• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Machine

Assume it's possible to go back in time, but
    • only once, and
    • exactly 10 years.
    You have all the knowledge from now, but you are back in April 2009 (and as old as you were then).

Would you do that?
    If so, would you
    • change some decisions, or
    • would you do everything differently, or
    • would you just repeat everything and enjoy it again, knowing wha comes next?
    No, I wouldn't
    25.00%
    Yes, but just to repeat everything and enjoy it once more
    0%
    Yes, and I would change some small things
    50.00%
    Yes, and I would change almost everything
    25.00%

The problem with such a long time period would be (for me): You change something, and then your live goes a totally different way, and you can just drop away all of your experience, it doesn't help.

Comment

Do others also get the same opportunity?

If so, it will be super messy. A 5 years old children will be vanished then.

All over 10 years of age go back in time with each provision and meet again at 10 years ago. Your wife not necessarily want to repeat the same mistake with you again. She hold existing knowledges also, right. So, no i suppose.

However, if it's only my privilege, probably still no, because anything exisiting now, doesn't go back in time with me.

Comment

In before someone else mentions becoming rich with all their future stock-market knowledge and sports scores betting etc.

Comment

Originally posted by frozenmadness View Post
          Assume it's possible to go back in time, but

only once, and
          exactly 10 years...
          Only 10 years back, only one trip and you can never come back? What kind of cheap time machine is that?

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Only 10 years back, only one trip and you can never come back? What kind of cheap time machine is that?

Do you think it's easy to build a time machine? They will surely get better some day, but it needs rare metals, engineers, new laws of physics etc.

Comment

Time machine...btw markus what would you change if you can come back to 10 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Narenayu View Post
                Time machine...btw markus what would you change if you can come back to 10 years ago?

welcome back!

Comment

welcome back!
                  Thank you

What would you do if you were able to come back to 10 years ago?

Comment

What would you do if you were able to come back to 10 years ago?
                    That would be 2009. I was 51. I think the only change I would make would be to retire early. I would have stopped working, that's it.
                    Last edited by RogerCarmel; 04-08-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

That would be 2009. I was 51. I think the only change I would make would be to retire early. I would have stopped working, that's it.
                      Now have you retired?...as i know the retirement is 56 y.o

Comment

Now have you retired?...as i know the retirement is 56 y.o
                        Retirement age is normally at 65 in Canada but some people choose to - or have to - continue working. I retired at 60 because my wife enjoyed her job and I didn’t want to sit at home alone. Looking back, the extra years at work were not really worth it.

So, would you go back in Markus’ cheap, one-way time machine?

Comment

Retirement age is normally at 65 in Canada but some people choose to - or have to - continue working. I retired at 60 because my wife enjoyed her job and I didn’t want to sit at home alone. Looking back, the extra years at work were not really worth it.

So, would you go back in Markus’ cheap, one-way time machine?
                          I am a bit confused if we can change a little bit past story..would it change the story now?

Lets wait markus's answer what he want to change a thing or not at all

Comment

Well.... if I'd get just 15 months more, I would. In the beginning of 2008, I was in love (really-really in love, more than ever later), and if I'd know what can happen (what actually happened), maybe I could make this relationship last. She said we didn't fit together. Maybe she was right, but maybe it would be worth it anyway.

But 2009... I don't know, but I would seriously think about it. I'm a fan of Finland, and if I'd speak the language as good as I do now, 10 years ago, maybe I would move there. Now I'm 47 and quite old for that (maybe it's never too late, but it's easier if you're young).

Comment

Originally posted by green3apple View Post
                              Do others also get the same opportunity?
                              My idea was,
                              • either it's only for you and no one else,
                              • or: It's for everyone, but no one knows if and when the others use it.

Comment

Working...
                              X