Sense of humor in your country

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sense of humor in your country

What do people in your country find funny? Do you think it is different from humor in cultures?

from most recent:

Our Prime Minister + some photoshop

Or older but still popular

^
    this one requires a little explanation: the guy in the picture is a Polish politician, infamous for his alcohol problems
    so
    there's this song, and "Boys Boys Boys" - and for a Pole it sounds almost like Bols Bols Bols

Hard to say if humor is different in different cultures, I think that many of e.g. political jokes are contextual, so you need to know the situation in that country to understand it.
    http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100803203515

Comment

Here in Mexico we make fun of everything and everyone (even ourselfs), doesn't matter the situation, you just learn to never get offended. There are no boundaries, but if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen

Comment

French are making fun at everything except when it's about them, when it's about them, nothing is funny anymore, strangely.
        Since the French are also very into politic, they are also making a lot of humor about it, but following the first point :
        - Everybody is laughing at Marine Le Pen except her supporters
        - Everybody is laughing at Macron except his supporters...

Comment

In my country, sense of humor is reserved. People don't make fun of everything, take religion, for example. It is seen as something sacred, and even those who don't belong to any religion, still refrain from making any funny/sarcastic comments. There are few topics people laugh at throughout the most part of post soviet territory. Inhabitant of Odessa, for one, or, more precisely, the jewish part of its population. Jokes about jews in general are very popular, I don't think you can meet a russian who has never heard/told a joke about jews. It's also very common to kid about family life and grumbling wives.

I personally think, humor should be uncensored. It doesn't have to be a dark humor by default, people often mix these two together. You can address a very important issue in a form of a joke.

"Hello, is this Federal Security Service? I have an important piece of information on my neighbour. He has paid utilities and still has money to buy food!"

As you can see, through this joke, a very important and even tragic problem as a very low minimum living wage is put on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by aldogs View Post
            Here in Mexico we make fun of everything and everyone (even ourselfs), doesn't matter the situation, you just learn to never get offended. There are no boundaries, but if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen
            It's kinda the same here in Kenya. We make fun of everything: people, incidents, religion, our diversity, politicians (our favourites ). The unspoken rule is kinda just to keep off from jokes about people's families unless you are very close to the person. Otherwise, family is sacred

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisShiva View Post
              What do people in your country find funny? Do you think it is different from humor in cultures?
              As far as I can judge the humor in general is the same everywhere. The only difference is various domestic events, people, news, etc.

Comment

Mainstream media humor which basically governs the general public's sense of humor to a point has evolved in the countries that have allowed it to evolve, much in the same way as politically correct equality has evolved in the countries that allow it. However this system can still backfire making what would have been a mediocre frowned upon joke 30 years ago then banned 10 years ago 'hilarious' now.

There is a very popular UK show called Mock the week which invites well known comedians on and when an impromptu subject is announced they race each other to the microphone to tell their joke, now just to give some background on the topic of the joke itself, there is a show called Queer Eye For The Straight Guy where gay people give fashion tips to straight people, I know of the existence of this show but have never watched it, not because of the gay thing but because I don't need fashion tips from anyone

Ladies and Gentlemen let me introduce to you the great Frankie Boyle who told this joke on a mainstream show (his one man shows have themes and jokes darker than Satan's imagination) and worked his way down to virtually not being invited on any shows as a guest at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvOSGtj6S5U

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by al_si View Post
                    Are you the one of the 2 on the right or left?

Comment

I could not find it in English

Comment

nobody could have said it better than Klichko did )))))

Comment

It cannot be translated to save ambiguousness.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaminguera View Post

This joke actual for the old regime
                            Now everything is much more worse
                            And you're not from ukraine

Comment

Depends on a person really, but generally at least with my friends and family in Finland, we have quite dark sense of humor. Sarcasm is also used a lot.

We find different things funny, but we like to use sad humor. I like to bash myself, my looks and faults quite often. I like to over exaggerate things by going clearly over the top and so on.

An example, we had a conversation with friends visiting a certain country and soon the talk went to the prostitutes. One guy said that we all look so awful that we certainly need to visit some prostitutes. Then my friend and I told that yeah, we should but the woman would probably just say "I think we should stay as just friends..." to us anyway Getting friendzoned by a prostitute, now that would be something.

Also we like to joke around of our own deaths or such things. Might not make any sense, but its common for us

Also some bantering is cool if you are close to some people. My father saying something about his childhood? Im asking how is he even remembering things that happened 100 years ago. Im saying something about drinking once? Friend claiming that I have been drunk for at least 7 years straight since most of the stuff I say is so stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X