and eating habits but again, in the post I'm commenting on I've felt what Roger and me were discussing - some people turn veganism into a religion and become fanatical followers of this religion, moreover, they shove this down everyone else's throat playing holier than thou which is far more immoral than simply having some good steak and enjoying one's meal....

Comment

I AM NOT GOING TO REPLY TO THOSE WHO WANT TO "DEBATE", THAT IS NOT WHY I STARTED THIS THREAD. as etsia stated, I started this thread to see if there were other vegans here or people who wanted help switching. end of story.

Comment

That's one angry vegan.

Comment

Working...
                                X