Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why some online users rather be fake than real?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
    Most are fake because of all the wrong reasons.
    However, there are a few around who do it for safety.
    Safety has no substitution, we should all be aware and cautious and, never give out any personal information or trusting anyone online, or in person. I just don't see why we need to hide behind the mask online?

Comment

Originally posted by Easygliderpro View Post

​How do you look at the empty glass? Half full or half empty?
      The glass is half filled

I wonder if you seriously trust the statements you try to impose to the others, because they are very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

The glass is half filled

I wonder if you seriously trust the statements you try to impose to the others, because they are very funny.
        ​I am glad you find some, or all of my statements and comments are funny here. I like to laugh too.

I hope you are laughing with me. lol ​.

Comment

Too many straight-arrows posting here. We need to hear from some fakes to get their side of the story.

(That could be difficult.)

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
            Too many straight-arrows posting here. We need to hear from some fakes to get their side of the story.

Interesting to see or know if any fake users out here come forward. Unfortunately, once fake users exposed, the story ends.

Comment

Originally posted by loony-moonchild View Post
              Well, you know I've got a somewhat recent issue with faker back in December. I agree with everything Dariya said, regarding forum posters probably aren't who they claim to be and it doesn't matter that much, as what they have to say is what's important here anyway... but I draw a line when it becomes a closer friendship where you trust that person. I am an active forum poster and I make friends via PM too, so my interaction here is not all forum-based. If I suspect an acquaintance lying I probably just shrug it off, as it doesn't affect me anyway. But in closer friendships I've built, where I actually try to trust them, I'd definitely confront them if I find out they lie to me. ^^
              I agree. If you limit your friends circle only within the forum, to me it's like you are friends with everyone and no one. My point is that you can find active and interesting posters here, who have absolutely lame profiles , either because their aim wasn't to PM anyone, or because they troll, don't want to disclose anything personal, you name it. This is how I made few good friends from here. If any of them would message me outside the forum at all, I'd totally ignore such message, because as everyone esle, I want to know who I am talking to. I talked to these people first via posts, then we exchanged PM, and only some time later, they actually showed their face, and told their story. This is natural. Once you start to trust someone, you open up to them. So forum can become a great start.

Comment

We cannot stop all the problem in life, but we can start teaching our children, starting at home. Never trust anyone outside the family circle, in public or online.
                Why so big and so blue? O.o

Comment

Originally posted by Goathika View Post
                  Why so big and so blue? O.o
                  ​I am trying to be creative about using different colors here. Also, my eyes getting tired looking at small font prints.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

LOL, roger you can be funny even while you're in full hypocrisy mode

Comment

Interesting to see or know if any fake users out here come forward. Unfortunately, once fake users exposed, the story ends.
                      so... why you're still here?

Comment

After seeing CATFISH ('Neev' and Max hosted their show on MTV) I've been alarmed to see live videocam cases where anyone can assume a false identity and cause maximum distress and heartbreak. The hosts expose at least three categories of selfishness. Either self-obsessed, people who confuse love and hate or those who are sexually confused (or all three). Once, someone created a false scenario just to get air time on the TV. Why do I watch it? Just to see the 'boohoo-dot-com' girls during commercial breaks!
                        Last edited by look4swissmiss; 01-10-2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

​How do you look at the empty glass? Half full or half empty?
                          half of truth does not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post

half of truth does not happen.
                            ​I agree, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Comment

Hrm maybe they're scammers, or have low self-esteem, or they're pedophiles, or they're bored or they're protecting their privacy.

I use to be friends with one of the male forum members. On the forums he was always really serious but in personal messages he was usually more chilled out and playful. I found him interesting to talk to so I didn't mind that he seemed to change his persona in private messages. I'm not friends with any of the other forum posters so I can't really give an assessment of them.

I've had some slightly scary experiences with faker people who are not on the forums. I usually just try to protect myself by not revealing my last name or my home address. I've only told two of my penpals my last name and home address but I trusted them a lot.
                              I usually block or ignore people I think could be dangerous. But if I think they're are super dangerous I report them to Rricho, I reported a pedophile that was posting pictures on the forums and reported a group of men that were laughing at disabled people and sharing pictures of underaged girls amongst each other.

Comment

Originally posted by -ocelot View Post
                                Hrm maybe they're scammers, or have low self-esteem, or they're pedophiles, or they're bored or they're protecting their privacy.
                                I use to be friends with one of the male forum members. On the forums he was always really serious but in personal messages he was usually more chilled out and playful. I found him interesting to talk to so I didn't mind that he seemed to change his persona in private messages. I'm not friends with any of the other forum posters so I can't really give an assessment of them.
                                I've had some slightly scary experiences with faker people who are not on the forums. I usually just try to protect myself by not revealing my last name or my home address. I've only told two of my penpals my last name and home address but I trusted them a lot.
                                I usually block or ignore people I think could be dangerous. But if I think they're are super dangerous I report them to Rricho, I reported a pedophile that was posting pictures on the forums and reported a group of men that were laughing at disabled people and sharing pictures of underaged girls amongst each other.
                                Claire, we need more people like you. Great answer. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X