Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mala_feliz View Post

do you have hypotiroid? The sickness give you more weight, unfortunately
    No I started to gain weight after I developed serious clinical depression and had to start taking medication for it. Thank goodness I feel like a normal person again but unfortunately weight gain is a common side effect of anti-depressants. The plus is that I've become a much healthy eater and have lost over 20 pounds since I changed my diet. Still I would like to lose another 10 pounds and have found those damn hard to take off.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisShiva View Post

No I started to gain weight after I developed serious clinical depression and had to start taking medication for it. Thank goodness I feel like a normal person again but unfortunately weight gain is a common side effect of anti-depressants. The plus is that I've become a much healthy eater and have lost over 20 pounds since I changed my diet. Still I would like to lose another 10 pounds and have found those damn hard to take off.
      Really? How much did you gain? Was it that bad? I kinda (really) need to gain a few kilos but can't. Never know anti-depressants may help.. :x

Comment

On men, I like blonde hair, probably because that isn't something you see very much in Ireland so it stands out.

Ginger hair on girls can look pretty cool, wish I had that instead of dark hair

Comment

Natural hair brown hair yellow hair dyed hair white hair ever color has its own charm man

Comment

Originally posted by loony-moonchild View Post

Really? How much did you gain? Was it that bad? I kinda (really) need to gain a few kilos but can't. Never know anti-depressants may help.. :x

It was about 30-40 pounds, not all at once but over the course of several years. I think part of the problem was that as a skinny guy I was used to being able to eat whatever I wanted and when I started taking Paxil I didn't change my eating habits. For me the big change was when my doctor told me I had high blood sugar and I didn't want to become diabetic, something that is a huge health problem in the US. So I significantly changed my diet and started to exercise more which has made a positive difference.

I do eat pretty darn healthy now but I was raised on my momma's home cooking of Southern cuisine which includes fried chicken, bacon, lots of sweets, etc. So it's hard to turn down that food I love so much. But I try to do most of my shopping in the fruits and vegetables section of the grocery store.

Of course, gaining weight is not the right reason to start taking an anti-depressant. But if your depression worsens again maybe going to the doctor and seeing about getting a prescribed medication would be a good idea. I take Paxil which is one of meds that often has weight gain as a side effect. So maybe you would see that as being a bonus.
            Last edited by ChrisShiva; 05-24-2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Dont really mind the color. I usually like long, straight hair on a woman. But short hair can look good too, especially if it "matches" with the face well.But really, it depends on a person. Some people can pull of certain hairstyles way better than others and so on. But for me, generally, long, straight hair. Dark hair maybe? Eh, I dont mind. Had a girlfriend with dark blue straight hair too at one point. She looked great.

As for me, I have lost the lottery of genetics and already lost most of mine.

Comment

You know, I've never got my hair dyed before. My hair is dark brown, though I'm having an itch to get such a striping effect:

Comment

Blonde hair like my boyfriend's.

His hair kinda looks this:

ps: lmfao I'm laughing, I just realised my guy looks like this random dude in the pic above

Comment

As for ladies, I prefer:

curly hair is just so refreshing to see because where I live, in Asia, most people have straight here including me. It gets boring as fudge

Comment

On women, I like whatever goes with their face shape. I don't really have a preference.

On men, I love well kept long hair. I don't know why, I just really like it. Bonus points if it's curly.

Comment

I don't really care if it's straight, wavy or curly, as long as it's fairly healthy, suits the person's face and SOFT. Must be nice to touch.

For colour it's brunettes > blondes > redheads > blacks for women and brunettes > blondes > blacks > redheads for men. Nothing is fixed though. I may end up with blonde or redhead or anything I don't really mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X