Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your country's flag say about you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your country's flag say about you?

If you were, stopped randomly on the street by a reporter, and asked you: " I saw you are wearing your country's flag or you happen to be holding your country's flag in hand, what are the 4 positive/ suggestions aspects about yourself that you may tell the reporter?).

​Since I am here from USA, I will give out my answers that I may help those who, needs help understanding the question.

Positive:

1. Freedom of speech
    ​2. Freedom of religion
    3. Better job opportunity/ Better pay/ More money
    ​4. Carry legal weapon arm for protection ( I don't own one)

Suggestions:

1. End or abolish racism ( I am white. Racism still here toward different ethnicity and race).
    ​2. Equal pay between men and woman (I am a man and I love to see women have equal pay in the work place).

For every positive answer, give yourself 25 points, minus 25 points for every negative remarks/suggestions, total score cannot exceed 100 points.
    ​If your score is less than 50, no need to go any further but you can just cast your vote.

The questionnaire does NOT apply to dual citizenships (Pick only one), Illegals, work visa, or green card holders such as here in USA, does NOT apply to them. You must choose your legal country's citizenship where you were born.

Only legal Citizenships in, the country you reside and work, which means where you are authorized to work and live permanently.

​Remember, this is about you as a person who is, either a reflection or deflection of your country's flag. Please do NOT use any search engine such as, Google, Bing or internet service to tell us the definition of your country's flag means. We are only interested to know what does your country's flag say about you?.

Also, do NOT use vulgar language, hatreds, threats, violence toward any country/countries or person/ persons. Keep it simple and civilized.

Keep it fun, interesting but real.

I am 100% represent my country's flag.reflection.
    20.00%
    I am somewhat 75% represent my country's flag.
    0%
    I am just 50% represent my country's flag
    0%
    I am throwing the towel. No comment
    20.00%
    I wish I live on Mars or on a different planet
    60.00%

Im the best?

Mzzls

Comment

Originally posted by Gaatjenixaan View Post

Im the best?

Mzzls
      ​Nice flag, Your answer seems to be incomplete "
      Im the best?" you are best in what? Thank you

Comment

I find this question a bit difficult to answer. The USA is a very vast country full of many different cultures and communities that isn't represented by one belief.
        I'll try to answer your question though:
        +I take pride in my personal freedom (the ones I have at least)
        +I take pride in my tradition and culture that dates back centuries within this country
        +I enjoy carrying weapons (I keep my gun next to a vase of flowers)
        +I also enjoy the different cultures and communities within this country and our differences

-I wish the states would balkanize for by economic powers, especially western states
        -I'm not the biggest fan of how overreaching the federal government is on standardizing state policies

Comment

1. Тraditional sexual orientation
          2. Selfless devotion to Homeland

Comment

Proud to be an American. God bless America and everyone else.
            Last edited by Easygliderpro; 01-23-2018, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Easygliderpro View Post
              Proud to be an American. God bless America and everyone else.
              You doesn't understand British humour here. It's none of my business, but be safe.
              Last edited by dmitri11; 01-23-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

It is difficult to answer this question, becouse I hardly would want to carry the flag of my own or another country. The flag of Ukraine - the blue upper half and the yellow lower, what is symbolize by the people, a clear sky and a golden fields, which implies a free hardworking spirit of Ukrainians. At least that's the interpretation.
                The main priority in all ukrainian creativity is always the struggle for freedom and independence.
                And it's close to me, but for me personally, not for the land (this is a complex question, which is not so easy to disclose here, if you want to discuss it - contact in private messages). Freedom and independence from stereotypes and judgments, as for me, is no less important. Like freedom from patriotism, which deprives rational assessment of reality.

I can not be proud of the achievements of my country (do not neigh, they also exist! ), since these are not my achievements and I am not involved in them. And there is still so much to fix, that it's easier to start from scratch. Actually, I think we need to hold on not for the country as such, but the values ​​that its representatives and cultural heritage bear.

Thank you all for your attention, and Google for help in translating.

Comment

Originally posted by Den-K View Post
                  It is difficult to answer this question, becouse I hardly would want to carry the flag of my own or another country. The flag of Ukraine - the blue upper half and the yellow lower, what is symbolize by the people, a clear sky and a golden fields, which implies a free hardworking spirit of Ukrainians. At least that's the interpretation.
                  The main priority in all ukrainian creativity is always the struggle for freedom and independence.
                  And it's close to me, but for me personally, not for the land (this is a complex question, which is not so easy to disclose here, if you want to discuss it - contact in private messages). Freedom and independence from stereotypes and judgments, as for me, is no less important. Like freedom from patriotism, which deprives rational assessment of reality.

I can not be proud of the achievements of my country (do not neigh, they also exist! ), since these are not my achievements and I am not involved in them. And there is still so much to fix, that it's easier to start from scratch. Actually, I think we need to hold on not for the country as such, but the values ​​that its representatives and cultural heritage bear.

Thank you all for your attention, and Google for help in translating.
                  It's amazing, every country is a beautiful and wonderful place to visit and enjoy being there. Unfortunately, whenever there's people, there's always problem that we create against one another.

I had visited Ukraine about 4 times in, the past 5 years on business trips. Poland and Russia only once. The people in each of those countries, who lived there, spoke their native tongue language except, when I was in Odessa, Ukraine most people there spoke Russians.

What really struck me is, most people in the town of Odessa, knew how to speak both languages, but they refused to speak but only in Russians to me. I struggled to speak Russians since I had my Ukrainian translator and I knew the basic grammar in Ukrainian. Nevertheless, I found out later on the way back home to USA, a passenger sitting next to me on the plane, he explained that, most people are Russians in Odessa and Ukrainian language is considered old and not useful.

When I asked him about what does the flag of Ukraine means to him, he looked at me and said; I prefer to speak only in Russian and English. I knew the topic was getting hot and I needed to change the conversation and I did.

Back home here in the USA. I have friends from all over the world who emigrated to the US, they put their differences on the side, no prejudice or they simply don't show it. When I asked them about what does the flag of their country means to them, each one gave out a different answer and mostly positive one.

Comment

It's amazing, every country is a beautiful and wonderful place to visit and enjoy being there. Unfortunately, whenever there's people, there's always problem that we create against one another.
                    A golden words. I ready to subscribe under them : )

As for the language we are talking about, everything is not so simple here. Ukrainians are divided into speakers in: Ukrainian, Russian and surzhik (literally a mixture of Ukrainian and Russian). The western half (it is easy to find it on the map, conditionally dividing Ukraine by the Dnieper river), mostly Ukrainian-speaking, while the eastern one has a lot of Russian speakers. Well, it unites all surzhik, which, probably, is everywhere). In fact, every area is like your states, although it has the same laws, but different internal features.
                    As for Odessa, it is considered a Jewish city, in which they speak Russian with an inimitable colorful accent. However, just now I accidentally came across the profile of a girl from Odessa, who, it seems, is happy to speak both languages.

Now, after the 14th year, the issue of nationalization was sharply raised. For comparison, it's like if the United States suddenly split into English and American English speakers, and the United States would have gained independence from Britain only 30 years ago and can now lose several of its states in favor of Britain, because the citizens of these states wanted to secede (rather a relative example, but briefly outlines the situation).

Once I wandered far into politics, it does not count for flooding? In any case, I think that the interests of the state are too narrow to accommodate the interests of certain categories of citizens, someone will have to make room for it.
                    Last edited by Den-K; 01-24-2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Den-K View Post
                      A golden words. I ready to subscribe under them : )

As for the language we are talking about, everything is not so simple here. Ukrainians are divided into speakers in: Ukrainian, Russian and surzhik (literally a mixture of Ukrainian and Russian). The western half (it is easy to find it on the map, conditionally dividing Ukraine by the Dnieper river), mostly Ukrainian-speaking, while the eastern one has a lot of Russian speakers. Well, it unites all surzhik, which, probably, is everywhere). In fact, every area is like your states, although it has the same laws, but different internal features.
                      As for Odessa, it is considered a Jewish city, in which they speak Russian with an inimitable colorful accent. However, just now I accidentally came across the profile of a girl from Odessa, who, it seems, is happy to speak both languages.

Now, after the 14th year, the issue of nationalization was sharply raised. For comparison, it's like if the United States suddenly split into English and American English speakers, and the United States would have gained independence from Britain only 30 years ago and can now lose several of its states in favor of Britain, because the citizens of these states wanted to secede (rather a relative example, but briefly outlines the situation).

Once I wandered far into politics, it does not count for flooding? In any case, I think that the interests of the state are too narrow to accommodate the interests of certain categories of citizens, someone will have to make room for it.

I always read and reread every interesting, educational and enjoyable discussion, regardless I agree or disagree with the author. I think we need more people like you here Dan.

Comment

I always read and reread every interesting, educational and enjoyable discussion, regardless I agree or disagree with the author. I think we need more people like you here Dan.
                        Thank you! Pleasantly to respond to a deployed high-grade opinion. I think this is not the last topic that we can discuss)

Comment

Working...
                        X