Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't anyone reply to me or msg me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't anyone reply to me or msg me?

I have been a member for almost a year now and no matter hiw many people I message I get very limited response.
    I have had a total of 3/30 people message me back and 1 never replied back after that and the other became inactive.
    Is there something wring with my profile?
    I message both genders, but mainly girls reply or read msg, but don't reply, while most men don't even bother reading it so maybe this guys I've maxed are trying to use this as a dating site or something idk :/
    Any help into why I'm so unpopular would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Sorry for all the typos

Comment

Originally posted by Kennerz View Post
      I have been a member for almost a year now and no matter hiw many people I message I get very limited response.
      I have had a total of 3/30 people message me back and 1 never replied back after that and the other became inactive.
      Is there something wring with my profile?
      I message both genders, but mainly girls reply or read msg, but don't reply, while most men don't even bother reading it so maybe this guys I've maxed are trying to use this as a dating site or something idk :/
      Any help into why I'm so unpopular would be greatly appreciated
      Thanks
      LOL you're quite popular if every 3/30 of your messages get replied. Don't worry much about it, afterall real friends are rare and you're lucky that idiots aren't messaging you.

Comment

Can you give us a sample of a message you sent?
        Papier Love Story
        Don't believe in long distance romance? We found each other online in 2010, got married in 2013 and it all started right here on Interpals.
        [Youtube] [Facebook] [Website]

Comment

I won't copy/paste my latest one as it's in JP lol XD but basically something like this:
          Greetings, I'm Joshua. Nice to meet you.
          I'm from England and I love computer games.
          I can help teach you English if you want.
          Have a nice day

Comment

This is just my personal opinion but your example sounds like an ad, try writing something more personal - maybe talk about your own experiences with something they mentioned enjoying on their profile.

Im by no means an expert and I get ignored a lot too, but I would give my suggestion a shot. You can bet most people on this site get almost indentical messages from several other people, even if they are up to talk to someone - why would they chose to respond to your message over the other similar ones? You gotta provoke their interest somehow.

A lot of the time people also find it hard to know what to say, lets say you both enjoy video games as an example.. Then what? What do you say? "I like video games too.", it doesn't really give you a lot to go on - I always try to get a question or two in there so that there is always something easy to respond to in case they want to talk, but just dont know how to respond. Just don't overdo it and make it feel like an interrogation.

Don't try too hard, you won't be able to keep that up or enjoy it for very long. Whats the point in making a friend if things will stagnant in a few days anyway? Be polite but be yourself, even if it means a lot of people won't respond - once they do they will be interested in your real personality.

A good rule of thumb is to always imagine that you received the message you just wrote, how would you react?

I personally tend to write very long messages that's very personalized for the individual I am writing to, a lot of the time they don't reply and I probably have hours wasted because of this. But the ones who actually respond have grown into really good friendships and they all feel honored by my effort. I'd say that's worth it over writing 20 people a generic message and maybe have a generic shortlived conversation with one of them.

Anyway, just some general thoughts from the top of my head, good luck.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback
              I will try that in the future. I have aspergers syndrome so social skills is not my strong point unfortunately, but what you said makes a lot of sense
              Hopefully I'll get more responses this way

Comment

You need to make your messages sound more like an ad.

Comment

Hey there buddy ( greenbull ) catchy name lol why are you looking for movie stars there are only normal people here talented people are busy people like ralts and normal and social people like greenbu are saner people and I don't know about rest because I only got two friends in my internet life so I can not relate basically my rule of friendship is simple be real with me drop the personas because It will show nonetheless not everyone is talented and its a fact

Comment

Nobody said anything about looking for movie stars... :/

Comment

Working...
                    X