Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which thinks are expensive and cheap in your country?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

You should know I'm Breton, me ! Mademoiselle!
    Where's Bretagne located again?

Comment

Originally posted by loony-moonchild View Post

Where's Bretagne located again?
      In the very far west of Eurasia

Comment

I have lived / Live in Spain, Norway and Finland. Spend quite a bit of time in Sweden as well.

Finland has cheap electricity. My electricity bills have been more than double in Spain that they are in Finland. Spain on the other hand easily has the cheapest food, clothes and such.

Norway is like 99% full of expensive things compared to others, just with few exceptions... Some tuna cans are quite cheap.

Comment

Living and physical labour(i deserve more lol).

Dont know/care(NL), i lived on 800 np, now much more, doesnt seem to make a difference.....................loool.

Mzzls
          Last edited by ughstupidagain; 07-21-2017, 07:01 PM. Reason: nt.......ugh drunken stupidity

Comment

ı live in Turkey.

1 gr golden 140 TL. (35 euro)
            1 kg red meat 40 TL. (10 euro)
            1 lt fuel oil 4.5 TL. (1.1 euro)
            electric is very expensive. cars are very expensive. ı had bought wolsvagen golf 19.000 euro .

textile can be cheaper than europe.
            vegatable and fruits maybe more cheap than europe.(1 kg tomato 4 tl (1 euro)
            homes was expensive old times. but government made thousands of home, little homes can be found 160.000 tl .(40.000 euro.)
            Last edited by HUNSSON; 07-15-2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJosh View Post

I have to agree with Santa Lux here. France is a very expensive country. I went to live in Finland for a few months and I was very anxious about the price of food and such (because of the high taxes in nordic countries). I even checked websites of supermarkets and such to find out whether I could afford living there as a student. When I came it turned out to be really ok and I didn't find the prices shocking at all. Many others thought it was an expensive country though. I later discussed this with a friend and he said: "Yeah, but then again, France is ALSO a really expensive country." I never looked at it that way because I was used to the prices, but it is true. Most items are cheaper in other countries I have visited (except Stockholm, that one was really expensive). I agree with you that wine is quite cheap (although it really depends, there is expensive wine, but also wine that won't cost you more than 3€). But you cannot only live on wine and it is the exception that confirms the rule I guess.

Cigarettes are expensive here. You'd pay 7€ for a Marlboro packet and 10€ for Samson (other brands of cigarettes that you roll yourself have similar prices I guess). Somehow though I don't know a country with as many smokers as France. Medicine like paracetamol and such is also quite expensive. In the Netherlands I wouldn't even pay a euro for a packet with 50 tablets. In France I'd pay something like 2,50€ for not even the same amount.

What is cheap though is education. Unless you want to do a Grande école, you probably won't end up with an insane student loan. I never paid any college fees when I was entitled to a scholarship. When that ended I did pay but it was just a few hundred euros ayear, so I just paid it out of my own pocket and I am quite grateful I am free of debt now that I have almost graduated (although some may say that the quality of higher education in France could be better, I don't know if it is true...). I also never paid anything for school books in high school. I borrowed them for free (or well, not really, but the region gave everyone coupons worth 60€ which covered up the costs). In university I would usually buy some books myself but never insane prices, and most of the books could be find in the library as well (I think this is different in the USA where it is mandatory to buy a lot of books?).

I found a website called numbeo.com which ranks the cost of living for 115 countries. The 3 most expensive were Bermuda, Switzerland and Iceland. France was 14th on the list, more expensive than the Netherlands and Germany. Ukraine was 111th, the cheapest in Europe. The 3 least expensive countries were Pakistan, India and Egypt.

Nepal is the least expensive country for traveling I've ever been to, slightly less than India which is also very cheap.

Comment

basic services are cheap (but not free) and vehicles are very expensive. liquors are expensive too, but still affordable :-)

Comment

In Russia we have cheap vodka!

Comment

Ruble is cheap
                    dollar expensive

Comment

(Norway) Highly technical instruments from for example the oil industry are "cheap" compared to other countries. The rest is expensive.
                      Except pasta sauce. Can get some of that real cheap. Like 0.5$.
                      Mmm

Comment

Mama Mia .. Here some people still obviously do not understand the fundamentals of the economy that the amount of salary does not mean virtually nothing at all. The highest salaries in Europe are in Norway, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Denmark, etc. But how much is a frozen pizza in a supermarket in Switzerland or Norway? 10Euro .. and exactly the same pizza is in the Czech supermarkets only 2Euro. 0.5 beer stands at Czech supermarkets from € 0.20, in Sweden or Norway from € 5. The same dinner at a restaurant located in England 20Euro is only 3Euro in the Czech Republic :-) There are countries and tourist cities (Switzerland, Norway, Australia, USA, etc.) where 0.5l beer is 10Euro :-) So if I I live in the Czech Republic and my salary is for example 1500euro, so I live on the same level as a Swiss or a cloud, which takes 4500euro. Why? Well, because of my 1500 euros, every month I save 500 euros, just like the Swiss or the cloud.

Do you think that, for example, Germany could not raise its salaries from day to day as does the Swiss? Yes, it could. In the same way, the Czech Republic or Poland could increase basic salaries to the level of Norway tomorrow. But that would mean that all domestic food and services will rise in the same proportion (because everyone has a higher wage). But the enormous disadvantage would be that unemployment in the country would increase enormously. Why? Because many companies from the western countries (Japan, Germany, the USA ...) employ thousands of Czechs here just because there are lower salaries than at home.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORRO_RAMBO View Post
                          Mama Mia .. Here some people still obviously do not understand the fundamentals of the economy that the amount of salary does not mean virtually nothing at all. The highest salaries in Europe are in Norway, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Denmark, etc. But how much is a frozen pizza in a supermarket in Switzerland or Norway? 10Euro .. and exactly the same pizza is in the Czech supermarkets only 2Euro. 0.5 beer stands at Czech supermarkets from € 0.20, in Sweden or Norway from € 5. The same dinner at a restaurant located in England 20Euro is only 3Euro in the Czech Republic :-) There are countries and tourist cities (Switzerland, Norway, Australia, USA, etc.) where 0.5l beer is 10Euro :-) So if I I live in the Czech Republic and my salary is for example 1500euro, so I live on the same level as a Swiss or a cloud, which takes 4500euro. Why? Well, because of my 1500 euros, every month I save 500 euros, just like the Swiss or the cloud.

Do you think that, for example, Germany could not raise its salaries from day to day as does the Swiss? Yes, it could. In the same way, the Czech Republic or Poland could increase basic salaries to the level of Norway tomorrow. But that would mean that all domestic food and services will rise in the same proportion (because everyone has a higher wage). But the enormous disadvantage would be that unemployment in the country would increase enormously. Why? Because many companies from the western countries (Japan, Germany, the USA ...) employ thousands of Czechs here just because there are lower salaries than at home.
                          Thats why the EU, is so retarded.

Mzzls

Comment

I grew up in Bermuda. 4 years ago, I went back for a funeral. It was very expensive as an American tourist. Hotel-wise. But worth it.

I also lived in Argentina. Going back as an American tourist, you could feed a party of 10 for the price of two here. Leather products are cheap there, as well as silver.

Comment

In America, It really depends on what state you're from. I live in Kentucky, which is one of the cheapest states to live in (because everything about it sucks). Rent here is typically very cheap compared to other states. For example, We rent a 4 bedroom home with 13 acres for around six hundred a month. Renting a house like the one I live in now would cost probably around 4,000 a month in California. <--- That's probably an exaggeration, but maybe not.

Comment

Everything is expensive, yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X